[Official] EDMW Jobless Club - Part 8

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you got a job offer now, would you take it up if the bonus and promotion (no guaranteed) for your current job are coming up soon in a few months. The new job’s pay will be lower than your promoted position’s one but the work life balance is way better.

push factor strong?

to me if you feel the new job will make you happier without having more stress mentally, I will forgo the bonus or promotion.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you got a job offer now, would you take it up if the bonus and promotion (no guaranteed) for your current job are coming up soon in a few months. The new job’s pay will be lower than your promoted position’s one but the work life balance is way better.
Take the job offer

squarepegs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a few job offers last week. When they want to interview me, i declined and choose the one that has 5 day work week, 8 hours a day, better benefits. Although less physical work but more mentally work.

Im beginning to regret my decision. So many things to study, online lessons, quiz. Learning something new is good and challenging but my memory can’t absorb so many things all at once.

squarepegs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are these once-off or will there always be new stuff every week/month ?
once off but maybe 3 months later need to do a refresher course.

im not good at memorising things, so I think I won't do well. maybe one month zao lang liao

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should just compare your current package vs the offer. Don't assume there's promotion and if bonus isn't contractually binding, there can also be no bonus. Hence if the new job already pays higher than current, should just take.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last week already tender liao lo. next week starting new job.

i didnt give letter to boss but to general manager. me and boss since long time ago not on speaking terms liao.
Good good... Hope u hav a good new job :(

pony852

Master Member
Reaction score
Good good... Hope u hav a good new job :(
first day at new job need to show my proactive acting skills by writing down on notebook haa.. haa.. :ROFLMAO:

dont want later tio hoot for just listening and not taking down notes like current company.

i already know what i should do so didnt really bother. just need some time to be familiar with where things are only.

me whom dont take notes dont forget things easily. those whom take notes forget it every now and then. how ironic.

irregardless

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first day at new job need to show my proactive acting skills by writing down on notebook haa.. haa.. :ROFLMAO:

dont want later tio hoot for just listening and not taking down notes like current company.

i already know what i should do so didnt really bother. just need some time to be familiar with where things are only.

me whom dont take notes dont forget things easily. those whom take notes forget it every now and then. how ironic.
all the best! i'm sure once you prove yourself, no one will bother whether you write notes or not

i have a colleague whose memory is very good, she can remember everything

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all the best! i'm sure once you prove yourself, no one will bother whether you write notes or not

i have a colleague whose memory is very good, she can remember everything
Is better to write down and print out important emails. You nv know when you need those knformation for future referencing

candy crush

Banned
Reaction score

U are same as me
I also like that, I even go and approach the senior staff on my first day and ask me, like anything I can learn during weekend. I will write down on notebook and go and study

first few month u must really work hard and study a bit

pony852

Master Member
Reaction score
U are same as me
I also like that, I even go and approach the senior staff on my first day and ask me, like anything I can learn during weekend. I will write down on notebook and go and study

first few month u must really work hard and study a bit
mai gei gei :ROFLMAO:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.