[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiron

Reaction score
Just went to Y618 to get some guppies, nice old shop ambience, and the shop surroundings give me the nostalgic slow pace life 1990s feeling

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Small tank pls dun use safe

@dragonfire
Actually safe have 4kg size but never see in shops

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just starting out, small tank. Worry will overdose on the Seachem. :o

follow dosage should be ok, actually i overdose all the tim3.. lol but my tank is slightly bigger hence effects might be small

pewpewpew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never fed my DPs snails. Only live brine shrimp and live grindal worms. There was once I introduced 20 mts into the tank. Hoping they could hide and breed as food for the DPs. But the whacked them all in one night. Sad.....

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
What's MT?

I feel like breding ramshorn like you.

過路稻草人™

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how much is Seachem Prime (or Safe), and where can I buy?

I went to a shop in Waterway Point (Punggol) but they only have Nutrafin Aqua Plus.
I used to buy 4 x 4kg tubs from Amazon at $89 SGD each . (FSSG) items was always delayed at Singapore custom for inspection.

Now Seaview retail in at $120 SGD, and Amazon sell it above USD $125 (now it does not ship to Singapore)

Suggestion buy from Seaview cheaper than from Amazon now.

As to why buy so much, I used to use it for several ponds.

Now one tub can use for 5 years and still have half tub for 6ft x 4ft tank.

dPhmVSll.jpg

3xvQmYzl.jpg

Sent from 伯朗大道 using GAGT

procmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
過路稻草人™;114025445 said:
The amount to add should be using a coffee stirrer from me.

How big is your tank?

procmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Small tank pls dun use safe

Is Prime is safer than Safe for small tank?

follow dosage should be ok, actually i overdose all the tim3.. lol but my tank is slightly bigger hence effects might be small

Mine is really small tank, only 4 gallons. Most of the time I will at most change half the tank water, that's why worried about overdose.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

Mine is really small tank, only 4 gallons. Most of the time I will at most change half the tank water, that's why worried about overdose.

I read hobbyist ever over dose 10x the recommended dosage without killing the fish.

procmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
過路稻草人™;114026553 said:
I have 4ftx8"x10", 1.5ftx 1ft x 2ft I just use a stirrer from McDonald's very little for safe.

For a 6.5ft x 4ft I only uses those children medicine soup 5ml x 2.

For your 1.5ftx 1ft x 2ft tank, it's still bigger than mine. But it is encouraging. So you use SAFE or Prime?

Tomorrow going Hougang. Hope that area has a shop selling.

過路稻草人™

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For your 1.5ftx 1ft x 2ft tank, it's still bigger than mine. But it is encouraging. So you use SAFE or Prime?

Tomorrow going Hougang. Hope that area has a shop selling.
Safe, prime not as worth it.

Been thru the days of dousing nutrition, Genesis, API ... Dun bother.

Stick with safe cannot go wrong

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score

believe both safe and prime are fine, however when i was using the powder form, i will pour the powder into a bucket of water first, den mix it up before adding to the tank den i top up

camelsback

Reaction score
most of your plants need base fert.
do you have them?
dont have leh. Not too familiar with plants... So just whack only. I used to have another tank with substrates and ferts. But big mess when rescaping and cleaning. Got rid of them after 2 years. lol. What plants are good for my tank?

Camelsback, 2 questions.

1. How did you prevent algae from growing in your tank. You placed them next to the window which means they have tons of light.

2. How did you upload such clear pic. When i upload my pic, somehow they get converted into fuzzy low quality pic.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Never had issues witth algae over the 5 years that ive been keeping fish. i guess i never over feed ba. sometimes I let them starve for a couple days before i feed.

2. I using google pixel 2 to take the photos. Thn upload on imgur lor. No edits. I thnk is your camera!

This tank was before my current set up. I have since moved that two parrotfish to my 2000 litres pond.
FeXveDk.jpg

Uj7yOHz.jpg

Only had this setup for 2 weeks before i moved to the current 4ft tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.