NTU QET

DouBleB

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you all prepare for this test? any tips? seems like the format different from nus... Is it easy?

gohweihan

Reaction score
QET is required for all poly graduates,all international students and those who did badly for GP in A's if i never remember wrong

Not all international students need to sit for QET, though during my time, they didnt exempt me from QET although now they do for my type of English qualification.

irritape

Reaction score
QET is required for all poly graduates,all international students and those who did badly for GP in A's if i never remember wrong

not all poly graduates...

A) Students are exempted from the QET if they present any of the following:

English Language of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'O' Level Examination (for Polytechnic graduates only): A1, A2, B3, B4

ntu.edu.sg/Services/Academic/undergraduates/Matriculation/Pages/CriteriaforQET.aspx

kcxdes

Reaction score
not all poly graduates...

A) Students are exempted from the QET if they present any of the following:

English Language of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'O' Level Examination (for Polytechnic graduates only): A1, A2, B3, B4

ntu.edu.sg/Services/Academic/undergraduates/Matriculation/Pages/CriteriaforQET.aspx

Change le ah, my time all needed leh

kcxdes

Reaction score
Not all international students need to sit for QET, though during my time, they didnt exempt me from QET although now they do for my type of English qualification.

Seems like they have lower the english requirement compared to the past.

velasco

Reaction score
i have to sit for this test as well. What happens in the event that we fail this test? Kicked out of the uni?

kcxdes

Reaction score
i have to sit for this test as well. What happens in the event that we fail this test? Kicked out of the uni?

You will be required to take an extra english module that is worth 0 AUs and be required to pass that module to graduate

gohweihan

Reaction score
Seems like they have lower the english requirement compared to the past.

Not sure about other qualifications, but I believe the qualification I had (MUET) at that time was quite comparable to IELTS (at least at the higher score ranges). Therefore I felt it was good that they finally exempted students who are within the top Band (6) for MUET.

Note that during my time, for the entire batch of students taking MUET (~65000), only around 80 achieved Band 6.

PaulKami

Reaction score
Well, as long as one's grammar and vocabulary is correctly used, it doesn't matter what you write inside...

Well, at least that's how I go through, considering how bad my english is :(

edmund2008

Reaction score
qet is smth like to write an argumentative essay of about 300+ words?

and it's quite simple la.. correct logic.. grammer.. etc will do..

expert128sg

Reaction score

Actually I not sure about that. I did very poorly for my Os in English. Yet when I enter NTU, I do not have to take it (as they did not request for me to take it). Anyone knows the reason why?

200sheets

Reaction score
Actually I not sure about that. I did very poorly for my Os in English. Yet when I enter NTU, I do not have to take it (as they did not request for me to take it). Anyone knows the reason why?

Humm, I think your situation is the same as me. I am a poly grad and my 'O' lvl english cmi. I thought I will sure kana the QET test but, was surprise that I nvr kana.

However, I did go for an interview prior to getting my place in NTU. I did come up with 2 theories though.

1) Exempted cause you have went for an interview with the respective faculty and they took that as a basis to determine if you need to do a QET
2) Exempted cause you are accepted into a course that requires you to have a good command of english.

They could have used a program to run through all the successful applicants with a set of predetermine algorithm to decide if you need QET.

Letsgeta

Reaction score
HW0001

Hi Guys, anyone knows about HW0001 module? Like how is it conducted, is it exam base and if it's a yes then what's the structure of the exam? Most importantly, is it easy to clear this module. Need your inputs, thanks ��( Reason I'm asking, I'll be taking the QET soon and my power grammar and vocabulary isn't that good, and so I'm looking at the worst case scenario that I can't clear the QET and have to take the HW0001 module)

Last edited:

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
I did poorly for my English during O level.
They will ask you to sit for an 1 hour paper to write essay.
Managed to pass it 10 years ago.

o.o123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, anyone knows about HW0001 module? Like how is it conducted, is it exam base and if it's a yes then what's the structure of the exam? Most importantly, is it easy to clear this module. Need your inputs, thanks ******************( Reason I'm asking, I'll be taking the QET soon and my power grammar and vocabulary isn't that good, and so I'm looking at the worst case scenario that I can't clear the QET and have to take the HW0001 module)

Just Google short essay format structure, keep it short and concise, take note of the word limit as well. I passed it 2 years ago and it’s the easiest test in ntu LOL

If u really fail the QET, hw0001 requires u to only attend classes to pass.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.