[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
So I'd need to add baking soda everytime I do water change?
yes. baking soda has the ability to buffer for pH crash but you need to add back during each water change.
its not difficult. just like adding anti chlorine.
and baking soda is very cheap.

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score
Gex Glassterior? Personal choice, I think. There is also ANS Opticlear. What I know is that some people are picky about the colour and thickness of glass. So Gex tends to have greenish tint whereas Opticlear tends to have less of that. I would say, between the two, I'm guessing PF sora will be the more popular pick.

Got this frm FNM .. awaiting for delivery

6Rq3Sbz.jpg

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh. A few of my panda corys uplorry after I disturbed the substrate. To minimise water clouding, I use hose to siphon out small part of the cat litter substrate to replace with ADA soil. Still die :(
Espei rasboras and cardinal tetras were unaffected tho

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Sigh. A few of my panda corys uplorry after I disturbed the substrate. To minimise water clouding, I use hose to siphon out small part of the cat litter substrate to replace with ADA soil. Still die :(
Espei rasboras and cardinal tetras were unaffected tho
they died after you top up with ADA soil or before?

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you disturb the substrate, you need to do a large water change (at least 50%) after than.
else, there will be a spike in toxic.
Oh no wonder. Lesson learnt. Will monitor the rest of the fishies for a week before adding in replacements

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.