Nvidia's RTX 2070 and 2080 Sales Disappoint, Gaming Revenue Down 45%

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry bro sorry guys, I was too busy, saw the new card when I’m updating drivers yesterday :) thanks for info!
Wah lau eh, you'd gotten a high end card like the RTX2080 and yet don't know where it stands in the nVidia GPU hierarchy? Serious anot? :s22:

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will not be upgrading to any of Nvidia new products for at least the next few years if their products are priced atrociously high like what they are doing to their RTX line.

Even worse, their RTX line of products are defective at launch. Faulty or inferior VRAMS, artifacts at stock settings and so many other problems posting online.

Ridiculous.

freakerknoid

Reaction score
Recently my evga 1080 up lorry. So went ahead & bought the 2080ti. Now waiting for waterblock. Just worry the card is going to die on me. I have to drain the loop again.Buying the rtx card is like gambling

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will not be upgrading to any of Nvidia new products for at least the next few years if their products are priced atrociously high like what they are doing to their RTX line.

Even worse, their RTX line of products are defective at launch. Faulty or inferior VRAMS, artifacts at stock settings and so many other problems posting online.

Ridiculous.
I'm holding on to my GTX1080 as well, great value at the price I'd gotten it, solid performer. I had the RTX2080 Ti, but sold it off due to my lack of faith in DLSS and RT. Also felt like a guinea pig beta testing the card and its much touted tech.

Anyone who has a GTX1070 to the GTX1080 Ti level card should just stick with their cards for the next few years as these are solid performers.

ProofOfSai

Reaction score
Not surprise if jensen will throw in 1770ti or 1880ti down the road to retain their GpU market share :s22:

sobriety

Reaction score
It is all right to pay for the rtx even though it is not cheap, just like Singapore you have no choice. But the problem is I am reading so many failures across the rtx card. Once you see artefacts, you are gone!

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
A lot of other cards beside RTX, see artifact also most likely gone too.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only in this case, it seems like a widespread problem with the Turing series.
Well, with Turing, it's is like rolling the dice, sometimes you luck out.:D The RTX2080 Ti that I had was running like a champ, I'm pretty confident that it's still doing well with its new owner, told the guy if card kee chiang, I can help him with RMA. So far, no word from him so the card is okay. As for the GTX Pascal series, solid range with less issues than the Turing. Hell, I'm an AMD fanboy but I so damn like my GTX1080.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ridiculous.

that we won't know...i hope gpu market won't end up like the mobile phone's.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that we won't know...i hope gpu market won't end up like the mobile phone's.

The GPU market only has two big players. There are multiple manufacturers of Android phones. Not the same thing at all unless you are an Apple fanboy.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The GPU market only has two big players. There are multiple manufacturers of Android phones. Not the same thing at all unless you are an Apple fanboy.

isn't that worse? with only 2 players, both can collude easier to have sky high prices...

look at the apple, huawei, samsung, when 1 tried 1k usd...the rest followed instead of trying to gain additional market share by lowering prices..and xiaomi 5g wanna priced at 599 euros...wth...

Last edited:

ProofOfSai

Reaction score
isn't that worse? with only 2 players, both can collude easier to have sky high prices...

look at the apple, huawei, samsung, when 1 tried 1k usd...the rest followed instead of trying to gain additional market share by lowering prices..

Don’t buy/ Sapport if overpriced, See nbidia :s22: song bo?

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

look at the apple, huawei, samsung, when 1 tried 1k usd...the rest followed instead of trying to gain additional market share by lowering prices..and xiaomi 5g wanna priced at 599 euros...wth...

They're following the same trend alright... now they're coming up with 2k+ phones, lol :s22:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My point precisely. The mobile market is better because there is more competition.

As for the thousand dollar phones, you can buy those if you want to. You can also choose to buy perfectly capable phones like the Nova 3i or Redmi at a more reasonable price.

narkizy

Reaction score
i sold my 1080ti and bought rtx 2060 haha...in a way supported them, damn...

Bro.... why on earth would you do that.... 1080ti is so much more powerful than a 2060 sia. 2060 doesnt even have RayTracing so you downgraded for nothing.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.