[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

axelpuppy

Reaction score
I’m keen to start a small planted aquarium, but this is my first time. Can anyone recommend what plants to start with and where to buy? Can I buy the plants from any neighborhood pet shop?

Yua Mikami

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Screenshot-2021-08-01-at-02-51-57-Pmice-turkey-white-jelly-3-8mm-mini-1kg-Shopee-Singapore.png

https://shopee.sg/Pmice-turkey-white-jelly-3-8mm-mini-1kg-i.462632061.11511609631

Gainduia

Reaction score
Aiyo. They gonna up lorry soon.

They like temp from 18 to 29. You give them 32. Get a fan la. Just a small 80mm PC fan and mod it to a USB plug and then plug to any old handphone charger will do the job. You recycle old hardware, keep cost down to minimum with little effort. Dont kill your shrimps. No need to spend more money buying more shrimps to kill. So many benefits! With the pc fan, i can keep my tank at 26 degree Celsius even thou today was a pretty hot day.

maxresdefault.jpg
Hi teagarden, able to show how you mount the cpu fan to the tank? I am trying to find a clip for my diy fan.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
any pic of set up?
i already tear it down for a new project liao.
any way, is just a very thick layer of sand (about 7cm), fill with Xmas moss and a PL light.
water change 2x a month. 30% each time.

Boltstorm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of gourami? if it's an opaline I can maybe trade you one of my golden females. There are some groups on facebook like "Love fish Singapore" you can post there for rehoming.
Anyone knows what to do if you get stuck with two male gouramis in the tank? Sexing was inaccurate. :(

Yua Mikami

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't know if fish over eat, each time feed worms, one or two will gg with big tummy

painful death
like what weec0007 said it could be parasite inflection

usually i will just soak in the tank shake shake until i think it's enough worn being releases in the tank then keep it in ziplock put it back in the freezer

overfeed will affect the fishes and tank water

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason why snail keeps crawling out of the water to "commit suicide" outside? Found it a few times after i come back from work, so could have been drying for hours. But surprisingly catch put back water, its still alive!

Yua Mikami

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to customize a reasonable price tank set?

zoom meeting boss saw my fish tank now ask me where to customize a tank set... as a Yesman I say I will check for him but I'm juz a budget fish keeper that sources for 2ndhand items...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.