[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks...but there is still room for improvements in both tanks.

Still looking to create a South American and Central American river settings in each tank someday.

i think the nanas i bought is too big, occupy the whole chunk of space in the middle... :s22:

mayb i will get some smaller plants which i saw in c328 and redecorate it... :s13:

f1y555

Master Member
Reaction score
How to maintain java fern? I have a low tech tank and my ferns keep turning brown...

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For carpet plants
Please make sure you know the regime to get them from emersed to submerse

1,2 grow dwarf hair grass but no chiller co2 the progress is super slow

If u really want try get their monte carlo this guy is the beginner mode , have ferts have lights it’s okay .

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think i will be cycling to seaview later if weather is good... :s13:

If you are going to be there later....Could you help me check out the condition of the assorted 60 cents platy?

Just make sure they are swimming around with no shaking heads and clamped fins.

Thanks a lot!

I have been trying to get 2 packs of Purigen and it is bloody hard to find that these few weeks.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are going to be there later....Could you help me check out the condition of the assorted 60 cents platy?

Thanks a lot!

I have been trying to get 2 packs of Purigen and it is bloody hard to find that these few weeks.

i see if i can take photos of the platies :D

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Covered tank and sump in cabinet . So about 2 liters a week not much issue. The sump will just nice need top up when it’s due for WC

And for the mold no choice one just wipe down.

Scrapping diatoms is my weakest link

Nice pics... you guys have any issues with evaporation and mold?

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But a bottle from Jzx and put in some marine filter bags

Much cheaper

Thanks a lot!

Acetone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s my biggest pet peeve, the moisture makes my home moldy, and the walls around my tank gets damp.

Worse is some of the luxury bags and shoes get mold.. zzz

Covered tank and sump in cabinet . So about 2 liters a week not much issue. The sump will just nice need top up when it’s due for WC

And for the mold no choice one just wipe down.

Scrapping diatoms is my weakest link

Acetone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, any recommendations for LFS that sells nice moss- fissidens, Pella, etc

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s my biggest pet peeve, the moisture makes my home moldy, and the walls around my tank gets damp.

Worse is some of the luxury bags and shoes get mold.. zzz

my house also quite moldy, and because i need to maintain a piano, i have no choice but get a dehumidifier (Novita)... :s13:

ljohn78

Reaction score
Because Chloramine, unlike Chlorine, in our water does not dissipate over time, no matter how many days you rest the water.

I beg to differ. Chloroamine do eventually get decomposed away from the water just like chlorine. It is just longer.

You can put a pail of water in a quiet, cool and dark corner of your house. Check it daily till you see mosquitoe larva. That is about the amount of day for the water in your house to become safe for fish.

ljohn78

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions! I have Java moss already tied to a rock in my tank. They can be used as carpet plant too? How do I attach it to the soil?

Right now I have Java ferns, swordplant, java moss, a tall grass-like plant that I can't tell is what species (bought in a $1.50 pot).

I also have two pots of grass-like plants (about 10cm tall) that has no visible roots (was shocked) that I just trimmed and planted into the soil.

Do you know where can I get Dwarf saggarita and how is it sold (e.g. pots)?

Please check out the youtube video on how to do a java moss carpet. It is quite easy and the carpet will last forever. Minimum fuss. But do take note, java moss need colder water. A fan blowing the tank will achieve the necessary temperature but the draw back is high rate of evaporation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOnWJGJuyg

Check out this website for more pics and ideas.
https://blog.aquariuminfo.org/java-moss-care-tips-moss-carpets/

Dwarf sagg is somtime available at C328, arowana avenue shop.
Dwarf sagg look like this:
81X2k0mPZTL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.