NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkssin

Reaction score
UPDATE: Went for nus DA BBA interview but got rejected got second choice business analytics... Anyone can advise how totally is it different from biz admin And job prospect? Ty

paydrochoi

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am a foreigner with A Level UAS of 83.75 and have just learned that I was rejected for my admission into NUS. My 1st choice was FASS and 2nd was Biz admin but my focus was FASS.

Could anyone tell me if I would stand a chance to get into FASS if I appeal? NUS website statement says something like "when you are rejected, all your choices have been thoroughly considered and you are highly unlikely to be successful with your appeal if you apply to the same course with your original application." I am really upset as FASS was my sole goal during my JC and I thought my A Level grades were good enough to get me into FASS.

Would anyone care to share what is the grade or UAS sufficient for a foreign student to get into FASS?

slayerfin

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am a foreigner with A Level UAS of 83.75 and have just learned that I was rejected for my admission into NUS. My 1st choice was FASS and 2nd was Biz admin but my focus was FASS.

Could anyone tell me if I would stand a chance to get into FASS if I appeal? NUS website statement says something like "when you are rejected, all your choices have been thoroughly considered and you are highly unlikely to be successful with your appeal if you apply to the same course with your original application." I am really upset as FASS was my sole goal during my JC and I thought my A Level grades were good enough to get me into FASS.

Would anyone care to share what is the grade or UAS sufficient for a foreign student to get into FASS?

Totally understood how that felt. I too am a foreigner with a UAS of 86.25 and yet I cannot Get into chemical engineering. In fact, I cant even get into nus now. Hopes and dreams all crushed.

stressedout95

Reaction score
Totally understood how that felt. I too am a foreigner with a UAS of 86.25 and yet I cannot Get into chemical engineering. In fact, I cant even get into nus now. Hopes and dreams all crushed.

But then, you should know that you are competing with foreigners and not Singaporeans right? No offense...

Occifer&Gentleman

Reaction score
Went for NUS BBA DA interview early this month and attending 15 min follow up interview this week. Anyone attended before?! Any info is much appreciated!

Last edited:

bloodysham

Reaction score
Dear all,

That is really surprising. What's the exact breakdown of your grades? Did you Get E for GP or sth?

Havok_ex

Reaction score

Dont feel too down. You have a good score, maybe try a university elsewhere? NUS is not the only good university in this world.

eyhyyyy

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from a business course in polytechnic and have a CPGA of 3.73. I aimed to get into NBS or NUS Business which i knew the chances of getting into either was quite slim since the competition seems to be getting stronger each year.

I was not offered the course I want but instead, was offered NUS FASS & NTU Comm Studies.... I have an interest in marketing and am conflicting between comm studies or appeal to NBS. I heard that comm studies has an advertising/pr route, somewhat like marketing but there are also modules from other paths i would have to take e.g. Journalism, Filming etc which I'm worried that it would not be my thing. I don't know if this is totally out of my field or not :(

If my appeal to NBS succeeds, I would still be choosing the Marketing path in the end. I feel like NBS is the safe way to go whereas Comm studies seem like a totally new thing and I'm at loss of what to do now.. Haven't appeal of NBS yet

paydrochoi

Reaction score
That is really surprising. What's the exact breakdown of your grades? Did you Get E for GP or sth?

Nope. I've got C for GP. A for H2 Eng Lit and History, B for H2 Econs, B for PW and A for H1 maths. My subjects are all Arts so i thought I stood a good chance 😢
Could anyone share what's grades required for a foreigner into FASS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.