OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW
Reaction score
Hi OCBC, I am buying online from ISHOPCHANGI.com that is also provided by Sprint Cass, will I then be awarded 10X? This is a mirrorless camera that i will be buying which will cost 4k plus other lens. I need to be sure that I will earn the points before use OCBC.

Also, i recently purchased a Blackberry Keyone on Shoppee, will i be warded the 10x poiints?

Thank you.

Hi Philologus,

Do allow us to clarify that 10X OCBC$ is awarded if merchants and the respective card associations, classify themselves under one of the 10X OCBC$ eligible categories.

A purchase on Shoppee should award 10 X OCBC. If it’s not done so, please PM us.

ISHOPCHANGI appears to be a Duty-Free shop which classification does not fall under 10X OCBC$. If it is indeed so, a purchase there would not award 10X OCBC$.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
Hi OCBC can I check if Joe’s tailor shop will be having 10x as well? How about LV in Italy? I bought a handbag last year Dec and CSO told me it is classified luggage shop hence not entitled. Please clarify

Wow LV is classified as luggage shop :s11: How about LV Singapore?

Hi both,

We are checking on this, and will get back to you at the soonest.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Reaction score

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
Buying clothes on q10, does it fall under the 10x rewards category?

Hi Trent_83,

Yes, it will be eligible for 10X OCBC$.
If you did not receive the additional OCBC$, please call our hotline at 1800 363 3333.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question on transferring the miles from my OCBC Titanium Rewards to my Krisflyer account. Do I have to sign up for any form of mileage enrollment programme? For HSBC, I had to do a mileage enrollment programme which took days and $$ before I can transfer r to my krisflyer.

Details: https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Con...gapore/personal/cards/rewards/pdf/mileage.pdf

Hi AphoticFX,

To convert your OCBC$ to KrisFlyer miles, you may log in to internet banking and provide us with your KrisFlyer membership information within the KrisFlyer miles Redemption Registration tab. Thereafter, sign in at OCBC Rewards page to redeem your OCBC$ for KrisFlyer miles.

^DG

sgbanking

Reaction score
Hi there,

Robinsons is under the eligible MCC for 10X OCBC$.

^DG

hi ocbc team,

my fashion related transactions in changi airport might not be awarded with the additional 9x bonus points, have also dropped a secured message through ibanking, would you know MCC for below merchants?

KATE SPADE NEW YORK-T3
MICHAEL KORS T2 SINGAPORE

Philologus

Reaction score
Hi Philologus,

Do allow us to clarify that 10X OCBC$ is awarded if merchants and the respective card associations, classify themselves under one of the 10X OCBC$ eligible categories.

A purchase on Shoppee should award 10 X OCBC. If it’s not done so, please PM us.

ISHOPCHANGI appears to be a Duty-Free shop which classification does not fall under 10X OCBC$. If it is indeed so, a purchase there would not award 10X OCBC$.

^WX

How about Sony store?

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
hi ocbc team,

my fashion related transactions in changi airport might not be awarded with the additional 9x bonus points, have also dropped a secured message through ibanking, would you know MCC for below merchants?

KATE SPADE NEW YORK-T3
MICHAEL KORS T2 SINGAPORE

Hi sgbanking,

We are not privy to the merchant's MCCs.

However, as the transaction has been made, our executives will be able to look into your account to advise on whether they were/will be awarded 10X OCBC$.

Do give us some time while our executives reply to your message.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
How about Sony store?

Hi Philologus,

We will award Sony purchases with 10X OCBC$. If however you have made the spend, but was not awarded, do PM us and we'll be glad to assist.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
Wow LV is classified as luggage shop :s11: How about LV Singapore?

Hi OCBC can I check if Joe’s tailor shop will be having 10x as well? How about LV in Italy? I bought a handbag last year Dec and CSO told me it is classified luggage shop hence not entitled. Please clarify

Hi both,

We are checking on this, and will get back to you at the soonest.

^DG

Hi angmokiogirl and AMD_FREAK,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

As you may be by now aware, MCCs are determined by merchants and payment card organizations, which OCBC has no discretion over. Merchants are also able to update/amend their MCCs with the card organizations according to their discretion.

In order for transactions to enjoy 10X OCBC$, their Merchant Category Codes (MCC) have to fall under those that are listed in our terms and condition. If merchants classify them otherwise, such transactions would not give 10X OCBC$

It might be that in 2016, LV’s classification was under a category that did not belong to the 10X OCBC$ ones.

That said, we are giving 10X OCBC$ for current LV purchases. Should you have made a recent LV purchase, do let us know and we’ll be glad to look into this.

For your query on Joe’s Tailoring Singapore, it should not be awarded 10X OCBC$ as it should be under a separate MCC for tailor/alteration services.

Hope this clarifies.

^WX

ditchdog

Reaction score
Hi ocbc. Applied for a credit card and was informed by sms to submit more documents. Already did so and it's been more than a week without an update so far. Could help check please? I've dropped you a message.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That said, we are giving 10X OCBC$ for current LV purchases. Should you have made a recent LV purchase, do let us know and we’ll be glad to look into this.
^WX

Is this just for LV Singapore or for global LV stores i.e France, Germany?

When is this arrangement until?

angmokiogal

Reaction score
Hi angmokiogirl and AMD_FREAK,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

As you may be by now aware, MCCs are determined by merchants and payment card organizations, which OCBC has no discretion over. Merchants are also able to update/amend their MCCs with the card organizations according to their discretion.

In order for transactions to enjoy 10X OCBC$, their Merchant Category Codes (MCC) have to fall under those that are listed in our terms and condition. If merchants classify them otherwise, such transactions would not give 10X OCBC$

It might be that in 2016, LV’s classification was under a category that did not belong to the 10X OCBC$ ones.

For your query on Joe’s Tailoring Singapore, it should not be awarded 10X OCBC$ as it should be under a separate MCC for tailor/alteration services.

Hope this clarifies.

^WX
Thanks OCBC. It is a struggle to accept that LV in Singapore is eligible for 10x whilst the overseas branch is not. Given it is the same group, I thought it is more intuitive to reward the customer in a consistent manner. The MCC code isn’t something we can check ahead of purchases unfortunately.. It may also vary from one city to another depending on the registration of the corporation.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi ocbc. Applied for a credit card and was informed by sms to submit more documents. Already did so and it's been more than a week without an update so far. Could help check please? I've dropped you a message.

You are not alone. I applied for the card on Dec 10th. Next day dropped printed docs at OCBC Centre and put my signature to the application form.

A week later getting SMS with the request to upload documents. Did it again.

Today I am getting another SMS asking to upload documents. This is third times!

OCBC - are you trolling your customers or this is how your employees process application forms?

BTW, do you guys outsource application processing in one subcontinent?

Last edited:

Trent_83

Reaction score
Hi, are Watson's and guardian under the personal care category?

What are examples of merchants under this category?

OCBC Bank

Reaction score

Hi ditchdog,

We are sorry for the delay.

Have you spoken with us at 1800 363 3333 for us to look into this?

If not, please PM us your contact number and we'll make arrangements to call.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
You are not alone. I applied for the card on Dec 10th. Next day dropped printed docs at OCBC Centre and put my signature to the application form.

A week later getting SMS with the request to upload documents. Did it again.

Today I am getting another SMS asking to upload documents. This is third times!

OCBC - are you trolling your customers or this is how your employees process application forms?

BTW, do you guys outsource application processing in one subcontinent?

Hi,

We are sorry for the delay.

If you require, do PM us with your contact number so that we may look into this.

Alternatively, you may call us at 1800 363 3333 for us to assist further.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Reaction score
Is this just for LV Singapore or for global LV stores i.e France, Germany?

When is this arrangement until?

Hi ceecookie,

We will award 10X OCBC$ as long as it is at a LV boutique store selling merchandises under the relevant 10X categories, regardless of the country.

If it is not awarded, do call us at 1800 363 3333 or drop us a PM for us to look into this.

^WX

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.