NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHICGEEK

Reaction score
Hi there!

The test consists of an article, with questions based on the article! Not too hard or anything, just try to keep 10 minutes for reading and 20 minutes for answering the questions! Total 30 minutes. Don't worry if you can't finish it either, they would probably look at the quality of your answers rather than quantity.

As for the interview, it's quite chill. The professor didn't really look at my written test (could have done so after my interview), but I was told before the interview started that i would first be asked about the article then go into answering brief interview questions!

For the interview, I was asked if I agreed with the writer of the article, then the other questions were like why I chose philosophy, any philosophers I knew of, and what my hobbies/ccas were!

Don't worry too much and just go there and be yourself! (Aha I was really quite nervous but the prof was so so nice)

All the best!!! :) if you have anymore questions just ask me!

Hello! :)

Thanks for this! May I know what the article was roughly about? Was it like a philosophy passage?

Hope I will get a nice professor as well!! :)

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hello! :)

Thanks for this! May I know what the article was roughly about? Was it like a philosophy passage?

Hope I will get a nice professor as well!! :)

I believe last year's was Descartes' Meditations on First Philosophy. Not sure about this year but I suppose it should be at the same level.

wisdomthoughts

Reaction score
hi guys, I received an offer from unisim, but I want to wait for ntu's reply.. can I accept the offer first and at the same time wait for ntu's reply?

keith seow

Reaction score
hi guys, I received an offer from unisim, but I want to wait for ntu's reply.. can I accept the offer first and at the same time wait for ntu's reply?

I think u should wait till end of first common acceptance period ends first. Unless uniSIM also requires u to accept before 2June.

wisdomthoughts

Reaction score
I think u should wait till end of first common acceptance period ends first. Unless uniSIM also requires u to accept before 2June.
I have to accept their offer before 2 june, was thinking to wait too, but im afraid ntu might not offer me a course/ offer me aft 2 june.. is it possible to accept unisim offer first and then reject them if ntu offers me?

zero_88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please dun come com science

in local uni

u all will regret it

dun say nvr warn u all!!!!

Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead :)

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la

bentotheright

Reaction score

Yea they require to submit before 2nd June . The acceptance offer is on the same platform as the rest of the local universities. And I think is it possible to accept
While waiting for an appeal just in case your appeal do not get through

AlphaCat

Reaction score
Any NSFs currently serving NS now received acceptance from ntu?
I received an electronic acceptance letter from NBS last month and have alrd accepted the course on the joint acceptance portal.

But there's been no follow up email or confirmation from Ntu since. Is this the norm for ntu? I thought usually got send confirmation email like "thank you for accepting xxx course" or like info for tea sessions etc?

Btw I'm matriculating in August 2016.

wisdomthoughts

Reaction score
hi guys, I have received the rejection letter from ntu.. I have already appealed for sociology, what are the chances for success in appeal?:(

hpkishere

Reaction score
Hi, I just received rejection letter from both NUS and NTU. I am a foreigner and was applying for Mech Engineering first choice with 80rp. I am planning to appeal to EEE for both unis which was my 5th choice. Is this a wise decision? or should I try appealing for another course? I don't think I stand a chance anyway :s11:, it's so competitive for foreigners...

G0DL1KE

Reaction score
Hi, I just received rejection letter from both NUS and NTU. I am a foreigner and was applying for Mech Engineering first choice with 80rp. I am planning to appeal to EEE for both unis which was my 5th choice. Is this a wise decision? or should I try appealing for another course? I don't think I stand a chance anyway :s11:, it's so competitive for foreigners...

I think you should apply for other course. As all your choices been rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.