[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
sigh i moving house. dunno how to move my fish tank. although it's just very small. Got about 10 shrimps inside. Thought of re-doing my fish tank also.

quite easy since yours is a small tank.
pack the shrimps into a bag.
the remaining water pack into another bag (don't throw the water away).

once reached your new house, use back the old tank water.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
I guess 2-4 years if you keep them well?

But you must minus off at least 1-2 years cos they might be around that age by the time they reach the LFS and waiting for you to bring them home.

can't be cos breeders or farms will released the guppies upon 3 months old.
they are matured enough to start breeding at the age liao.

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah... prime is one of the better ones

I am using the 2L version of what 4pxCSO is using.Thinking of jumping to another brand.

Prime or Safe is for anti-chlorine/chloromine and eliminates nitrate/nitrite and ammonia?

Which is the better one?

I have a bottle of powdered Seachem neutral regulator at home.Will that do the trick?

Last edited:

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use Safe is more economical. 1/4 tsp enough for big tanks. one small bottle i use many years lol

I am using the 2L version of what 4pxCSO is using.Thinking of jumping to another brand.

Prime or Safe is for anti-chlorine/chloromine and eliminates nitrate/nitrite and ammonia?

Which is the better one?

I have a bottle of powdered Seachem neutral regulator at home.Will that do the trick?

Last edited:

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, anyone knows if C328 selling? and roughly how much is the small bottle?

the LFS around bishan / amk i dun see it

Anything you buy in C328 florist is cheapest in the whole nation.

I've already done the comparison before. :s13:

And no need insist on seachem brand, other brands like API works equally good.

api-stress-coat-fish-tap-water-conditioner.jpg

Last edited:

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure but as long they can out breed than they die, I don't really care.
but 1 thing for sure, our hot weather will shorten their lifespan.

The platies are in a 90 x 45 x 50 tank in my study with 120 embers and 10 corys.

I always maintain their water temperature at below 26 degrees.

Each time after weekly water change,I run the AC in my study for an hour per week.Will that help them?

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when u use it, juz use a pinch enough for most tanks, safe to overdose but dun consistently do it lah.:o

So what does it do?How much does it cost?

https://www.seachem.com/safe.php

Safe™ is the complete and concentrated dry conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Safe™ removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. Safe™ converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. Safe™ may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Safe™ detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. Safe™ is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Safe™ will not overactivate skimmers. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anything you buy in C328 florist is cheapest in the whole nation.

I've already done the comparison before. :s13:

And no need insist on seachem brand, other brands like API works equally good.

too bad they are far from my house.

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when u use it, juz use a pinch enough for most tanks, safe to overdose but dun consistently do it lah.:o

https://www.seachem.com/safe.php

Safe™ is the complete and concentrated dry conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Safe™ removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. Safe™ converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. Safe™ may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Safe™ detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. Safe™ is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Safe™ will not overactivate skimmers. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water.

Argh! I just bought a 2L New Water Guard 2 weeks ago.Need to get rid of it before buying Safe.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is ok lah, like what other people mention, mostly all do the same thing, dun be too fixated on their marketing words on the bottles...lol

Ocean Free's New Water Guard leh?

Been using it for the last 13 years.

self plug my Vieja Zonatus rio jaltepac, i love american cichlids. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.