[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZedMaster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noob here. Recently took out my boyu tank and bought 2 small ranchu. I remember years back it's only 3 dollars and now each cost 9dollars!!! Anyway put inside the tank and hola. Both die within 8 hours.

Haiz.

Its the water, highly likely.

Did u let the water sit in the tank for a few days before putting in the fishes?

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
Noob here. Recently took out my boyu tank and bought 2 small ranchu. I remember years back it's only 3 dollars and now each cost 9dollars!!! Anyway put inside the tank and hola. Both die within 8 hours.

Haiz.
Size of the tank?water conditioners?salt?filtration system?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Haiz.

Sound like you never add water conditioner and cycle your tank

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score

Haiz.

Didn't cycle the tank, correct?

tankgunner

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Haiz.

how big is your tank?
it takes about 30L for each ranchu in order to strive.

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
eErfQ5Tl.jpg

bLqucGWl.jpg

Anyone keen to take over this 2 ranchu?PM me.Size is 2.5-2.7inch excluding the tail

Any takers?Its a free adoption as long as you are serious in the hobby.

tankgunner

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Any takers?Its a free adoption as long as you are serious in the hobby.

better screen the adopter.
it will be a waste to see these 2 become feeders.

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
anyway u don't want already what
What kind of logic is this?They are pet fishes,not feeders.My objective is not to throw them away but to give them to people who have genuine love for pet fish and so they can continue to thrive.

unicr0ne

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of logic is this?They are pet fishes,not feeders.My objective is not to throw them away but to give them to people who have genuine love for pet fish and so they can continue to thrive.

ok, I will put them in a tank by themselves.

can give me?

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm what's wrong with my fish tank ah? I've been cleaning it weekly doing about 50-60% water change but after about 4-5 days the fish tank glass inside seems to get a bit dusty.very hazy white color thing on the glass but water looks ok. Is it algae?

ZedMaster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm what's wrong with my fish tank ah? I've been cleaning it weekly doing about 50-60% water change but after about 4-5 days the fish tank glass inside seems to get a bit dusty.very hazy white color thing on the glass but water looks ok. Is it algae?

It will turn green after a while.

That's common.

Some people put snails or sucker fish to counter that. I don't like those coz I don't like to see it sticking on the front glass. It's kinda ugly. I'd rather clean the glass.

Get a glass scraper from the shop that will make cleaning the glass easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.