Nvidia Shield TV discussion II [consolidated]

shachok86

Reaction score
Hi guys have 2 questions hope you all can help.

1) can viu app be installed on nvidia shield tv? Heard that some mobile phone apps dont work on shield tv? And I think viu app is mobile version in the android playstore.

2) Which nvidia shield tv is the latest one? Read that the newest version seems to be 2017 with an nvidia shield pro being the latest. Saw lazada ppl selling 2019 version which seems like the 2017 version

Viu app can install but hard to navigate as app not design for tv box usage.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jialat sia....my remote controller gone missing....then the game controller a bit haywire... keep moving left or up by itself...
use android tv remote app that is made by Google on the playstore lor

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

alwaysbehind

Reaction score
finally received it and love it. :)

can buy another controller to play 2 players? if yes, can wireless as well or wired in order for the machine to easy differentiate.

alwaysbehind

Reaction score
why cannot auto play sub? got setting in the media player can set to auto burn sub. ur plex server got setup for subtitles or not?

yes, set to auto burn, i can still select from CC tab. can also select at intro page b4 playback. but just not auto.

headwax

Reaction score
Hi, anyone who bought Nvidia Shield TV from EVTECH (Qoo10) and has warranty issues?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys have 2 questions hope you all can help.

1) can viu app be installed on nvidia shield tv? Heard that some mobile phone apps dont work on shield tv? And I think viu app is mobile version in the android playstore.

2) Which nvidia shield tv is the latest one? Read that the newest version seems to be 2017 with an nvidia shield pro being the latest. Saw lazada ppl selling 2019 version which seems like the 2017 version

it is better and easier to run viu on phone then chromecast to shield.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.