NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can u name me an industry/company where they will prefer a history student over a geog student?

Some political intelligence unit in one of the ministry... I rmb attending some tok and one of the speaker from that unit says they prefer hist major.

And of cos there are also those positions that prefer geographic major to history major such as GIS.

Majors like psychology or economics are also a requirement in their respective fields.

witchboyz

Reaction score
seems like ntu biz igp have risen quite signifcantly this year.

over the past 3 days, the top 5 students of a biz diploma in nyp were all rejected by NBS. All of us had dip in merit and includes gold, silver , & bronze medal recipients. our gpa ranges from 3.77-3.88

How in the world does a poly student enter NTU, when being in the 10% of the cohort doesnt even get u a spot in NTU? Nuts

What's their O lvl results?

I am from SP biz sch, gpa 3.85, no diploma with merit but managed to secure a place in nbs. Yeah, my gpa doesn't even place me in the top 10% of my course lol

kloppite

Reaction score
What's their O lvl results?

I am from SP biz sch, gpa 3.85, no diploma with merit but managed to secure a place in nbs. Yeah, my gpa doesn't even place me in the top 10% of my course lol

Sorry mind sharing what's your o level result? :)

SkatyBoy

Reaction score
I'm quite in a dilemma now. Should I enrol in the University Scholars Programme (USP) or the University Town College Programme (UTCP)?

I am not quite the Arts kind of person, more of a Science person. So, I don't know if the USP or UTCP (which seems to be USP, but only for 2 years) is best suited for me. Should I not join any of those UTown programmes and just apply for a Hall residence? From what I heard from USP/UTown students, their modules are generally not those GP essay kind under timed conditions and hence, I might be able to excel as there's time to brush up on the work itself.

Also, comparing the UTown Residences and NUS Halls, which one offers more student-student interaction? Judging from the info from NUS website, it seems that the Halls are student-run and more college-styled (the Oxbridge kind). Furthermore, they regularly run programmes with a social aspect to it. However, I am not sure if that is the case for UTown and would I miss out on anything that is unique to the Halls?

nightzzz

Reaction score
i just went for interview yesterday and no reply from smu yet...does it mean that i m on the waiting list al??if i need to wait for the vacancies will i be the last on the list due to the late application :(

IAmZTX

Reaction score
i just went for interview yesterday and no reply from smu yet...does it mean that i m on the waiting list al??if i need to wait for the vacancies will i be the last on the list due to the late application :(

I think they are still processing your application. Maybe wait for good news on next Monday?

Which course did you interview for?

IAmZTX

Reaction score
next monday public holiday haiz...

SIS you?

I see.. i have forgotten about the public holiday.. Don't worry too much. If you haven't receive any rejection letter via email. Most likely your application is still processing.

Last edited:

nightzzz

Reaction score
I see.. i have forgotten about the public holiday.. Don't worry too much. If you haven't receive any rejection letter via email. Most likely your application is still processing.

idk man cuz i think i screwed up my interview lol. just hope for the best!
oh u got accepted al?

nightzzz

Reaction score
Diploma in Business Information Technology
O Level L1R4: 15
Poly GPA: 3.46
Applied for SMU SIS (First and only choice)
Got the placement email on the day I went for the interview.

that was really fast congrats!! what did the interviewers ask you?

nightzzz

Reaction score
They asked the following questions:
1) Tell me more about your diploma course
2) What is your role for major project
3) What is your greatest difficulty in completing the major project

oh i c... i m fron jc so the Q they asked me quite different from yours. but they didn't ask u the estimation Q? i thought it's compulsory for every interviewee haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.