[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

Burningbone

Reaction score
Looks ok to me.
I wish so too. But they look abit different from the rest. The colour should be more transparent when they have not colored up. But these bag they look abit more milky, especially this 2 which have patches of whitish colour. I send the image to a few locations, the only reply is from a fren that work @ TA stating is tetra disease and not curable.
Currently I just isolate 2 of them in a jar.

deuces

Reaction score
I wish so too. But they look abit different from the rest. The colour should be more transparent when they have not colored up. But these bag they look abit more milky, especially this 2 which have patches of whitish colour. I send the image to a few locations, the only reply is from a fren that work @ TA stating is tetra disease and not curable.
Currently I just isolate 2 of them in a jar.
If looking for chilli rasboras, I gotten mine from nanyyang 10 for $8.8 in bag, all healthy and color up.
Hopefully it's tetra disease while tuberculosis is the worst sh1t to get.
My fren gotten it, his tank guppies, ram, tetras, cloud minnows livestocks all tio then fishes mysteriously died one by one. Symptoms like bloatness, some bended spines. I gave him my healthy albino plecos and nano fishes kept for months also doh.
Everytime top up new fishes also die eventually.

Burningbone

Reaction score
If looking for chilli rasboras, I gotten mine from nanyyang 10 for $8.8 in bag, all healthy and color up.
Hopefully it's tetra disease while tuberculosis is the worst sh1t to get.
My fren gotten it, his tank guppies, ram, tetras, cloud minnows livestocks all tio then fishes mysteriously died one by one. Symptoms like bloatness, some bended spines. I gave him my healthy albino plecos and nano fishes kept for months also doh.
Everytime top up new fishes also die eventually.
Ya i gotten from them too! First 2 pack is fine and these is the 3rd pack I gotten from them. 😩
Heng my bottom tank only have shrimp, cory n chilli rasbora. Max max is lucky all the chilli rasbora game over. 😢

edmwperson

Banned
Reaction score
I bought 30 from c328
Most of them are berried and in 1 wk time shrimplet started to appear.
The most I counted when feeding time is about 100.
And many went into my hang on back filter, till today I can still find some inside 😑
Yesterday I just notice a shrimp is berried, so I suspect next wave of shrimplet will be coming soon 😍
wah, lovely, got spare to give away? ;)

your shrimps are purely orange or yellow?

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought 30 from c328
Most of them are berried and in 1 wk time shrimplet started to appear.
The most I counted when feeding time is about 100.
And many went into my hang on back filter, till today I can still find some inside 😑
Yesterday I just notice a shrimp is berried, so I suspect next wave of shrimplet will be coming soon 😍

Did you have a sponge or net to cover your HOB filter inlet?

Burningbone

Reaction score
Did you have a sponge or net to cover your HOB filter inlet?
Yup I diy sponge. But they seem to still get in. Especially those newborn. And the newborn will just survive inside but remain very small compare to their peers that is at the tank.

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for recommendation but Eheim 😓
any other value for money alternatives?
If your budget is around 100+, I bought a oase filtosmart 100 recently. Look at shopee or Lazada to stack discounts.

If you want cheaper, there are China brands from these websites too. Can get below 100.

One think about the filter is also must note the size for media, as small canister has only very limited space.

You can also Google YouTube for DIY canister.

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1633160945899.jpg

any new plants i can add?
ran out of ideas
Floating plants? Frogbits or water lettuce are good. Especially if you have algae issue

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Red.
The older one is now super dark red.
I waiting for 2nd wave of shrimplet come then once overcrowding will feed to apisto, give away or sell away. 😉

Good for you.

My red shrimps kept dying till I give up. Bought many times from different places and same thing happened.

Now switch to tetra and they are doing well in the same tank.

Couldn't figure out why the shrimps died.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Good for you.

My red shrimps kept dying till I give up. Bought many times from different places and same thing happened.

how big or small is your tank and what filter you using?

deuces

Reaction score
Good for you.

If tetra ok, water pH should be suitable for shrimps.
I kept mine at around 170-180 TDS with sponge filter only.
I did 20% water change 2 weeks once. Previously added anti-chlorine with tap water directly and top up had casualties. Maybe due to small tank, 45cm and parameters changed quickly or anti-chlorine overdosed.
Now I am doing water from tap + antichlorine, aged for 1 week then drip method back to tank.
Didn't care about pH, temperature and gh, no test kits used. Using TDs pen only from shopee.
Inert thin layer substrate for easy siphon clean, 0 fert dosed, no chiller, room temperature.
Everyday i feed little once, overfeeding can also led to shrimp deaths. Food I using hwa ver1, awood, genchem biozyme, genchem white pellets for calcium.
Rule of thumb, don't hand itchy go make changes to tank frequently.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.