Status
Not open for further replies.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RpS5f7A.jpg

My previous tank when starting up

By the time I decomm I can sell off 8 tar bao boxes of Monte Carlo and dhg

The magic seed is not a full carpet soon they will go upwards no matter what and need to trim often that is what I read previously .

I bought from taobao one led lamp .. to algae scrub that one is power .. later see if I can get the link

AST brand that one in LFs cannot make it

pewpewpew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW if anyone has a large bunch of pond and pest snails (Malaysian trumpet included) pls pm me. I'm happy to buy from you.

I need to feed my puffers.

ahtom82

Reaction score
Is it advisable for me to remove all the carpet plants now since it's not aquatic plant?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

ljohn78

Reaction score
Anybody using k1 media? Where to buy and how much?
Hi pyro77.

K1 cost about $4 per kg if you buy 4kg package.

You can buy them almost anywhere. C328 have them.

K1 media is very efficient because of oxygen coming to very close contact with the aerobic nitrifying bacteria on the k1 media. Turbo boosting these bacteria at removing ammonia and nitrite.

But k1 media has low surface area compared to ceramic rings or sponge. So you really need to use alot of it to be of any meaningful purpose. This result in a need for sump to house the large volume of K1.

If you have 2 or 3 feet tank. Dont need k1. If you have 4 or larger tank and have high bio load, can consider k1 for maximum efficiency but at higher cost.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Last edited:

ljohn78

Reaction score
Is it advisable for me to remove all the carpet plants now since it's not aquatic plant?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Thought you want to wait and see? Just leave it since you already flood. When all of it float to surface then replant again?

Any how, mean time can document it down as an experiment for the benefits of other users next time.

ljohn78

Reaction score
I bought some vampire crabs and batik crabs. Haha
Damn cute
Congrats on new pets.

Where do you house them?

Both crabs are semi terrestrial. So they need land access and also a water aquarium.

Vampire crab need freshwater but batik crab need brackish water if not it will not live long. So they cant really be house together for ideal living condition.

kKupzE6l.jpg

ljohn78

Reaction score
Nice thread bros, I'm a noob, have a plastic 1ft tank, made a lot of beginner mistakes initially but now getting ready to move up to 2ft, planning to do planted.
Good job leveling up!

What do you plan to keep and to plant? We maybe able to advice.

ljohn78

Reaction score
What do you guys do when away for a week? How to feed?
Fish can go hungry for 5 to 7 days. They dont get to eat everyday in the wild.

If i go oversea for 1 week, which i do, i will feed heavy on the last day then change water. When i am back, the fish are still there. Just very hungry fish really excited and happy when i refeed them.

I dont own an automatic feeder.

Last edited:

ljohn78

Reaction score
Anybody want some Pearl Weed(Hemianthus Micranthemoides)?
Can i have them? I am starting a new 2 feet tank this coming week. Your pearl weed will give me a nice carpet.

ljohn78

Reaction score
Water must change ever so often?
So many fishy lover havent sleep.

Change 25 to 40% every week is the common rule for most. More feeding then change more.

In the wild, these fish live in flowing river etc that get water change every time it rain (which is often daily or seasonally) to dilute or wash away the toxic ammonia etc

Pewpewz

Reaction score
Can i have them? I am starting a new 2 feet tank this coming week. Your pearl weed will give me a nice carpet.

Ya i dont mind. I just did some trimming and got a handful of them. May want to get them asap tho

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi pyro77.

K1 cost about $4 per kg if you buy 4kg package.

You can buy them almost anywhere. C328 have them.

K1 media is very efficient because of oxygen coming to very close contact with the aerobic nitrifying bacteria on the k1 media. Turbo boosting these bacteria at removing ammonia and nitrite.

But k1 media has low surface area compared to ceramic rings or sponge. So you really need to use alot of it to be of any meaningful purpose. This result in a need for sump to house the large volume of K1.

If you have 2 or 3 feet tank. Dont need k1. If you have 4 or larger tank and have high bio load, can consider k1 for maximum efficiency but at higher cost.

I'm too cheap to pay for the acrylic container($38onwards) so i DIY

example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.