NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaa123

Reaction score
oh man, if i can't login to the joint acceptance portal it means i've been rejected? :(

eh i dont think so. Why is it that you can't log in? When my application had been processed i loggged into the joint acceptance portal a few hours later and saw the offer... and then NUS texted me that I've been offered a course the next morn

isrida96

Reaction score
i'm above the 10th percentile and i got rejected???

Hmm one think I can think the reason why you were rejected is because they evaluate an applicant holistically. If you did not pass the holistic evaluation you will not be shortlisted for the interview.

SMU is becoming stringent nowadays due to demand exceeding supply. If i recalled only 1 out of 7 or 8 students are accepted into the university. Admission rate of the different schools I am not sure.

agenda

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm above the 10th percentile and i got rejected???

1) If you went for interview, you probably did badly. During my time, I was the only one in my group to make it.

2) If you didn't go for interview, IS was probably your 3rd choice or something. They don't take people who put them as a dumping ground.

alianagrande

Reaction score
Hmm one think I can think the reason why you were rejected is because they evaluate an applicant holistically. If you did not pass the holistic evaluation you will not be shortlisted for the interview.

SMU is becoming stringent nowadays due to demand exceeding supply. If i recalled only 1 out of 7 or 8 students are accepted into the university. Admission rate of the different schools I am not sure.

well, a few things

a) i applied literally minutes before deadline. i was overseas and could not access net (death of relative). i realized that i didn't talk about my CCA stuff like council and stuff.

b) i only got my rejection letter AFTER i called smu to ask about my status (coincidence?)

c) do i stand a good chance in appeal if i document my other achievements? i really wanna get into smu!!!

alianagrande

Reaction score
1) If you went for interview, you probably did badly. During my time, I was the only one in my group to make it.

2) If you didn't go for interview, IS was probably your 3rd choice or something. They don't take people who put them as a dumping ground.

i put it on second.... i put business first, that one confirm cannot make it but i just put there. but i kinda assumed that IS would call me? didn't get called for interview.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Not sure about appeal chance since you are not invited for interview. I think the appeal only apply for those who sat for the interview and appeal for 2nd chance.

But no harm trying to appeal.

alianagrande

Reaction score
Not sure about appeal chance since you are not invited for interview. I think the appeal only apply for those who sat for the interview and appeal for 2nd chance.

But no harm trying to appeal.

i would be heart broken of they don't accept me via appeal, because my rp is like 72 and the cut off is 68+

IloveMilo

Reaction score
Not advice, but hope this helps
My friend went for LMS interview last week. Haven received news till now. She got a gpa of 3.73

Wow. The IGP must have really shot up this year. HSS IGP is always in flux. Because of their small intake, their IGP can quickly change each year depending on demand. I would recommend that you appeal to soci since its intake is about 50 students more than LMS. So the chances are higher.

Wow joey! She applied through DA?

:(:(:( Thanks Havok!!

Occifer&Gentleman

Reaction score
Hey man,all the best to you but may I know when you went for the BBA DA and how many days did it take for it to have been processed. I went for the DA last thursday and the application is still processing, thanks so much! ;)

I went for the DA interviews on the first and third week of may. No change in status until this morning.

*I called admissions earlier and they said there's an outcome but it would take 1-2 days for it to be reflected in NUS and the joint admissions portal.

Revalina

Reaction score

nightzsky

Reaction score

hello~wat do u mean by u are the only one in ur group to make it? does tat mean that u went for DA interview for science and got in? or u appeal to science (after DA interview?or no?) then u got in?

okryai

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if anybody can help me out here

Gpa 3.58
From sp biz admin
O level 9pts

Have been trying to apply to all 3 locals uni for 2 yrs for either biz or mass comm but cant seem to even score an interview, even for smu which I'm especially puzzled by. I had like testimonials and portfolio of some articles ive written before in hopes of getting to ntu comms this yr but i still got rejected without interview too. Was wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation as me or has been successful in appealing to either of the unis for comms or biz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.