[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadknight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good to have family member that has the same hobby... my family whenever i wc they will kpkb asking to me get rid of the tank because i'm wasting water :(

My mom doesn't kpkb if I keep the waste water for her plants.
Downside is I run out of buckets to top up my tanks.

Looking at low water change set-ups. But guppies are prolific breeders. I cycled the tank with mollies which had an anchorworm outbreak. Dosed and killed those... Killed those bladder snails at same time.
my primary nitrate controller is duckweed. My canister filter does help with the nitrite/ammonia.
Has like a mix of lava rock, ceramic rings and some matrix filling up the 2/3 baskets

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Redo the crab tank as the sand made it kinda messy and stink... :s22:

Put in some more stones to create hiding spots for the crabs. Think they prefer it more. . :s13:

X6fj7T9.jpg

Posted from PCWX using MI MAX 2

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mom doesn't kpkb if I keep the waste water for her plants.
Downside is I run out of buckets to top up my tanks.

Looking at low water change set-ups. But guppies are prolific breeders. I cycled the tank with mollies which had an anchorworm outbreak. Dosed and killed those... Killed those bladder snails at same time.
my primary nitrate controller is duckweed. My canister filter does help with the nitrite/ammonia.
Has like a mix of lava rock, ceramic rings and some matrix filling up the 2/3 baskets

Aaaaa....good old duckweed, I like. One LFS gave me a bit free, manages to make a bunch before the snails tekan the weeds then weed out. It was a good journey.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Redo the crab tank as the sand made it kinda messy and stink... :s22:

Put in some more stones to create hiding spots for the crabs. Think they prefer it more. . :s13:

X6fj7T9.jpg

You make some pvc condo, I think they will hide inside. What you need are pvc, way to tie them, in threes. Can bury into sand make it like cave. hee. Eat meat sure stinky one.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
You make some pvc condo, I think they will hide inside. What you need are pvc, way to tie them, in threes. Can bury into sand make it like cave. hee. Eat meat sure stinky one.

Yah, was planning to make a tunnel between the rocks

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
SPkzAO7.jpg

The female puppy seems to recover... No more fin rot and sunken stomach... Phew...

Got see her eat n poop...

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today dunno should visit toh or seaview :(

tempting to buy some aggressive eater to tease my Arowana to eat pellets

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, that time din know how to choose, end up the bat h of females all got bend spine... :(

Buy fish cannot be on impluse, fish look good then you buy. Catch fish must be gentle, left hand "chase and guide" the target, right hand control net. Gently guide the fish in, they can get injuried during catching.

We don't catch fish like monster hand. So do it gently. No water on the LFS floor or less water, means you are good at fishing the fish out. The word here is gently.

LFS owner also judge you by this standard. Usually, they know you experienced they more chatty with you.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went na nature aquarium since I was in the area
Price abit more exp then clementi. But much lesser fish sold

And @f50 I found platy ,not as feeder fish type !!

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy fish cannot be on impluse, fish look good then you buy. Catch fish must be gentle, left hand "chase and guide" the target, right hand control net. Gently guide the fish in, they can get injuried during catching.

We don't catch fish like monster hand. So do it gently. No water on the LFS floor or less water, means you are good at fishing the fish out. The word here is gently.

LFS owner also judge you by this standard. Usually, they know you experienced they more chatty with you.

Look good means what ? I usually choose the more active one only :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.