[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

Honeydewz

Master Member
Reaction score
7 months later pellet training failed... dunno what else can i do to make my Arowana to eat pellets..

"sacrificed" many fishes to tease the Arowana to eat end up like wasting life n money...

deuces

Reaction score

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 months later pellet training failed... dunno what else can i do to make my Arowana to eat pellets..

"sacrificed" many fishes to tease the Arowana to eat end up like wasting life n money...
dun bother la...some can eat means can eat cannot die die dunwan..

try and change many brands , all the old school methods.....

End up he happily eat MP. i contented liao

Honeydewz

Master Member
Reaction score
finally see my aro shallow a few pellets really hope it will continue to eat pellets and become buibui

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about bioorb aquarium? Wanna start this hobby with bioorb 105 litre from east ocean. Like fish but no time

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shifus.. I'm looking at Juwel 240 also... is it a good tank?

Gonna go for full planted.. probably black soil and the likes.. Objective is achieve the least water change

Am a complete beginner but planning to budget to meet the objective.. Will keep community fishes + prawns, I hate snails so will use tissue cultured everything too

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shifus.. I'm looking at Juwel 240 also... is it a good tank?

Gonna go for full planted.. probably black soil and the likes.. Objective is achieve the least water change

Am a complete beginner but planning to budget to meet the objective.. Will keep community fishes + prawns, I hate snails so will use tissue cultured everything too

For this Juwel Rio 240, it is using a internal Bioflow Filter M – Filter System. Since you want the least water change, you should get a Fish Tank with a sump as it has a much larger holding area to harvest beneficial bacteria :o

Then you have to keep as little fish and prawn as possible to minimise water change :o

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For this Juwel Rio 240, it is using a internal Bioflow Filter M – Filter System. Since you want the least water change, you should get a Fish Tank with a sump as it has a much larger holding area to harvest beneficial bacteria :o

Then you have to keep as little fish and prawn as possible to minimise water change :o
hI shifu,

Is sump suitable for soil though? Is it possible to achieve automation in terms of water change?

The benefit of getting something like juwel is that it is all in one and probably easy for a noob like me. But could you please recommend a tank which is under <250 litres? I want a huge tank but my wife will probably make noise.. so gonna keep it under 250 for now..

I see got simi crystal tank etc etc till I blur.. Acrylic seems to be the superior material though.. if price is good, I might actually go with acrylic..

What else do I need for a sump setup? don't mind using mid-high end stuff as long as it can fulfil my objective.. I don't know the market well but hope to get the full tank setup under 2k before plants and fishes

Last edited:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 k is a lot if you not looking at atas stuff

all in one is quite disastrous most of the time.
it’s meant for those gold fish blah blah , not too sure how well verse you are but u see those any moh use those mostly deep sand gravel .

Some of my usual reminder to people starting
1) find a nice space : size , deco : storage
2) easy to have direct hose to tap and drainage, make water change easy but also see ur tank volume la
3) dun create wet floors
4) want to less hassle later , the front hassle must do right .
5) chiller , co2 , can dun use if you high lvl and the results will never be close . Which will make you dejected and quit hobby
Then peopIe here will buy ur stuff in Carousell for cheap

TA200

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
15985658361_c77850266a_b.jpg

Fluval Stratum used for fishes, can i drain out the water and reuse for shrimp? is it ok to have this set up without a filter?

Honeydewz

Master Member
Reaction score
finally see my aro shallow a few pellets really hope it will continue to eat pellets and become buibui
gosh 空欢喜一场 after i walk away the aro will spit... some got eaten by other fishes the rest all stuck under my powerhead...

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A leading French aquarium vendor has decided to stop selling round fish bowls because they drive fish mad and kill them quickly.
French pet care market leader AgroBiothers Laboratoire will no longer sell any aquariums with a capacity of less than 15 litres and only rectangular ones, as putting fish in small bowls without filtration and oxygenation is animal abuse, it said.
"People buy a goldfish for their kids on impulse, but if they knew what a torture it is, they would not do it. Turning round and round in a small bowl drives fish crazy and kills them quickly," AgroBiothers CEO Matthieu Lambeaux told Reuters.
Goldfish can live up to 30 years and grow to about 25cm in big aquariums or outdoor ponds, but in tiny bowls they often die within weeks or months.
He said goldfish are social animals who need the company of other fish, ample space and clean water, and that having an aquarium requires a minimum of equipment and expertise.
France is Europe's number one market for red aquarium fish, with about 2.3 million fish, Lambeaux said.
Germany and several other European countries have long banned fish bowls, but France has no legislation on the issue.
"It is a French anachronism, that is why we decided to move. We cannot educate all our customers to explain that keeping fish in a bowl is cruel. We consider that it is our responsibility to no longer give consumers that choice," Lambeaux said.
AgroBiothers, which has a French market share of about 27 per cent in pet care products, sold about 50,000 fish bowls per year at about 20 euros (S$30.50) a piece in previous years.
"There is demand for fish bowls, but the reality is that what we offer children is the possibility to see gold fish die slowly," he said.
(Reporting by Geert De Clercq; Editing by Christina Fincher)

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 k is a lot if you not looking at atas stuff

all in one is quite disastrous most of the time.
it’s meant for those gold fish blah blah , not too sure how well verse you are but u see those any moh use those mostly deep sand gravel .

Some of my usual reminder to people starting
1) find a nice space : size , deco : storage
2) easy to have direct hose to tap and drainage, make water change easy but also see ur tank volume la
3) dun create wet floors
4) want to less hassle later , the front hassle must do right .
5) chiller , co2 , can dun use if you high lvl and the results will never be close . Which will make you dejected and quit hobby
Then peopIe here will buy ur stuff in Carousell for cheap

I did a bit of reading on filters and decided to go with a sump system. As it will be a planted tank, drilling wouldn't be possible. Can you please share where to get good overhead sump system and is there anyway to conceal them?

Should I also get glass or acrylic tank ah? Can someone share a few good places to look at good tanks (preferably with cabinets + way to conceal overhead sump)

deuces

Reaction score
I did a bit of reading on filters and decided to go with a sump system. As it will be a planted tank, drilling wouldn't be possible. Can you please share where to get good overhead sump system and is there anyway to conceal them?

Should I also get glass or acrylic tank ah? Can someone share a few good places to look at good tanks (preferably with cabinets + way to conceal overhead sump)
N30 tank lo

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think u need share a bit more info bah.

1) Space you have
2) What plants, livestock, scape type?

Then u can have a clearer picture or what equiptment or filtration is suitable.

tankgunner

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
hI shifu,

Is sump suitable for soil though? Is it possible to achieve automation in terms of water change?

The benefit of getting something like juwel is that it is all in one and probably easy for a noob like me. But could you please recommend a tank which is under <250 litres? I want a huge tank but my wife will probably make noise.. so gonna keep it under 250 for now..

I see got simi crystal tank etc etc till I blur.. Acrylic seems to be the superior material though.. if price is good, I might actually go with acrylic..

What else do I need for a sump setup? don't mind using mid-high end stuff as long as it can fulfil my objective.. I don't know the market well but hope to get the full tank setup under 2k before plants and fishes
if you don't like doing water change, i strong suggest you don't play planted tanks esp high tech planted tanks.

i would suggest get the biggest size your space and budget allow. the bigger the tank, the more room for errors.
small size tanks are for the more advanced players.

tankgunner

High Honorary Member
Reaction score

acrylic tanks very easy to scratch. its going to be a eye sore esp for planted tank.

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you don't like doing water change, i strong suggest you don't play planted tanks esp high tech planted tanks.

i would suggest get the biggest size your space and budget allow. the bigger the tank, the more room for errors.
small size tanks are for the more advanced players.

To add on, for beginners, please get at least a 2 feet tank :o

More room for error and less chance for fish to die :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.