NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyyyyyy999

Reaction score
Sigh NTU too.. What's the chances of appeal for the 3 unis when you're rejected? I'm so lost now..😥

hey mind if i ask what's your rp and what courses di you apply for?? in the same state as well and i guess... the only thing we can do is appeal and hope for the best!

Nosferato4

Reaction score
bce/b b for gp, a for pw and chinese, olevels raw 8, I applied econs for NTU

your A level score is as follows:

Ranking Points/UAS witout MTL: 70
Ranking Points/UAS with MTL: 72

Your A level Ranking Points: 72

IGP Ranking Points for NTU Econs : 75
Difference: -3

even though your results are definitely below the bottom 10% mark (10th percentile) I suggest you go and appeal because you are still close to the cut-off.

Likewise, for other unis if you are unsucessful go and appeal too!

if all else fails, u can choose to retake A levels if you are a guy during NS or ask your OC/JC tutors to write you a stellar testimonial to increase ur admission chances next year.

(NUS and NTU are wayang at a "national level"so a testimonial/ recommendation letter from SAF or any other govt org. will definitely help differentiate u and other borderlime cases)

Also take this time to read up on current affairs, ur poly studies and do reflection to prepare for ur appeal eassay/interview if you are shortlisted!

If not do ur best to catch up n try again next year!

Gowhek12

Reaction score
I used the mobile and laptop to check both can't :(( I'm on Apple products. Are u android? Maybe it's Apple. Idk 😫

I just called up NUS they said they are still in the midst of rectifying the problem and I was told to check back Tmr.

schoolboyz

Reaction score
Sigh NTU too.. What's the chances of appeal for the 3 unis when you're rejected? I'm so lost now..😥

My sugg is in case ur appeals are not successful try to apply for those courses with cut-off at around 65~73 from NTU nxt yr. I'm sure u can get it if u are not a foreigner :)

wisdomthoughts

Reaction score
ntu sociology

hi guys, is an interview compulsory to all applicants for sociology in NTU? have not been called up for an interview yet..

alianagrande

Reaction score
may i know wats ur rp? :( still no news from ntu..but my frens already starting to receive rejection letter from ntu...

just got my rejection letter. i don't know whether to be shocked or not, because my cut off was borderline without mother tongue, but higher than cut off by 2 points with mother tongue. next thing for me to do is appeal, though idk if i should try to appeal for my initial choices...

nightzsky

Reaction score
just got my rejection letter. i don't know whether to be shocked or not, because my cut off was borderline without mother tongue, but higher than cut off by 2 points with mother tongue. next thing for me to do is appeal, though idk if i should try to appeal for my initial choices...

i see..my fren called to ntu and ntu told her that just appeal to wat she like.. i guess should just try since after 2nd june, there will be empty spaces in ntu.. i still waiting for my reply from ntu now but i think most likely will rejection letter :( i already appealed..T_T i appealed to cs...a popular course..sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.