[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

denki76

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking of putting those moss balls while I'm on holiday so that when the Betta is really hungry it can feed on it. Will they?

And where to get nice looking Betta? Those aqaurium ard my area, the Bettas not nice looking

Yun Feng fish farm at pasir ris farmway area there has quite nice Betta

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asking the pros here, does goldfishes really need lots of space? I have a 3ft tank, five goldfishes inside, each around 1 inch plus, is it overcrowded?

Sent from 波多野结衣 using GAGT

Should be ok their max size should be abt 10''

as long enough size for them to swim and a good filter

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My son wants to keep Betta.
What are the essential things I need to keep Betta.
What do Betta eats
How big a tank I need?
Also, if we go for holiday which is around 5days to a week, how to make sure it won't die?

Really depend on the keeper, 1ft tank w/ a filter will be nice for a betta any granules fish food will do.

My Betta i keep it in a CNY SU830 container w/ no air pump and filter.

Betta is a hardy fish they can handle tough environment no food for them for a few days won't kill them maybe just overfed them do a water change before your trip.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have used tank, tap and also water left overnight. See the ammonia level spike up is stressful.

As long you have a good filtration system you don't need to worry about it.

Just remember to keep the beneficial bacteria alive, no need to keep washing your bio medias just wash the padding.

As Ammonia levels rise, another good bacteria grows that converts Ammonia to Nitrite. Although Nitrite is not as toxic as Ammonia, it is still harmful to fish. As Nitrite levels rise, another good bacteria grows that converts Nitrite to Nitrate. This process is called aquarium cycling or the aquarium nitrogen cycle.

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
Currently i doing weekly water change of 70% to 80%, is the frequency ok?

That's a lot. 50% should be max. You don't want to shock the fishes too much and changing that much water is a lot of environmental change for the fishes.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Asking the pros here, does goldfishes really need lots of space? I have a 3ft tank, five goldfishes inside, each around 1 inch plus, is it overcrowded?

1 inch is still ok but they will grow very fast and big esp oranda goldfish.
for them to strive, 30L per fish.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking of putting those moss balls while I'm on holiday so that when the Betta is really hungry it can feed on it. Will they?

And where to get nice looking Betta? Those aqaurium ard my area, the Bettas not nice looking

Try Iven Betta. Sure can find something to your liking.

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's a lot. 50% should be max. You don't want to shock the fishes too much and changing that much water is a lot of environmental change for the fishes.
Oh, noted on that. Thanks

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 inch is still ok but they will grow very fast and big esp oranda goldfish.
for them to strive, 30L per fish.
Hmmm, probably will get another tank and split if they grow too big. Hahahah. More excuses to buy another tank.

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what type of GF you keeping?
I got 3 ranchus and 2 orandas, not the good quality type. All chosen by my young child, it all started with my child wanting to have an aquarium. But now i am more attached to the hobby than my child. Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.