NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveMilo

Reaction score
what is your backup plan now? If you are in army, try again next year.

Hey Evil Bunny,

Thanks for replying! I have no idea.. I am still thinking on my next step forward.

And yes, I'm a girl.

So you didnt get any HSS courses at all? From your GPA, it is quite surprising that you are rejected. The only reason I can think of is that the IGP shot up this year. How bad were your O-levels? Did you fail any subject?

Yes, I didn't get any HSS courses at all. I'm currently stunned like a vegetable.

My O levels were pretty bad. Can I pm you on this? It's getting a bit personal. :s13:

tar241@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Rejected from SMU Social Science

Hey there guys,

I just received an email notification last night that my application (not appeal) was rejected by SMU Social Science. I scrambled to write a personal appeal to one of the professors there, with the hope of reversing the decision, however slim it may be.

Otherwise, I'd probably have to appeal to SMU's Information System course. Getting a little kan chiong as the appeal deadline is on 8 July and no one knows how many places are left.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Thanks for reading!

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I just received an email notification last night that my application (not appeal) was rejected by SMU Social Science. I scrambled to write a personal appeal to one of the professors there, with the hope of reversing the decision, however slim it may be.

Otherwise, I'd probably have to appeal to SMU's Information System course. Getting a little kan chiong as the appeal deadline is on 8 July and no one knows how many places are left.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Thanks for reading!

Does it matter how many spaces are left right now? What is your aim? What are the exceptional values you have compared to other applicant?

Sent from anywhere using GAGT

zengx2

Reaction score
Not just NTU trying to churn out more honor students..NUS also..last year, they just revised the requirements

I personally feel it makes you harder to stand out..because if everyone is applying for the same job as you..and all have honors..than :s22:

de-valued? probably
if almost every resume you see has honors..then whats so special about a student who has one?..:s13::s13:

Lol. I do agree that if more people have Hons, the value of having an honors degree will depreciate. However, I think that when NUS lowered the honors criteria, they did not lower the criteria for the different class of honors except the 3rd class. Hence it should not affect much when seeking job coz it save someone by giving them a honors degree. If u are worried it would be depreciated, you must have been a person who perform better & I believe will stand out through interview rather than a cert that u are worrying that it will depreciate

okryai

Reaction score
Just got NTU rejection letter

Hey there, I've quite a no. of questions and was wondering if anyone of you can help me shed some light on them. Can also reply me thru pm if possible.

1. I literally just received my email of rejection for my appeal to NTU comms, I was wondering if my delayed response meant I could have a possibility go actually being successful? I have not been called up for an interview though & my gpa is 3.58 with diploma in biz admin. Also I was wondering despite this failed appeal can I send a reappeal to the dean of admissions and possibly ask for a chance to be interviewed? I did send out an appeal to the Dean of comms during the appeal period but didn't get any response from him.

2. I'm pretty confused with regards to the whole first window second window of appeal thingy. Would help if someone can get back to me on this

3. I'm thinking of appealing to smu biz since the appeal period is still open but I heard from the staff there that whatever accolades u have (I have prev ran my own business as my FYP with healthy profits) is pretty much secondary. Is it really true? In this case how should I draft my appeal letter cus I was pretty much banking on this to get my way into smu.

4. Is there any NTU sociology students out there? I have a placing there but I'm worried that I might not be measure up in terms of the style of assignments being like GP since I came from poly. What kind of assignments do they have and the mode of testings?

Thank you guys:s22::s22::s22::s22:

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hey there, I've quite a no. of questions and was wondering if anyone of you can help me shed some light on them. Can also reply me thru pm if possible.

1. I literally just received my email of rejection for my appeal to NTU comms, I was wondering if my delayed response meant I could have a possibility go actually being successful? I have not been called up for an interview though & my gpa is 3.58 with diploma in biz admin. Also I was wondering despite this failed appeal can I send a reappeal to the dean of admissions and possibly ask for a chance to be interviewed? I did send out an appeal to the Dean of comms during the appeal period but didn't get any response from him.

2. I'm pretty confused with regards to the whole first window second window of appeal thingy. Would help if someone can get back to me on this

3. I'm thinking of appealing to smu biz since the appeal period is still open but I heard from the staff there that whatever accolades u have (I have prev ran my own business as my FYP with healthy profits) is pretty much secondary. Is it really true? In this case how should I draft my appeal letter cus I was pretty much banking on this to get my way into smu.

4. Is there any NTU sociology students out there? I have a placing there but I'm worried that I might not be measure up in terms of the style of assignments being like GP since I came from poly. What kind of assignments do they have and the mode of testings?

Thank you guys:s22::s22::s22::s22:

1. Dont appeal to the Deans directly. Dean level are too high, they dont micro-manage down to the undergraduate admissions level. At most they do get involved in grad students admissions. Try appealing to an Assoc Prof or an Asst Prof.

2. I believe there is only one window of official appeal. Any appeals outside of the NTU system(ie. directly to the prof) would be counted as informal appeals.

4. Soci is essay and exam based. There is always a compulsory module in your first semester that will teach you how to craft uni-level essays.

chocolatte41

Reaction score
Hi! am heading down to NTU medical centre for my health screening tomorrow but I have never been there before. Can anyone give me the directions on getting there from Pioneer MRT? any help will be much appreciated! thank you :)

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Hi! am heading down to NTU medical centre for my health screening tomorrow but I have never been there before. Can anyone give me the directions on getting there from Pioneer MRT? any help will be much appreciated! thank you :)

Hello. I understand how you feel about this. Please use the following link to navigate to Medical Centre.

http://maps.ntu.edu.sg/maps#q:Medical%20centre

Xuanalysis

Reaction score

Aboard the Campus Rider at the bus stop(Turn right after scanning your ez-link card at the MRT station) and enjoy the journey. Alight at the University Health Service Building(On your LHS there will be Fullerton Healthcare and you can see a sign board showing University Health Service Building on your RHS).

IWantFriends

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aboard the Campus Rider at the bus stop(Turn right after scanning your ez-link card at the MRT station) and enjoy the journey. Alight at the University Health Service Building(On your LHS there will be Fullerton Healthcare and you can see a sign board showing University Health Service Building on your RHS).

Basically, the landmark is, when you turn left at a roundabout and head up the slope (with ADM to your right), that's the time to press the bell

chocolatte41

Reaction score
Basically, the landmark is, when you turn left at a roundabout and head up the slope (with ADM to your right), that's the time to press the bell

Hello. I understand how you feel about this. Please use the following link to navigate to Medical Centre.

Thank you for all your help! Managed to find my way there successfully :s13:

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
Hey Evil Bunny,

Thanks for replying! I have no idea.. I am still thinking on my next step forward.

And yes, I'm a girl.

If really cannot get a placing, then work for one year while trying again. I know some students worked for a year before getting back to studies.

lil_bear

Reaction score
Comp sci eng math 1 and 2 start in semester 2? Take refresher math course still can remember or not?

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

turnbackclock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comp sci eng math 1 and 2 start in semester 2? Take refresher math course still can remember or not?

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

comeon lar, university liao, you ask this type of question~

You can choose to take engineering math for semester 1. As much as I know, most modules are available in both semesters 1 & 2. The timetable is registered for you for year 1, but you can change it from what I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.