[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

dezzo69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
community buff ended. i think i can log in and play the ptr liao rofl

dezzo69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got to unlock a few legs abilities with the new feature. quite pleased that i can use my ancient soj and furnace bonuses on my barb when the patch goes live. =)

grinding for the mats to unlock is a PITA tou. zzzzz

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ranked #47 solo barb seasons 3 :)

Probably one month left so plenty of chance to go for 58-60

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They prefer PoE loh, saying it's more like D2 than D3 is. Got trading and every single item got value and infinite builds. With PoE, they wun play D3. They feel D3 launch is a big betrayal and disappointment and they didn't play DH but other classes during launch so they feel very underpowered especially at Inferno level.

Point mainly is they are still stuck in D2 gamestyle whereas Diablo franchise has moved on already to what it is now which isn't what they want.

I see them discuss like this item can sell how many orbs etc like quite bo liao lah cos I dunno what they aiming in the game also. In D3, got GR leaderboard to play as end game but they only focus on talking about how valuable an item is how they scam ppl or tio scammed. And in the grand scheme of things, PoE can be p2w so the items they have can prolly be outclassed easily by ppl willing to spend $$.

Even at times, they say they spend hours just look at Trade chat just to find cheap deals to whack. I dun see how this is playing the game though cos it's better to farm your own items and be proud of it.

Thing about d3 is that u are forced into one or two builds to be viable late game. U don't have a choice on how to gear your character despite what those idiots on the forum say about u not needing to go for efficiency and play the way it is. U can say that poe has cookie cutter builds but u are not forced into playing them and the difference between viable builds is not big.

jimlwk

Reaction score
Thing about d3 is that u are forced into one or two builds to be viable late game. U don't have a choice on how to gear your character despite what those idiots on the forum say about u not needing to go for efficiency and play the way it is. U can say that poe has cookie cutter builds but u are not forced into playing them and the difference between viable builds is not big.

Personally, I don't see a big problem with one or two builds per class. Note that the devs are introducing more sets to make more skills/builds viable with each patch.

I played ww barb this season, took me 200 hours to gear up for gr 55 and actually have quite a bit of fun gearing. Within each main build, there are also variants too. I do not use the same gear for gr 55 vs gr 40+ speed runs vs T6 farm.

Then there are other classes like UE & Nat DH, Tal Wiz, DS Monk, SB Sader which I believe have their own sub-variants depending on difficulties. Recently, I play coldplosion monk with friends and it's really fun to be their support as we can synergize really well to speed run low 40+.

Point is when I really finished gearing or playing a class (like my barb), it's almost end of season and I am looking forward to play another class (likely Tal Wiz) next season. Others might play other classes when completed a certain class set and completing say gr 50 but there are always something to play and gear towards to within a season window.

At the rate that Devs are introducing new sets, I doubt I can fully cover them too. Not a touch and go person as I rather play in-depth and be proud of my own gears rather than trade or upsell and let market forces determine if I get them.

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
D3 is focusing in farming gears which some people think it's repetitive and boring.

While POE is focusing in the journey of understanding their skills and items which some people think it's punishable and difficult (more homework)

jimlwk

Reaction score
D3 is focusing in farming gears which some people think it's repetitive and boring.

While POE is focusing in the journey of understanding their skills and items which some people think it's punishable and difficult (more homework)

Ya lah, not condemning PoE or what as it definitely has its own merits otherwise no one will play it. There are ppl who like one but not the other, there are those who like both and those who like none.

Different people, different poison. Am glad to be able make new friends who share similar passion and fun for the game, so there's pretty nice for now.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see a big problem with one or two builds per class. Note that the devs are introducing more sets to make more skills/builds viable with each patch.

I played ww barb this season, took me 200 hours to gear up for gr 55 and actually have quite a bit of fun gearing. Within each main build, there are also variants too. I do not use the same gear for gr 55 vs gr 40+ speed runs vs T6 farm.

Then there are other classes like UE & Nat DH, Tal Wiz, DS Monk, SB Sader which I believe have their own sub-variants depending on difficulties. Recently, I play coldplosion monk with friends and it's really fun to be their support as we can synergize really well to speed run low 40+.

Point is when I really finished gearing or playing a class (like my barb), it's almost end of season and I am looking forward to play another class (likely Tal Wiz) next season. Others might play other classes when completed a certain class set and completing say gr 50 but there are always something to play and gear towards to within a season window.

At the rate that Devs are introducing new sets, I doubt I can fully cover them too. Not a touch and go person as I rather play in-depth and be proud of my own gears rather than trade or upsell and let market forces determine if I get them.

Well u dont see this problem but most people who initially bought the game saw this. The promise of billions of builds with no cookie cutters initially now led to a game which everyone has the same equips.

If u talking about subvariants there isn't much late game because the late game sets forces u into certain skills. And those skills are not well balanced at all leading to some being more powerful than the rest. When u get elemental damage into the mix it further funnels your build diversity.

Look at the current situation in seasons now. Hardly anyone online because most had more or less got sick with the lack of diversity.

given

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

when is season 4 starting ah? any rough estimate/rumours/guesses?

jimlwk

Reaction score
Look at the current situation in seasons now. Hardly anyone online because most had more or less got sick with the lack of diversity.

I feel more lonely at the start of season rather than now. Like I've said, made new friends with similar interest and we group up every night to play.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel more lonely at the start of season rather than now. Like I've said, made new friends with similar interest and we group up every night to play.

My start of season was crazy. But 1-2 months into season dying off. We already got sick

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.