*Official* Aspial 5.25% Retail Bond (SGX: BEYZ)

lcornwisky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've put my money in bank bonds before is rather trade options than to do that and a lot can be done in 5 years

pattanispirit

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the general sentiments is for it to list first then see.. If underwater then buy abit..

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just in :

"Mainboard-listed Aspial Corporation said on Thursday it has decided to re-allocate $25 million in bonds offered to the public to its placement to institutional and other investors. As a result, $50 million is now offered under the placement and $25 million to the public."

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/aspial-increases-bond-placement-tranche-to-50m-cuts-public-tranche-to-25m

high demand from institution ?

I highly doubt institutions will settle for 5.25%. They probably think the public tranche will be difficult to fill given the volatile market conditions.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt institutions will settle for 5.25%. They probably think the public tranche will be difficult to fill given the volatile market conditions.

I beg to differ, when the market is not doing well, institutions would choose bonds over stocks as it minimises their losses so they would definitely settle for fixed income instruments like bonds. Maybe the institution is already expecting a bear market ahead and that's why their interest increases resulting in the increase in institution tranche?

pattanispirit

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with now $25 mil available to public.

if $250k a pop, only 100 lot available.

no need to waste $ to advertise on newspaper, might as well all $75 mil to institution.

SCG8866T

Reaction score
with now $25 mil available to public.

if $250k a pop, only 100 lot available.

no need to waste $ to advertise on newspaper, might as well all $75 mil to institution.

They have the option to increase to 150mil total if demand for public is strong.

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At current market prices, the Group expects to make substantial profits from its development projects, both locally and in Australia, due to the healthy margins for most of these projects.
The Real Estate Business is expected to continue to contribute significantly to the Group’s revenue and profitability due to the following reasons:-
  • First, based on the units sold in its property projects as at the date of this announcement, the Group has locked in total revenue of about S$620 million which will be progressively recognised in accordance with the stage of construction.
  • Second, the Group has locked in more than A$1,050 million of sales revenue from the Australia 108 and Avant projects. The revenue will be recognised upon the completion of the projects.
  • Third, at current market prices, the potential sales revenue from the Group’s remaining local and overseas projects is estimated to be in excess of S$2 billion.
  • The Group expects positive cashflow from the TOP of local projects which includes Urban Vista, Kensington Square, The Hillford and Waterfront@Faber in the next 24 months.
from their Second Quarter Financial Statements
so confident oh :o

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree, large chunk probably going to PB HNW client segment rather than financial institutions.

teckgamer

Reaction score
Will be bidding small small for this
Hopefully can nibble some ~ my third retail bond huat ah!

JustTrade

Reaction score
They have a roadshow at raffles place. Those interested can go see see look look and hook up some chio bus.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.