[OFFICIAL] EDMW Wet Shaving Club - Part 6

lekcf111

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone tried Henson shaving? I tried the mild version and it gave me the closest shave amongst the few shavers that I had used.

DriftKing

Reaction score
Any after shave balm/cream to intro? Loved the moroccan from Crabtree & Evelyn until the company up lorry.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Anyone tried Henson shaving? I tried the mild version and it gave me the closest shave amongst the few shavers that I had used.
I got mine a few weeks ago and shaved twice using it so far.

Same sentiments, though compared to a multi-blade cartridge razor. Really smooth to use, and don't have to use a lot of force like before. Got razor burn and a few weepers on my first use, because I pressed down with too much force (being used to my old cartridge) over bumpy areas. Shaved again just now using light force, and it's a lot better.

I guess that's one thing to look out for, because it doesn't give a lot of auditory cues.

Did you have to go for 2 passes (along and against grain) too? I think it's too mild to do it in a single pass, but I have the habit of doing 2 passes.

lekcf111

Reaction score
I got mine a few weeks ago and shaved twice using it so far.

Same sentiments, though compared to a multi-blade cartridge razor. Really smooth to use, and don't have to use a lot of force like before. Got razor burn and a few weepers on my first use, because I pressed down with too much force (being used to my old cartridge) over bumpy areas. Shaved again just now using light force, and it's a lot better.

I guess that's one thing to look out for, because it doesn't give a lot of auditory cues.

Did you have to go for 2 passes (along and against grain) too? I think it's too mild to do it in a single pass, but I have the habit of doing 2 passes.
Yup same for me...I normally prefer at least 2 passes for all my shaves. I rely more on the shave feeling rather than auditory cues (which is more muted on this shaver compared to others). One thing I didn't like is the screw thread on the shave head/ handle. Not sure how long it would last before stripping given that this shaver needs to be tighten down much more than other shavers

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score
Went down to M today... didn't get much, but it is a start.

This is what I used before going out -prepare to kena zap-

RzXixso.jpg

What I bought, nothing much have changed though.

0zGMQH0.jpg

Just bought some ulu razor to try... changed it with the Gillette blade though. Still waiting for some chance to some proper DE Razor

Oh yea quick question, how do I "season" the boar brush?

Haha its being soon 8 years since I started Wet Shaving. So much have change.

commandowolf

Reaction score
I think either my face really dont like astra green and gillette 7oc green ss blades, or the blades are duds, but unlikely i try 2 tucks out of 5 each all have blade issue. Fresh blade but feel like is dragging and not cutting, 1st pass can feel skin tingling, 2nd pass feel razor burn developing liao. Their performance also a bit lacking, cannot cut through my whiskers as good as the dorco st300. 1-2 week growth, these 2 blades can only do maybe 1-2 pulls then stop cutting liao need wash off, dorco i can finish entire 1 side of cheek before wash off.

Meanwhile i use Dorco ST300 no issue leh, exact same setup, 2 pass no issue, only a little bit of razor burn at chin.

Anybody living near lakeside want i give you, 3 tucks unopened of astra green and 3 tucks of gillette 7oc green ss, otherwise i think i give up on those and throw. No point suffering and trying to make these blades work for me.

Nagimaru

Reaction score
Not sure if it's posted, but at Mustafa there is something that I don't see often in stock, the Omega 10098. I bought one for fun. Nice knot, 27/65, usable even on the second day, and it is hard to find at this price. No-brainer purchase if you are looking into trying larger barber-style boar brushes.

Here it is (middle) next to some of my similarly sized boars for rough size comparison
(L-R Zenith B2, Omega Proraso, Omega 10098, Omega Italian Flag, Semogue SOC)

FFgXKpG.png

panda_hippo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are the shaving soaps available in Mustafa now? My current supply is running out and I am wondering if I should buy from Mustafa or order from overseas instead.

merkur59

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's posted, but at Mustafa there is something that I don't see often in stock, the Omega 10098. I bought one for fun. Nice knot, 27/65, usable even on the second day, and it is hard to find at this price. No-brainer purchase if you are looking into trying larger barber-style boar brushes.

Here it is (middle) next to some of my similarly sized boars for rough size comparison
(L-R Zenith B2, Omega Proraso, Omega 10098, Omega Italian Flag, Semogue SOC)

FFgXKpG.png
nice!
I am still rotating old weber, fatip and Ikon, with trusty omega brushes...

Questin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to get a new safety razor, mine is damaged and will no longer close properly, and shaving is dangerous as the top may pop loose.

Any suggestions on an affordable model and a place to buy online? Preferably local if they are not overcharging.

I am specifically looking for a safety razor that will not gum up with soap, had to replace a merkur safety razo before the handle gummed up with soap and i could not untwist it to replace the blade.

Also, anyone know a good place to buy Gillette Permasharp blades?

Last edited:

Hungry kid

Reaction score
Need to get a new safety razor, mine is damaged and will no longer close properly, and shaving is dangerous as the top may pop loose.

Any suggestions on an affordable model and a place to buy online? Preferably local if they are not overcharging.

I am specifically looking for a safety razor that will not gum up with soap, had to replace a merkur safety razo before the handle gummed up with soap and i could not untwist it to replace the blade.

Safety razor is highly marked up in singapore if you are looking at brands like Merkur or Muhle.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

too bad all made with zero intention of preventing soap scum. You have find time ever so often to clean it.

lazy? Find a method which has the least work
https://www.badgerandblade.com/foru...off-of-my-safety-razor-and-metal-bowl.547878/

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score

Rockwell

Questin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think i want to try an affordable butterfly razor first. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe $30 and below?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.