OCBC f***ing evil bank

SimilanJ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Background: due to recent issues, i tried to check how to permanently disabled PayNow/PayLah and also permanently disabled the activation of OneToken.

Result - no way.

Then, to safeguard my risk, i deleted all unnecessarily payee. Result - OK.
Then, to limit my damage, i lower most of transaction limits and also try to disable Oversea TT and MEPS which i don't really need.

However, at this moment, OCBC not sending sms OTP, but asking me to key in the hardward OTP, which battery flat for few years...

Then i tried to search for option for a replacement, all link divert me to activate OneToken with all the benefits listed.
Eventually, i found the Hardware token replacement, but following message followed...

A S$20 fee is charged if a lost or damaged token must be replaced. Please send us a secured email via Digital Banking and include the following details:

• Why the token needs replacing (e.g. run out of battery, damaged or lost)
  • Where we should mail the token to (if you have more than one mailing address in our records)

Thank you OCBC for protecting the scammers. If we want more secure services, we will need to pay $20 for the hardware token, which could be overwrite by the OneToken by scammers... WHY??????

Southern Lights

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Background: due to recent issues, i tried to check how to permanently disabled PayNow/PayLah and also permanently disabled the activation of OneToken.

Result - no way.

Then, to limit my damage, i lower most of transaction limits and also try to disable Oversea TT and MEPS which i don't really need.

However, at this moment, OCBC not sending sms OTP, but asking me to key in the hardward OTP, which battery flat for few years...

Then i tried to search for option for a replacement, all link divert me to activate OneToken with all the benefits listed.
Eventually, i found the Hardware token replacement, but following message followed...

A S$20 fee is charged if a lost or damaged token must be replaced. Please send us a secured email via Digital Banking and include the following details:

• Where we should mail the token to (if you have more than one mailing address in our records)

Thank you OCBC for protecting the scammers. If we want more secure services, we will need to pay $20 for the hardware token, which could be overwrite by the OneToken by scammers... WHY??????
You are not alone. We are closing our account with this shyt and idiotic bank.

Sai Jai Lalit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Result - no way.

WOT

Simple solution is to just go to your nearest OCBC branch and close your account
Some neighbourhood malls even have Sunday banking, OCBC makes it very convenient for those busy folks

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Result - no way.

onetoken phased out liao?

DragonFire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Result - no way.

I've never been charged for the replacement of a flat battery token btw.

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why TS still wants to be their customer?
Just cut the relationship and move your business to somewhere else.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you never use your account for few years till now means it's not important to you. Why get so work out?

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
please close your OCBC account and migrate to delhi bank of singapore

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.