NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Smartalex, I can assure you, winning you or outsmarting you, there is nothing big deal. We don't get an oscar prize tomorrow.

If you want to walk into the abyss, go ahead. We say our pieces to point out to you on the importance of education and the right attitude to MAKE IT WORK for you. You think we say all these so that we can be branded as HEROS in where ? Some silly cyberworld stored in the hard disk of a server ?

Use your brain and save your sister. She is your sister, not ours. Her success is in your understanding of our harsh words for you. If you want to act like we are just trying to prove anything, I hope you are right. Because if you are wrong, your sister future is the only thing at stake.

I don't have to say more seriously, but you sound like a very irresponsible brother and I feel sorry for your sister. Because your excessive pride allows yourself to fall deaf ears against genuine advices.

忠言逆耳

David, i suggest you to look at his posts and where he is from.

In case being deleted:

Hi guys I'm an international student and applied for SMU Biz. I graduated as a salutatorian (rank 2) out of 500 students from my high school in the Philippines. My SAT score is 2140 woth SAT 2 math score of 800. I had a biz interview 3 weeks ago but I hear nothing from SMU yet. My taiwanese friend from the biz interview group already got her offer. I am getting nervous what does no news for 3 weeks usually mean? Do I have a chance?

I'm AMAZED with the kind of questions that TOP 2 SALUTATORIAN asked. Clap clap.

Last edited:

a&w_rootbeerz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your long and offensve reply to enlighten me. You guys here in this forum are very smart and wise indeed. I cannot say anything 'cause you sound perfectly right. Congrats for proving that you are smarter and wiser than I am.

His post always consist of at least 5 paragraphs. That is the minimum. You are lucky he didn't post 20 paragraphs of essay to you :s13:

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His post always consist of at least 5 paragraphs. That is the minimum. You are lucky he didn't post 20 paragraphs of essay to you :s13:

And you are still using so much words to add your post count, time to act smarter ?

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
David, i suggest you to look at his posts and where he is from.

In case being deleted:

I'm AMAZED with the kind of questions that TOP 2 SALUTATORIAN asked. Clap clap.

It's okay, I don't care where he is from. I'm not biased against foreigners coming to my country and study. I will treat them with grace as much as I could. I say if they are capable, then come and study and do something good for the world and their own country.

I'm just taken aback at the way he answered you and hence I step in.

ys04057

Reaction score
Smartalex, I can assure you, winning you or outsmarting you, there is nothing big deal. We don't get an oscar prize tomorrow.

If you want to walk into the abyss, go ahead. We say our pieces to point out to you on the importance of education and the right attitude to MAKE IT WORK for you. You think we say all these so that we can be branded as HEROS in where ? Some silly cyberworld stored in the hard disk of a server ?

Use your brain and save your sister. She is your sister, not ours. Her success is in your understanding of our harsh words for you. If you want to act like we are just trying to prove anything, I hope you are right. Because if you are wrong, your sister future is the only thing at stake.

I don't have to say more seriously, but you sound like a very irresponsible brother and I feel sorry for your sister. Because your excessive pride allows yourself to fall deaf ears against genuine advices.

忠言逆耳

To IAmZTX and davidktw, I am quite surprised by your passionate attitudes in helping out a person and his sister who you never met before. I'm not being sarcastic even after reading how you guys actually brought up my old posts. I felt mad and bad because of your offensive words but reading your replies, I realize that I am indeed stupid borther as I admitted already. I will talk to my sister tomorrow morning. Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate them.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To IAmZTX and davidktw, I am quite surprised by your passionate attitudes in helping out a person and his sister who you never met before. I'm not being sarcastic even after reading how you guys actually brought up my old posts. I felt mad and bad because of your offensive words but reading your replies, I realize that I am indeed stupid borther as I admitted already. I will talk to my sister tomorrow morning. Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate them.

That's good. Give some deep thoughts about it. There is no grudge here for we are not enemies to start with. Words are cold and we can't show you our hearts :) Trust us, we want the best for you and your sister, there is nothing for us to gain or lose.

Wish you and your sister all the best in future endeavours.

ys04057

Reaction score
That's good. Give some deep thoughts about it. There is no grudge here for we are not enemies to start with. Words are cold and we can't show you our hearts :) Trust us, we want the best for you and your sister, there is nothing for us to gain or lose.

Wish you and your sister all the best.

Seriously, thank you again and sorry for the reply but I felt bad by some of your offensive words. But you made me think about what my sister really wants and what is the best for her. I was acting like this kind of person who I always hated.I will have a long conversation with her tomorrow. Thanks again.

intime

Reaction score
What you say is totally agreeable. But in fact she actually studies for sake of studying. What is important to her is to get into a university. You may think this is a stupid attitude and idea but this is the reality. Thanks for a reply but if you are not going to give any useful advice to a very desperate applicant, please do not comment.

Less popular SMU courses? Just look at IGP,
- http://admissions.smu.edu.sg/sites/...MU_2014_Indicative_Grade_Profile_with_FAQ.pdf

But these are based on local qualifications. There is no data for international students. International students face tougher competition to compete for that 20% space.

I hope your sister have more to show than her SAT and high school cohort position. Example, relevant internships, job exp, student life activities, community services, recommendation letters, represented her school for "something" worthy etc.

Hope that her high school have career counsellors or similar to help identify her interest. Alternatively just use some of the profiling tools online to get a rough idea. :D

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Now that the proper things are in place. Allow me to just say this once to you. If you just want to keep on tagging to my posts in HWZ with those moronic statements from you, I think you really need to focus better in life and you will definitely achieve more than what you have now.

Seriously I wonder what is the goodness of having you around here ? You really think all these statements you made about me in the forum is really amusing ? It is to idiots, which I hope these are the kind of audience you are targeting, and that really tells a lot about your character.

Otherwise, I suggest you be more effective as a person and do something good in the name of yourself and for the goodness of the world, the country and/or the community. That will serve you better on long run and something more satisfying than just increasing your useless post counts in HWZ.

I may like to be thorough and type essays to get my message across, but looking at this instance, I can assure you, I feel like a more fulfilled person helping someone to see light in his/her life and able to help some strangers miles away.

What did you achieve by posting all those nonsense referring to me ? I'm not annoyed seriously. I can't help it wanting to give a piece of my mind to you, but I thought I want to give you chance to redeem your a.r.s.e.

So if you are smarter than an a.r.s.e, you stop what you have been doing and get on with your life, otherwise keep doing it and laugh over your stupidity. That's all it's about.

Wise up dude :)

Last edited:

ys04057

Reaction score
Less popular SMU courses? Just look at IGP,
- http://admissions.smu.edu.sg/sites/...MU_2014_Indicative_Grade_Profile_with_FAQ.pdf

But these are based on local qualifications. There is no data for international students. International students face tougher competition to compete for that 20% space.

I hope your sister have more to show than her SAT and high school cohort position. Example, relevant internships, job exp, student life activities, community services, recommendation letters, represented her school for "something" worthy etc.

Hope that her high school have career counsellors or similar to help identify her interest. Alternatively just use some of the profiling tools online to get a rough idea. :D
Thank you!!! You Singaporeans are really kind :)

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Thank you!!! You Singaporeans are really kind :)

Actually, if you're a foreigner, no matter which course you apply to, it will be very hard to get in. The quotas are set to only 18% foreign students for NUS/NTU/SMU.

That said, courses that are less popular among Singaporeans are easier for foreigners to get in. Courses such as Engineering(Electrical, Mech, Civil) or Science is usually less popular among Singaporeans. Whereas popular courses like Biz/Acct/SocialScience/Humanities/Aerospace would be harder for foreigners to gain admissions to because there are more Singaporeans vying for those places.

That said, the advice above is solid. Don't apply for a course just so that you can get into university. IF you get into a course that you are not passionate in, you'd just graduate with poor grades and waste 4 years of your life. Apply for a course only if you have genuine interest/passion.

ys04057

Reaction score
Actually, if you're a foreigner, no matter which course you apply to, it will be very hard to get in. The quotas are set to only 18% foreign students for NUS/NTU/SMU.

That said, courses that are less popular among Singaporeans are easier for foreigners to get in. Courses such as Engineering(Electrical, Mech, Civil) or Science is usually less popular among Singaporeans. Whereas popular courses like Biz/Acct/SocialScience/Humanities/Aerospace would be harder for foreigners to gain admissions to because there are more Singaporeans vying for those places.

That said, the advice above is solid. Don't apply for a course just so that you can get into university. IF you get into a course that you are not passionate in, you'd just graduate with poor grades and waste 4 years of your life. Apply for a course only if you have genuine interest/passion.
Thanks for the reply. I can see that the competition is really tough. Thanks for your advice in the last paragraph. It helps me a lot :)

Takimaru

Reaction score

At least Havok gave constructive comments to assist people with burning questions.
Unlike some keyboard warriors trying so hard to portray an independently tough persona.

PororoTheP

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can see that the competition is really tough. Thanks for your advice in the last paragraph. It helps me a lot :)

Hi there, I hope that you don't mind me asking this question now seeing that you are here to seek advice to help your sister.... But may I know when you got your offer from SMU? I'm an international student too but SMU still hasn't replied me so I'm really worried now :(

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least Havok gave constructive comments to assist people with burning questions.
Unlike some keyboard warriors trying so hard to portray an independently tough persona.

And u did better as another keyboard warrior? Only narrow and shallow minded people like you will only see the words and failed to see the meaning and take it as just typing for the sake of typing. Perhaps the real keyboard warrior is you

What's the point to answer a question right to the point if the intention has been wrong in the first place ? Do you mean spoon-feeding to a wrong intention makes it right ? The much larger and even more burning question are to people like you with the wrong perception in education where you think getting a degree is all it matters, when what really make you useful is your skill and knowledge, but a piece of 120g paper.

That 120g piece of paper will not build country, it will not build planes, it will not build cars, it will not build your school, it will most certainly not nurture a scholar. It's the person with the knowledge that does and it comes from the love of doing so and wanting to do so. So "kid" you can also participate in "learning" how to "learn" from now on, because you seems "smart" but actually reveal yourself far from so, from the way you have presented yourself.

Last edited:

jameskoay

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Will only be matriculating in 2017 due to NS haish. Are you enjoying the course and student life thus far?

hahaha serve first :s13: school isn't exactly fun either hahah.. you will always start the semester.. and look forward to the holidays :s13:

well if you want to have a fun time in university.. you should join like Hall/CCAs.. that way uni will be much more fun... if you just go to school for classes.. it will mainly be hi/bye friends.. nothing more.. its quite sad hahaha.. but of course there are exceptions.. like maybe you can be close with 1 project group or something.

well all my JC friends say that uni to them is like an 'A' Levels every semester... so if you go in with that kind of mentality.. I guess you will be fine :D there isn't much time to relax when school starts... and obviously there will be times when you feel stupid hahaha cause you may think that you did okay... but when the results come out.. omg i'm dumb compared to the rest of the cohort :s13: choose your battles.. play wisely and win those ;) AKA the As hahaha. PS: nothing is fair in this world... there are ways to have an "advantage" over others... its only whether you are willing to make the effort to get it hahahah :D

Takimaru

Reaction score
And u did better as another keyboard warrior? Only narrow and shallow minded people like you will only see the words and failed to see the meaning and take it as just typing for the sake of typing. Perhaps the real keyboard warrior is you

What's the point to answer a question right to the point if the intention has been wrong in the first place ? Do you mean spoon-feeding to a wrong intention makes it right ? The much larger and even more burning question are to people like you with the wrong perception in education where you think getting a degree is all it matters, when what really make you useful is your skill and knowledge, but a piece of 120g paper.

That 120g piece of paper will not build country, it will not build planes, it will not build cars, it will not build your school, it will most certainly not nurture a scholar. It's the person with the knowledge that does and it comes from the love of doing so and wanting to do so. So "kid" you can also participate in "learning" how to "learn" from now on, because you seems "smart" but actually reveal yourself far from so, from the way you have presented yourself.

f3993d2af4ad64e83b08a857aa2ba220.jpg

Regarding your post..

1) If you look through my posts, they are all very short and sweet. No need to go through heaven and hell to amplify my points. Unless you are running for political office during Rally Day. Did somebody say better keyboard warrior? :s13:

2) Please don't corrupt the word "spoon-feeding" and associate it with guidance. If someone asked a seemingly stupid question to which I know answers can be easily found or googled, I direct them to the appropriate places or websites to find out themselves. Sarcastic comments like "this questions can also ask then no need go uni better" or "amazed that being TOP 2 in ranking asking this kind of questions" are really not appreciated in this community. If it's non-constructive or non-facilitating, keep it to yourself.

3) What I am truly amazed is that from my two sentences post, my personality can be so easily profiled. :eek:
So much that it warrant personal attacks with words like "narrow and shallow, seems smart but revealed to be not smart, kid"
oh my oh my, I must really start "learning how to learn" to hide my real personality from virtual reality. :D

IAmZTX

Reaction score
f3993d2af4ad64e83b08a857aa2ba220.jpg

Regarding your post..

1) If you look through my posts, they are all very short and sweet. No need to go through heaven and hell to amplify my points. Unless you are running for political office during Rally Day. Did somebody say better keyboard warrior? :s13:

2) Please don't corrupt the word "spoon-feeding" and associate it with guidance. If someone asked a seemingly stupid question to which I know answers can be easily found or googled, I direct them to the appropriate places or websites to find out themselves. Sarcastic comments like "this questions can also ask then no need go uni better" or "amazed that being TOP 2 in ranking asking this kind of questions" are really not appreciated in this community. If it's non-constructive or non-facilitating, keep it to yourself.

3) What I am truly amazed is that from my two sentences post, my personality can be so easily profiled. :eek:
So much that it warrant personal attacks with words like "narrow and shallow, seems smart but revealed to be not smart, kid"
oh my oh my, I must really start "learning how to learn" to hide my real personality from virtual reality. :D

Before you start pointing your finger at someone. Look at you, how much have you contribute to the community here. Do you govern the forum rules here? If not please provide better answers to the questions here. I like to see what is the best suggestion you can give to anyone here. Speaking about keyboard warrior, aren't you using your keyboard to type? Your definition of keyboard warrior is truly impressive. If you want to pick up a fight online, at least RESEARCH about definition of those terms you mentioned. Now we truly knows who is the "keyboard warrior" who is trying to pick up a fight. Nice try kid.

A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.

Oh wait, arent we talking about constructive comments here. Why is that your comments seems to be an "appreciating comments" to me. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.