NTUC FairPrice has been “ripping off consumers for decades”, says blogger Phillip Ang

hotamp

Master Member
Reaction score
actually you need to compare prices, certain products are cheaper at ntuc and certain at giant etc. Ppl are lazy just want to find one shop to do all their groceries.

sometimes those HDB shops their shampoo batteries etc are parallel import not license to be sold outside XXX, i doubt they can cater to mass mkt like giant/ntuc at those prices. :unsure:

Last edited:

the_dog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another idiot sia suay, NTUC objective is not to be the absolute cheapest, otherwise other supermarkets can close down already. their objective is to be a price benchmark so consumers always have a choice and benchmark to decide.

originally their objective was to stabilize prices. ie, they sell at $1, so other people cannot suka-suka sell at $2. obviously people will buy from the cheapest place, so other merchants also have to adjust prices down to be same or close to NTUC.
but now it seems to be the reverse, other merchants can beat NTUC prices, and yet their prices are not coming down. They are just relying on their long time branding as being the "fairest" prices

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i heard, but can't be certain
that NTUC has non local employees - ang moh(s)
am not referring to rank and file type at the outets
but manager level hirees at their HQ

if true, i wonder why
PAP made a clear point they are Singapore Core 🙄

Who cares about cultivating Singaporeans to higher level...

BlackWing1977

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually you need to compare prices, certain products are cheaper at ntuc and certain at giant etc. Ppl are lazy just want to find one shop to do all their groceries.

sometimes those HDB shops their shampoo batteries etc are parallel import not license to be sold outside XXX, i doubt they can cater to mass mkt like giant/ntuc at those prices. :unsure:
Not really a choice when you need to have the volume to hit the minimum qualified for free delivery.

focus1974

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another idiot sia suay, NTUC objective is not to be the absolute cheapest, otherwise other supermarkets can close down already. their objective is to be a price benchmark so consumers always have a choice and benchmark to decide.
no wonder I go Giant hypermart ..always like can buy many more things with $100

hotamp

Master Member
Reaction score
Not really a choice when you need to have the volume to hit the minimum qualified for free delivery.
well, you cant have the cake and eat it too, there is an opportunity cost in everything.

espenlind

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fair my LJ price. They are masters of the universe in ripping off Sinkies.

lampano

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow so many ntuc supporrters here....IB hard at work

gn2807

Reaction score
Eh! Don't like tat leh! NCM lost his job, need this to supplement his salary leh. :ROFLMAO:

Sultana

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NTUC has lousy quality of fruits & vegetables.
Can't meet sweetness standard, fruits r small. Expensive nvr mind but no standard. Like give rejects. Giant, Cold storage or even Amazon hv better fruits & veg standard. Oso miss Carrefour. Those mum & pop shop has better fruits & vegetables. Not even can be considered Fair Price

ToughLuck

Reaction score
this seeh gian png, how much is he drawing ah? what about ng cm, who is paying his salary?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.