[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteAnt

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mmm not sure if this question sounds stupid but how often should I feed the fighting fish (bought fr my mom)?

Because I realize he's getting fatter and fatter :s22:

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mmm not sure if this question sounds stupid but how often should I feed the fighting fish (bought fr my mom)?

Is it shitting or tio constipation?

Alternate day is good enough.

ljohn78

Reaction score

Feed about 5 pellets a day will do. Dont feed too much, they got a small stomach.

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to buy big guppyg females?c328 used to have but not anymore.

WhiteAnt

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it shitting or tio constipation?

Alternate day is good enough.

He got dabian leh

Alternate day means feed once every 2 days? I feed everyday means overeat issit lol

Feed about 5 pellets a day will do. Dont feed too much, they got a small stomach.

Feed 5 pellets a day? :eek: issit way too much coz I only feed him once a day which is like a very small round piece of food and already buibui wor. Sometimes my mom also feed I think, so I think 5 pellets is too much? How big is one pellet?

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tankgunner

Honorary Member
Reaction score
IMO As long u know the basic all fishes that u can buy are for beginners~

beginners will think its ok to keep goldfish in this type of bowl. :o
goldfish-in-goldfish-bowl-with-weed-645258.jpg

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
beginners will think its ok to keep goldfish in this type of bowl. :o
goldfish-in-goldfish-bowl-with-weed-645258.jpg

Sadly until now with the help of the internet people still do silly stuff...

Wc with direct tap water, no filter, filter with just one pad(most tank set sold by lfs will only have one pad no medias), wash filter with tap water, they think as long as the fish can fit in the tank it's ok and so on...

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Know that the size of their stomach is about the size of their eyeball. This will serve as a good gauge on how much to feed. Some people will feed twice a day, some once a day. If twice a day, need to be mindful of the feeding interval. If feed once a day, can feel a little more. Also depends on your pallet size. You can also choose not to feed it one day a week for it to clear its stomach, or in case of overfeeding. Betta fish are generally hardy, so even if you don't feed them for a few days, they are still good.

FinchGuy

Master Member
Reaction score
Know that the size of their stomach is about the size of their eyeball. This will serve as a good gauge on how much to feed. Some people will feed twice a day, some once a day. If twice a day, need to be mindful of the feeding interval. If feed once a day, can feel a little more. Also depends on your pallet size. You can also choose not to feed it one day a week for it to clear its stomach, or in case of overfeeding. Betta fish are generally hardy, so even if you don't feed them for a few days, they are still good.

Good advice. Mine puasa every Saturday 😁 Two days if I spend the weekend in Malaysia.

WhiteAnt

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the kind advice! Because I don't want it to become too fat :crazy: it was very slim at the beginning but now like kinda overweight, duno will hbp anot lol

tankgunner

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Finally got to visit the 'new" seaview.
definitely bigger and brighter than the old one but nothing new. :o

nikm900

Reaction score
alligator gar for adoption

anyone interested in adopting an alligator gar from me? it has grown too large for my tank. anyone interested can pm me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.