-=OFFICIAL=- EDMW PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i can frame a shot @ 16mm, single portrait framing...

_41A3222-.jpg

look at the sides of the photo, how tight it is... and notice the amount of dead space in the sky which does not add much to the photo.. imagine the sun is setting right at the horizon already, then there will be too much sky and the photo will feel top heavy...

and this is on slightly lower floor, i need to go up higher to get the leading lines working.. going higher will mean capturing more of the sky...

so i work on landscape framing with 2 or 3 images stitched vertically aka vertorama...

Untitled_Panorama5-Edit-Edit-.jpg

though of cos, this photo involved exposure blending too but that's not the issue here... end state i felt was a much balanced output with 1/3 sky and 2/3 foreground.. top of HDB flats leading to the horizon where the drama is... the left and right sides had some breathing space, not so squeezy like in portrait framing... a squarish crop worked pretty well here..

yes yes, YMMV as always...

Last edited:

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
and take note of the perspective distortion... with the buildings right at the edge of the frame.. a UWA lens will stretch the flats vertically, making it look taller than what it was supposed to be...

stitching will in a way minimise distortion and keep the stuffs within the frame proportional...

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
_41A3683-84-86-88-Edit-Edit-2-.jpg

4x images DRI

second set which i shot as the sun went down... then i packed up and head for another location liao... quite like the punchy colours... would be better if the wind was blowing with more force so i can get more cloud movement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.