[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Brought moi kid to C328 that block to see those LFS.
An eye opener for him. After 1-2 hours walk, he settles for guppies... :s22:

Bought 2 males 3 females.... :s13:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brought moi kid to C328 that block to see those LFS.
An eye opener for him. After 1-2 hours walk, he settles for guppies... :s22:

Bought 2 males 3 females.... :s13:

Lucky he not tall enough to see the bettas :s13:

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
i love angel fish. very easy to keep, but need big tank cause they grow big.

elephant fish not easy to keep.

He actually wanted the angel fish or the elephant fish...

Altum for you sir. :)
in season now.

Group_of_Pterophyllum_Altum.jpg

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm, need to condition them properly..

and really depends on the batch that you got. sometimes LFS don't handle them properly. Buy already within 1 week sure mati.

Haha ya, I told him that our small tank can only keep small fishes which are also easy to rear....

So gave him choices like guppies, platies, tetras, danios...

Only see zebra danios and pink zebra danios in those shops which he is not interested. Then those feeder guppies also not very nice...

Saw some black/orange and red platies at I think polyart?

And also white plecos? Those small white and some with blue n pink on their body which is nice...

He settled for blue guppies which cost $1 for the females and 80cts for the males at C328....

He also asked if we can keep lobsters n crabs so next time can eat it....
:s13:

By the way, can I keep cherry shrimps with guppies ?

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
By the way, are the amonias and nitrates test kits necessary? I'm only keeping danios and guppies, I also had some nanas in the tank.

I will change 20% of the water weekly also.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Haha ya, I told him that our small tank can only keep small fishes which are also easy to rear....

So gave him choices like guppies, platies, tetras, danios...

Only see zebra danios and pink zebra danios in those shops which he is not interested. Then those feeder guppies also not very nice...

Saw some black/orange and red platies at I think polyart?

And also white plecos? Those small white and some with blue n pink on their body which is nice...

He settled for blue guppies which cost $1 for the females and 80cts for the males at C328....

He also asked if we can keep lobsters n crabs so next time can eat it....
:s13:

By the way, can I keep cherry shrimps with guppies ?

Can keep guppies and cherry together but need to give the shrimp hiding place.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way, are the amonias and nitrates test kits necessary? I'm only keeping danios and guppies, I also had some nanas in the tank.

I will change 20% of the water weekly also.

By right yes if not fishes will die unless u confidence on what to do you don't need the kit

just know what cause ammonia or nitrates? what can reduce it? what are the sign?

NitrogenCycle.jpg

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
By right yes if not fishes will die unless u confidence on what to do you don't need the kit

just know what cause ammonia or nitrates? what can reduce it? what are the sign?

NitrogenCycle.jpg

Ok , thank you
just check with you guys.

If there's a spike in nitrate, is there any tell tale signs? or only can know via testing kit?

Last edited:

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh yah, currently I only add chlorine removal in my changing water....

Then I see those in market, like Black Water, Anti Bacteria... Are those necessary as well?

Judgeshred

Reaction score
May I know how long can a fish go without food? My fish tank currently have 2 Kong Ming and one sucker. Currently, I have been feeding them once per week.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Found that keeping the aquarium doesn't seem like a bad idea, just hope that me won't get poison like cycling.... :s13:

When I bought him to C328 that block on Sat, he was so amazed and asked me when can change bigger tank .. :s13:

When we were back home with the guppies, he helped by making them a accustomed to the current aquarium. Then daily help to feed n monitor the fish...

Weekend got spare time, we sit and watch the fish behavior, he was surprised that the danio ate the fish poo. And how one danio keeps hiding at one corner when the guppies were introduced.

After a day, the danio finally came out from it's "cave" and mix with the rest of the fishes.. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.