Official Apple Stock Discussion Thread (NASDAQ: AAPL)

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score

Sorry i know the Academy award is over but i saw no1 sharing this @ all​

really have to share Apple+ Wins due to CODA, tim Cook is so proud of it , not every production is purely for commercial reasons , they stand firm by it​

three Oscar WINS *using an incredible crew and actors of mute or deaf for CODA were Apple+ first ever as it comes a long way in the movie business. The success arrives as the company prioritizes prestige over profits, at least according to CEO Tim Cook. "We don’t make purely financial decisions about the content [on Apple TV+]. We try to find great content that has a reason for being," he told analysts on a Jan. 27 earnings call.
The stock might take that into consideration, with AAPL shares falling 1.7% premarket (that monday US morning) despite the achievement. Apple is also estimated to have spent more than $10M on the Oscars campaign for CODA, which is more than the film's sub-$10M production budget.

Why is apple+ (AAPL) amazing??! cos they put this Movie on nearly EVERY ctry!

nt just cos they broke a Hollywood barrier over the weekend at the 94th Academy Awards. An original drama it made for Apple TV+, CODA, became the first streaming-originated Best Picture winner ever. That trumped its bigger-membership streaming rival, Netflix (NFLX), which had led all studios in Oscar nominations for the third straight year - and whose The Power of the Dog was considered a favorite for the top prize. CODA won three awards in all, taking all of the categories for which it was nominated (including Best Supporting Actor and Best Adapted Screenplay).

make a smart guess is Apple still in the 100 influential co.?

https://www.moomoo.com/community/feed/108055558946821?lang_code=2
But did i miss seeing tesla?!!! Teladoc and palantir n many more not in the list:
https://time.com/collection/time100-companies-2022/

Last edited:

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
no1 Apple here?

Even Elon felt apple Cars is their Strongest direct competitor
w metaverse opening too

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no1 Apple here?
I am a new fan! :D

Apple is my 2nd biggest tech position.

Tech%20Portfolio.png

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
I am a new fan! :D
glad that u joined! I m so proud of u! but u picked White?!?!?
Not many willing, only 1 colleague willing to convert over after my persuasion
What makes u buy it after so many yrs?

nearly most colleagues around me r Android-lovers (they are senior mgt , pay higher than me)

but friends and religion pals r MOSTLY Macbook! I felt weird cos since my first smart phone, they r all of the same brand ! and the same phone no. (never change before)

i just realised you have so many FOod videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last week when Apple launch iPhone and watch, the market corrected. Ppl say game over for Apple. Yesterday I tried to buy Apple Watch u2. Knn! Cannot even get onsite due to long queue. Haha
i am not sure if long queue exp of 1 is correlated or even casual leh

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am not sure if long queue exp of 1 is correlated or even casual leh
Agree. Yesterday first time raining so heavily in Orchard. I think these ppl never see raining for so long hence queue outside enjoy the cool rainfall. Possibly HardwareZone forum bros queuing outside to see how Apple fail

or some xiaokia tik tok user. I saw many take video and photos

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree. Yesterday first time raining so heavily in Orchard. I think these ppl never see raining for so long hence queue outside enjoy the cool rainfall. Possibly HardwareZone forum bros queuing outside to see how Apple fail
huh why need to queue outside to see apple fail. just walk pass also can ma

DevilPlate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last week when Apple launch iPhone and watch, the market corrected. Ppl say game over for Apple. Yesterday I tried to buy Apple Watch u2. Knn! Cannot even get onsite due to long queue. Haha
Sometimes its js marketing gimmick lah

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes its js marketing gimmick lah
Aapl is gonna stay for a while. If some schools can make it mandatory only apple devices is allowed for classroom learning you got business year after year until the school IT discontinued and switch brand.

stanlawj

Master Member
Reaction score
TSMC new process N3B (3nm) for Iphone 15 Pro Max is a bust.

Not better than 5nm. I'm sure Apple engineers had to dial down the new SoC.

So, Iphone 15 pro max is basically Iphone 14S Pro Max.

Time for Intel to step up and challenge TSMC when they receive their newest high-NA EUV ASML machines in Q4 2023.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Apple pulls plug on electric car project after decade-long effort​

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...electric-car-project-after-decade-long-effort

LOS ANGELES – Apple is cancelling a decade-long effort to build an electric car, according to people with knowledge of the matter, abandoning one of the most ambitious projects in the history of the company.

It made the disclosure internally on Feb 27, surprising the nearly 2,000 employees working on the project, said the people. The decision was shared by chief operating officer Jeff Williams and Mr Kevin Lynch, a vice-president in charge of the effort.

The two told staff that the project will begin winding down and that many employees in the car team – known as the Special Projects Group, or SPG – will be shifted to the artificial intelligence (AI) division under executive John Giannandrea. They will focus on generative AI projects, an increasingly key priority for the company.

The car team also has several hundred hardware engineers and vehicle designers. It is possible they will be able to apply for jobs in other Apple teams. There will be layoffs but the number is unclear.

The move came as a relief to investors, who sent Apple shares climbing on Feb 27 after Bloomberg reported the news. The stock was up about 1 per cent at US$182.63 by the close in New York.

Mr Elon Musk, head of Tesla, also celebrated the move. He shared a post on the X social media site with a saluting emoji and a cigarette.

The decision to ultimately wind down the project is a bombshell for the company, ending a multi-billion-dollar effort called Project Titan that would have vaulted Apple into a whole new industry.

The tech giant started working on a car around 2014, setting its sights on a fully autonomous electric vehicle (EV) with a limousine-like interior and voice-guided navigation. But the project struggled nearly from the start, with Apple changing the team’s leadership and strategy several times.

Beyond the look of the vehicle, cracking self-driving technology was a major challenge. Apple had road-tested its system since 2017 using a Lexus sport utility vehicle exterior, putting dozens of vehicles on roads in the US. It also tested more secretive components on a gigantic track in Phoenix, Arizona, that was once owned by Chrysler.

In the end, Apple was facing a cooling market for EVs. Sales growth lost steam in recent months after high prices and a lack of charging infrastructure discouraged mainstream buyers from shifting to all-electric vehicles.

General Motors and Ford are pivoting to producing more hybrid vehicles after confronting lacklustre EV demand and manufacturing bottlenecks. Automakers across the industry are slashing battery-electric car prices, production targets and profit forecasts.

Even Tesla, the pioneer of the EV revolution in the US, has warned its rate of expansion will be “notably lower” in 2024. Domestic EV sales growth will decelerate to 11 per cent this year from an estimated 47 per cent growth rate in 2023, according to a forecast by UBS.

Apple has scrapped projects before, including a plan to make a TV set that was abandoned around 2015. But few endeavours have lasted this long, involved so many employees or racked up billions of dollars in expenses.

The company continues to invest heavily in other areas. It spent US$113 billion (S$152 billion) on total research and development over the past five years, with an average annual growth rate of about 16 per cent. It recently launched the Vision Pro headset – its first new product category in almost a decade – and has built up that business.

Ultimately, focusing on AI may be a better bet, Bloomberg Intelligence analysts Anurag Rana and Andrew Girard said in a note.

“Apple’s decision to abandon electric cars and shift resources towards generative AI is a good strategic move, we believe, given the long-term profitability potential of AI revenue streams versus cars.” BLOOMBERG

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.