[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should just ban all in-game trading except to party like they have now. And if anyone wants to trade gold or items, it should be strictly AH. No RMAH. All BoA items should strictly go through AH.

RMAH was just ridiculous anyway, their cap was 2b gold or $250. And these weren't even the top tier items. All the top tier items were going on d2jsp for 50b-300b gold and 1k-3k in Euros.

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
Yea, I didn't play POE at all but I know my friends like the trading, which is like D2, use SOJs to trade. But the system can still allow ppl to use real money to gear. It's just that POE is not as big as Diablo now, if it is, sure got alot more 3rd party trading websites and forums for real $$ trading.
There is actually a lot of 3rd party $$$ trading site for POE unfortunately. :s13: It's a problem every game with an economy is facing, right now GW2 also facing some terrible inflation.

They should just ban all in-game trading except to party like they have now. And if anyone wants to trade gold or items, it should be strictly AH. No RMAH.

RMAH was just ridiculous anyway, their cap was 2b gold or $250. And these weren't even the top tier items. All the top tier items were going on d2jsp for 50b gold and thousands in Euros.
I think the main issue was Blizzard didn't have a good enough gold sink to slow inflation.

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should just ban all in-game trading except to party like they have now. And if anyone wants to trade gold or items, it should be strictly AH. No RMAH. All BoA items should strictly go through AH.

RMAH was just ridiculous anyway, their cap was 2b gold or $250. And these weren't even the top tier items. All the top tier items were going on d2jsp for 50b gold and thousands in Euros.

it will just make difficult for people to sell their top tier items if you cap the AH to 2B gold. Therefore, it will diminished the usefulness of AH as a trading platform.

people will complain in the forum that 2B is not enough and wanted more and more until the whole max length was only cap by the technical difficulty.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think Bliz has given up on any gold sink
its not a problem anymore since there is no economy to speak of

the only one is mat which they are harmonising i do wish i can use my gold the get mat
farming for mat is sooooooooooooooooo tedious

jimlwk

Reaction score
I think the main issue was Blizzard didn't have a good enough gold sink to slow inflation.

I think they isolated the problem greatly to just having tons of gold now; maybe Boon of Hoarder might be OP? They prolly didn't expect increasing crafting cost on gold might not be enough for a gold sink.

Alas, I think the way it is now is fine; maybe there can be improvements which I can't see working effectively as of now. (Like spend gold for chance to upgrade item to ancient or buying bloodshard but these could be terrible ideas).

Having billions of gold now only means I can craft/reroll my other new toons easier which is nice.

Last edited:

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the New patch 2.3.0 said there is changes in the material required.. so i think we will see some balance.. 16arcane dust to reroll glove is crazy..

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it will just make difficult for people to sell their top tier items if you cap the AH to 2B gold. Therefore, it will diminished the usefulness of AH as a trading platform.

people will complain in the forum that 2B is not enough and wanted more and more until the whole max length was only cap by the technical difficulty.

Yes so they should increase the cap. But here is the other problem. If you've been farming with boon of the hoarder, you should have close to 20T in gold now. It would just encourage botting honestly.

Face it man, their trading system is broken beyond belief :s13:

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think Bliz has given up on any gold sink
its not a problem anymore since there is no economy to speak of

the only one is mat which they are harmonising i do wish i can use my gold the get mat
farming for mat is sooooooooooooooooo tedious

Problem isn't gold sink now. Problem is obtaining blue mats :s22:

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes so they should increase the cap. But here is the other problem. If you've been farming with boon of the hoarder, you should have close to 20T in gold now. It would just encourage botting honestly.

Face it man, their trading system is broken beyond belief :s13:

they still can do new trading system with platinum as the currency.. the platinum is earned by doing some daily guest.. they are experimenting the platinum currency in D3 china..

jimlwk

Reaction score
they still can do new trading system with platinum as the currency.. the platinum is earned by doing some daily guest.. they are experimenting the platinum currency in D3 china..

Hmm.. let's see.. idea is there as I work to farm Platinum but still I can buy platinum with real $$$ if it's tradable, unofficially.

Vulpix

Reaction score

China has a "fresh" economy, so it's easier to try it out with the new D3X style changes. If they introduce trading into the current version, it's going to explode.

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 stash tabs pls... zzzzzz. Now have to keep every piece of legs to salvage as passives...

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, playing season barb, heng nothing much to keep for waste barb. NS has almost evry class and sets... zzzz

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kanai's cube. Looks like it is a one time thing to transmute one of each item (weapon, armour, jewellery) into a talisman. May not be that flexible. I may be wrong.

zTnBBvY.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.