OCBC f***ing evil bank

stars8

Master Member
Reaction score
just close the acc and shift ur funds elsewhere, i did that many years back

AlmightyOnes

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays is 1 u are very alert/careful/smart type so can safely use all this banks.
2. Keep in milo tin or most of your $ in it, & partial in bank.
3. Don't set simi online banking, just ATM or old school way of it.

Lchlch

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Left ocbc as their refused to waive off annual fee for cards. Shifted everything to uob. Now may shift to dbs if not for the fact i need uob atm, no q.
Why they dont want to waive?
i have no issue waiving from dbs.
why this ocbc so special?

Lchlch

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays is 1 u are very alert/careful/smart type so can safely use all this banks.
2. Keep in milo tin or most of your $ in it, & partial in bank.
3. Don't set simi online banking, just ATM or old school way of it.
Agreed.
money better put in FD.
so scammer cant withdraw online.
keep a few thousand saving account will do.
the rest, all in FD.
save and dry.

coern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneToken is very secure.

Problem is the user is not secure. Lol.

Background: due to recent issues, i tried to check how to permanently disabled PayNow/PayLah and also permanently disabled the activation of OneToken.

Result - no way.

Then, to safeguard my risk, i deleted all unnecessarily payee. Result - OK.
Then, to limit my damage, i lower most of transaction limits and also try to disable Oversea TT and MEPS which i don't really need.

However, at this moment, OCBC not sending sms OTP, but asking me to key in the hardward OTP, which battery flat for few years...

Then i tried to search for option for a replacement, all link divert me to activate OneToken with all the benefits listed.
Eventually, i found the Hardware token replacement, but following message followed...

A S$20 fee is charged if a lost or damaged token must be replaced. Please send us a secured email via Digital Banking and include the following details:

• Why the token needs replacing (e.g. run out of battery, damaged or lost)
  • Where we should mail the token to (if you have more than one mailing address in our records)

Thank you OCBC for protecting the scammers. If we want more secure services, we will need to pay $20 for the hardware token, which could be overwrite by the OneToken by scammers... WHY??????

noname2016

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since when bank is not evil?

@OCBC Bank this person using this account keep very quiet during the whole scam saga. Really take salary, shake leg and do nothing. Trivial matter like atm machine ocbc then reaction very fast.
To be fair this account is prob some xdd /xmm customer service manning it. Don’t think he also can reply on how the scam happen and the details. Scold him / her also no use.

hotamp

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiya just put all your money into a bank account with low tech features, like cimb. then that low tech bank account only got payee to your other "risky" bank accounts. every tiime need money must transfer over from the low tech bank account lor
The banks can put up all the safe guards, then becomes very 麻烦 to do transactions , then customers will kpkb again....back to square 1 :s13:

Śūnyatā

Master Member
Reaction score
Background: due to recent issues, i tried to check how to permanently disabled PayNow/PayLah and also permanently disabled the activation of OneToken.

Result - no way.

Then, to safeguard my risk, i deleted all unnecessarily payee. Result - OK.
Then, to limit my damage, i lower most of transaction limits and also try to disable Oversea TT and MEPS which i don't really need.

However, at this moment, OCBC not sending sms OTP, but asking me to key in the hardward OTP, which battery flat for few years...

Then i tried to search for option for a replacement, all link divert me to activate OneToken with all the benefits listed.
Eventually, i found the Hardware token replacement, but following message followed...

A S$20 fee is charged if a lost or damaged token must be replaced. Please send us a secured email via Digital Banking and include the following details:

• Why the token needs replacing (e.g. run out of battery, damaged or lost)
  • Where we should mail the token to (if you have more than one mailing address in our records)

Thank you OCBC for protecting the scammers. If we want more secure services, we will need to pay $20 for the hardware token, which could be overwrite by the OneToken by scammers... WHY??????

Perhaps voting with your feet and shifting your funds to another bank that supports the security features that you need would be the best option.

Ironside

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One way is to change the limit to like $500 for one day total transaction. The conman see Liao also he sian and go away and find next victim.

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ocbc token is called onetoken ah? :s11:
Battery replacement for low battery no need pay usually, right? They always put lost or you damaged your own token then pay

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.