[Official] DVB-T2 USB/PCI-E/PCI TV Tuner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with the experts here,

I just got myself a Sony 40R350D, specs stated got DVB-T2 but as this is the first time Im using such TV I am not sure what else I need for it to work.

Please advise. :)

Do you have an indoor (passive or active) antenna? If yes, just connect and start tuning. If no, source for a cheap passive antenna first before going for active one.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can any expert can advise on my situation?

I bought a new TV with Digital TV ready and i plan to install it at Living room and move my old TV(non-Digital TV) to my master bedroom.

My master bedroom do not have wall plug.
I plan to using DVB-T2 antenna for my old TV in my master bedroom.
Can i use starhub set up box together with DVB-T2 antenna without plug to wall plug?
Or i have to buy another set up box with DVB T2 antenna for my old TV?

Starhub set top box has all the digital channels, so you don't need a digital ready TV, i.e you can watch digital channel using your old TV with starhub set top box.

If you move the new TV to the bedroom, what you need is dvb-t2 antenna.

If old TV, then you need to buy one additional dvb-t2 receiver box + antenna .

sunsetbay

Reaction score
one new free channel for DVB-C user~ Smithsonian Channel HD on 426Mhz~

at the same time, they had removed the free viewing for KIX HD & MTV HD~ NHK World Premium HD & Cbeebies HD still remain free~ :s22:

6itqur.jpg

okbvjs.jpg

http://www.starhub.com/about-us/new...in-asia-to-launch-smithsonian-channel-hd.html

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can recommend most Value for money DVB-t2 antenna, just bought a Philips 5100 TV that is DVB-t.

something like this ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig..._1&btsid=6ee834d6-2edc-4486-a84e-d5ca7e413b68

please please please consider this one instead

http://www.daiyo.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=136

it has a signal booster (connect to usb) built in which makes it ALOT easier to receive indoor tv signal than that flimsy small antenna

abit pricey but i think its worth it because finding the sweet spot in your home with a cheap antenna can make u vomit blood

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
please please please consider this one instead

http://www.daiyo.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=136

it has a signal booster (connect to usb) built in which makes it ALOT easier to receive indoor tv signal than that flimsy small antenna

abit pricey but i think its worth it because finding the sweet spot in your home with a cheap antenna can make u vomit blood

the product obselete already?

how about this one?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201..._1&btsid=f67dc0e1-8741-4589-bf89-27cec42897ac

danielfu

Reaction score
Hi, am intending to buy an internal card. is hauppage good? i recall using it many years ago and it was quite alright.

i read from the forums on tbs brand. which one is recommended? seems like now there is a sale going on.

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internal DVB-T2/C locally obscenely overpriced IMHO Might as well hoot overseas and also consider USB ones loh easy to transfer/set up as well

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i can't receive Channel 5 HD (370MHz) from DVB-C ... yesterday still can

other channels like ok ... anybody can help me confirm? :(

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i can't receive Channel 5 HD (370MHz) from DVB-C ... yesterday still can

other channels like ok ... anybody can help me confirm? :(

I still can. Do u want to check your tuner hardware, or the software settings? :o

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WTH
nextPVR can play the DVB-C CH5 HD directly but when kodi tries to play it it got stuck buffering 0%

other dvb-c channels ok on both kodi and nextpvr :(

sunsetbay

Reaction score
got one free ch at starhub~ Goshop on Ch110 or 426Mhz for DVB-C user~ its a full commercial chinese ch~ :s22:

rtkd9w.jpg

sunsetbay

Reaction score
another free HD channel for DVB-C user~ Ch416 at 426Mhz, Love Nature HD~ pretty good HD quality channel~! the other channels, Smithsonian, NHK Premium HD, Cbeebies & Go Shop are still around~ :s22:

2qxvwq8.jpg

34oca3r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.