[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ownder if the new cube thingy can create legendary like the SMK. I think if can I will rather farm the mats than farm for it. Farm until wanna die drop ancient dagger of darts, 2 krider shots, furance and what not but the stupid SMK up till now still dont wanna drop :(

RNG lor, which is why D3 is getting stale
i been hunting for DOD for almost a year but still bo

i got 2 SMKs
lol

Darkorochix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think Blizzard is being lazy, but Diablo isn't generating them as much income as WoW or Hearthstone, even HOTS. Look at how often HOTS and Hearthstone gets balance updates.

Diablo 3 sales 30m copies.
Say 1/2 price 30$ also almost 1b.
HS monthly $20m.
Their model is different but diablo3 has definitely make lots of income for them.
It just Blizz has different vision nowadays.
Maybe becoz of Activi$ion too.
Just look at their WoW expansion.. So many subs but every expansions same thing.
+more level to grind
+more islands
+more dungeon and raid
Add in some special deal like new class

Vulpix

Reaction score
Diablo 3 sales 30m copies.
Say 1/2 price 30$ also almost 1b.
HS monthly $20m.
Their model is different but diablo3 has definitely make lots of income for them.
It just Blizz has different vision nowadays.
Maybe becoz of Activi$ion too.
Just look at their WoW expansion.. So many subs but every expansions same thing.
+more level to grind
+more islands
+more dungeon and raid
Add in some special deal like new class

D3 is a one time amount, while Hearthstone is going to make them even more. Don't forget Hearthstone also on mobile devices, ipads, etc. I am super confident Hearthstone is making them more money, and don't forget the amount of effort required to improve the game is way lesser than D3.

When you compare the amount of effort going into designing a new card, vs designing a new skill in D3, pretty sure it's obvious that Hearthstone is more profitable.

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi have 3 DoDs and 1 SMK, all not ancient. Farmed from the roughly 70 hours of WD played in S3.

HeiBiHiam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am playing HS actively, and i honestly think, HS may not have generated them as much income as d3 as of now, but the potential is way higher.

given that HS follows WoW lore, there's way too many expansions and raids that they can release. not to mention that HS is currently the first and most successful online TCG (imo). it's a breakthrough for this genre of games. old school TCG like MTG earns from sales of the booster packs and some cards are worth alot in real value (e.g. black lotus). however, since it uses real cards, it is very inconvenient to have a good match due to difference in locations. game meta also changes slowly because there's lesser amount of games played.

in addition, the computing and development behind a TCG will be way more easy than an ARPG, be it graphics, debugging, etc etc.

i believe the big bulk of income from d3 was actually the vanilla release (big big hype from the long wait since d2) coupled with the RMAH back then... ever since, they removed the RMAH (bad choice imo), they have lost the income to continually earn from the said developed game. it became a one-time ROI instead of a recurring ROI.

if we take into account the new age gaming community, players nowadays prefer to play something, for extended periods of time that requires a certain level of skill, instead of mindless walking/farming/shooting etc etc etc.

in time to come, HS will definitely catch up with blizz on income value imo...

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When does s4 starts ah?
Need to get to level 70 for tyrael mount for hots..

There is an easy way(imo) to implement PVP in d3.
Make it like Demon/Dark Souls.
Allow people to invade other people game(can be turn off by the host)
Invader will not aggro mob, while host have to face both invader and mobs.(if host has party then u have to fight all of them, maybe get bonus hp like mob)
Successfully invading get Evil points
Successfully defeat invader get Holy Points.
Points can exchange for cosmetic gear.

Just that current Blizz too lazy liao..
Too old fashion..

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When does Season 4 start?
A: Season 4 begins August 28 at 5 p.m. PDT in North America, 5 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5 p.m. KST in Asia.
Q: How long will Season 4 last?
A: While we don’t have a specific timeframe to share for Season 4, we anticipate that it will be at least three months long.
Q: When are the Leaderboards being wiped for Season 3?
A: Leaderboards will be cleared once the Season comes to a close. Though the leaderboards are eventually cleared, they will be preserved both in-game and here on our website if you wish to review your Season 3 accomplishments.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am playing HS actively, and i honestly think, HS may not have generated them as much income as d3 as of now, but the potential is way higher.

given that HS follows WoW lore, there's way too many expansions and raids that they can release. not to mention that HS is currently the first and most successful online TCG (imo). it's a breakthrough for this genre of games. old school TCG like MTG earns from sales of the booster packs and some cards are worth alot in real value (e.g. black lotus). however, since it uses real cards, it is very inconvenient to have a good match due to difference in locations. game meta also changes slowly because there's lesser amount of games played.

in addition, the computing and development behind a TCG will be way more easy than an ARPG, be it graphics, debugging, etc etc.

i believe the big bulk of income from d3 was actually the vanilla release (big big hype from the long wait since d2) coupled with the RMAH back then... ever since, they removed the RMAH (bad choice imo), they have lost the income to continually earn from the said developed game. it became a one-time ROI instead of a recurring ROI.

if we take into account the new age gaming community, players nowadays prefer to play something, for extended periods of time that requires a certain level of skill, instead of mindless walking/farming/shooting etc etc etc.

in time to come, HS will definitely catch up with blizz on income value imo...

Rmah is because of the tax office coming after them

Sent from sinkieland using GAGT

Vulpix

Reaction score
Cos ppl can just buy? Can have 3rd party programs or forums to facilitate which leads to more botting.

But the RMT is usually only applied to the minority of a market. People are botting in D3 right now even when there is no trading market. RMT exists even in the vacuum of D3, I see people selling their accounts of gg gear.

The people who pay money for gear is usually the minority of the market, and these people will always find a way, trading doesn't increase/decrease rmt.

jimlwk

Reaction score
But the RMT is usually only applied to the minority of a market. People are botting in D3 right now even when there is no trading market. RMT exists even in the vacuum of D3, I see people selling their accounts of gg gear.

The people who pay money for gear is usually the minority of the market, and these people will always find a way, trading doesn't increase/decrease rmt.

With the amount of ppl playing d3, no surprise the RMT will turn to majority of players. Think back when trading was active, so many gold spammer, websites, heck.. even fb also got rmt for d3..

Botting will be worse than it is now. Sell account then I nthg to say. But if trading is active now, all is take is one solid website to facilitate trading and boom.. p2w.

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
With the amount of ppl playing d3, no surprise the RMT will turn to majority of players. Think back when trading was active, so many gold spammer, websites, heck.. even fb also got rmt for d3..

Botting will be worse than it is now. Sell account then I nthg to say. But if trading is active now, all is take is one solid website to facilitate trading and boom.. p2w.

The same can be said for almost any game with a functioning economy though. That said, if you're not participating in the highest end of the economy for trading, I don't think you are really affected.

jimlwk

Reaction score
The same can be said for almost any game with a functioning economy though. That said, if you're not participating in the highest end of the economy for trading, I don't think you are really affected.

Sadly, I am leaderboard player so can't accept p2w players in leaderboard. Can't imagine my end game to be spamming trade chat and eyeing for gd deals to flip and stuff. tt's not playing imo.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Sadly, I am leaderboard player so can't accept p2w players in leaderboard. Can't imagine my end game to be spamming trade chat and eyeing for gd deals to flip and stuff. tt's not playing imo.

Nobody likes RMT too, but it seems like people enjoyed that feature in vanilla Diablo 3. Sometimes will see people nostalgia they sold some item for US$250 on the RMAH. :s13: I don't think there is a single company that managed to fight the RMT problems outside of the game sadly...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.