High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no idea what kind of guppies you guys got
but guppies are longkang fish that is supposed to be very hardy
not so easy mati

tankgunner

Honorary Member
Reaction score
My guppies died with no signs of disease, even with proper acclimate.
many reasons as your info too lacking for us to come to a conclusion.
new tank?
fish already sick at the lfs?
just too many to list here.

Yua Mikami

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
darn sad 1 month later

1 aro that eat pellets died
the bully still refuse to eat anything... even ignore mp...

Yua Mikami

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh dear I feel for you...what are you feeding the remaining one? Maybe it eats but not when you are around.

i will leave the mp in the water for 30min, let them explore the food and reduce the chance of polluting the water.

sian within 1 5month killed 3 arowana

giphy.gif

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
this is not true anymore mainly due to too much inbreeding.

many reasons as your info too lacking for us to come to a conclusion.
new tank?
fish already sick at the lfs?
just too many to list here.
i do agree tt buying fishes at lfs is a gamble. no matter how clear is the water, we are not aware of its health from externally.
they have fast turn over of stocks, dead are fished out etc, so for consumer after buying them home, dying after a week or so, is hard to pinpoint.

i see some water change at lfs, the water definately comes from tap direct. doubt they have special tank to dechlorinated water, but i observed some does put pretty much amt of salt into them after water change

r1cky_b3cks

Reaction score
i do agree tt buying fishes at lfs is a gamble. no matter how clear is the water, we are not aware of its health from externally.
they have fast turn over of stocks, dead are fished out etc, so for consumer after buying them home, dying after a week or so, is hard to pinpoint.

i see some water change at lfs, the water definately comes from tap direct. doubt they have special tank to dechlorinated water, but i observed some does put pretty much amt of salt into them after water change
i dun think the water change is purely from tap water, those fishes will die in the first 24 hrs.

tankgunner

Honorary Member
Reaction score

not many LFS do quarantine when they bring in new fish into their stores.
some of those that do that are farms that do sell to the public.

Yua Mikami

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally, after a large WC he starts to eat mp...

now I'm left with $80 worth of pellets don't know what to do without losing money...

should I buy tfb to finish the pellets? or buy hybrid bass?

r1cky_b3cks

Reaction score
i would like to seek advice here.
i have around 10 koi guppy in my tank, mostly male.
yesterday bought 3 pairs of new guppies and put inside.
today 4 of them was attacked, 2 are critical and 2 fins heavily damaged.
what should i do? did i put too many at once? the residents are very aggressive towards the new ones.

TehSi99

Reaction score

I noticed they add anti chlorine only after the tap water is already almost to the desired level. By then, the chlorine would have burn the gills, particular to those smaller and less tolerant fishes.

deuces

Reaction score
I bought before. I think it is either Malaya shrimps or rojak shrimps (mostly mixed cull quality neo cardini shrimps).
Ya low grade cull cherry or mixed neos. Their offsprings will revert wild.

deuces

Reaction score
finally, after a large WC he starts to eat mp...

now I'm left with $80 worth of pellets don't know what to do without losing money...

should I buy tfb to finish the pellets? or buy hybrid bass?
What dechlorinator you used?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.