[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro i planning to use those bottles of API products i bought on impulse, Stress Coat, Quick Start and Stress Zymes. I totally forgot about Seachem products when i was at C328 last week. If dun use sibei sayang.. waste $$

Actually if you aerate a tank of water over three days, you do not need Stress Coat, etc.

As for tapwater, you need to measure the PH. Aquamedic PH minus is recommended to lower PH. Your new soil have the capability to stablise the PH but introduction of water, you need something stable.

So maybe get a plastic tank with air pump and air stone, you can put cool boiled water. I keep them in 1.5L bottle without aeration. I use them to top up the tank.

Now TDS wise, I use NTUC Pure drinking water, 1 carton cost you $5.90 online. 1 NTUC bottle vs 3 bottle of boiled water/3 days aerated tap water.
https://www.fairprice.com.sg/water

TDS if you control it properly, cleanliness should not be an issue.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought 10 platinum rummynose yesterday and this morning 1 of them looked not well.
>> Seems like having difficulty to swim fluidly and whole body color is off.. more like cloud white colour. It also has difficulty to keep position at a static spot - tend to float to the surface where it will then swim abit to go lower. This get repeated frequently.

Haiz... Dunno if I injured it when catching it or the trip home. The rest of the 9 join in the school of existing 10 normal rummynose easily

Quarantine then treat and see how lor...

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought 10 platinum rummynose yesterday and this morning 1 of them looked not well.
>> Seems like having difficulty to swim fluidly and whole body color is off.. more like cloud white colour. It also has difficulty to keep position at a static spot - tend to float to the surface where it will then swim abit to go lower. This get repeated frequently.

Haiz... Dunno if I injured it when catching it or the trip home. The rest of the 9 join in the school of existing 10 normal rummynose easily

When was last water change? Any Carbon dioxide feeding to the tank? I guess water parameters.

I do not know the habit of rummynose, hard to diagnose from it's behavior.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha actually many years ago when i rearing african cichlids in 3 ft tank. Always bought my stuff from C328 aunty/uncle and also Polyart. 8 years nv go back so many new shops pop up such as Arowana Ave and LFS. But i must say, Koji from LFS is also very knowledgable. He advised me on the tank, soil to buy. Also recommended me which products to use. But didnt buy more cuz already got API stuff.

Just curious, C328 the uncle no longer working? Now got a few new faces..

It's been a while, I haven't been to C328 for a while too. I frequent Y618 more.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The soil im using give out ammonia, so i need not use prawn to start the nitrogen cycle. As mentioned by the store owner

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The soil im using give out ammonia, so i need not use prawn to start the nitrogen cycle. As mentioned by the store owner

I don't use prawn to start the nitrogen cycle. You are paying a lot of attention on details.

1ft is least tolerance.

With regards to Green GEX Soil
http://www.gex-fp.co.jp/english/fish/catalog/stratum/index.html

Features:
Grains formulated from natural volcanic soil. High in water retention and oxygen, grows roots strong and long.

In short, it is roots centric. What was your objective?

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
25% water fill, one week. You can add boil water daily, make sure you cool off. One week later can start planting. Following two weeks, slowly increase the water. Once over 50% you can intro bacteria. Three weeks later if the plants are healthy and growing nicely, you can start adding fish.

I recommend you pair up with oto. Oto are sensitive fish, if water parameter is out, they die. Those bottles below....try not to use them that frequently. Tank is too small. Small tank very little water parameter tolerance, little bit they go out easily.

You plan to add seachem stuffs?

Soil is okay.

Oto is schooling fish so 2 or more will be good~

cybstorm

Reaction score
Haha actually many years ago when i rearing african cichlids in 3 ft tank. Always bought my stuff from C328 aunty/uncle and also Polyart. 8 years nv go back so many new shops pop up such as Arowana Ave and LFS. But i must say, Koji from LFS is also very knowledgable. He advised me on the tank, soil to buy. Also recommended me which products to use. But didnt buy more cuz already got API stuff.

Just curious, C328 the uncle no longer working? Now got a few new faces..
The uncle has his own shop liao. Toh aquarium at kallang Bahru. More spacious with good and healthy live stock too.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly for beginner , it really pays to use the tried and tested ada .
Follow the steps u will never go wrong . The lure is always buy here and there but the issue will always come when u are a green horn. Cos the parameters are not easy to track down when u using so many various products with varying factors.

Bleed once got confident using ada then slowly learn and adapt . You can see many Carousell quitters sell equiptment cos got to adventurous and fail planting . Co2 and chiller not must have but it really ups the success rate .

Sadly I forgot to take pictures of my decommed 3,1,1, planted. Manage to sell 10+ takeaway boxes of DHG and 2 inch thick Monte Carlo .

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro did you use your solar system to run your aquarium?

I didn't but basically the tanks runs on low wattage and low amperage stuffs, you can check your own equipment. Apart from large eheim which might consume more, unless you are powering a fridge(chiller) there for cooling, else running cost in terms of electricity should be minimum.

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oto is schooling fish so 2 or more will be good~

I'd say two to three is good. My otos used to hide separately. Only food time then they come together.

Oto last as long as the ph is stable. If PH is out just a bit, it will run wild. That's how it expressed itself, if you ignore, it will die.

My current otos are still hiding I usually cannot find them.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly for beginner , it really pays to use the tried and tested ada .
Follow the steps u will never go wrong . The lure is always buy here and there but the issue will always come when u are a green horn. Cos the parameters are not easy to track down when u using so many various products with varying factors.

Bleed once got confident using ada then slowly learn and adapt . You can see many Carousell quitters sell equiptment cos got to adventurous and fail planting . Co2 and chiller not must have but it really ups the success rate .

Sadly I forgot to take pictures of my decommed 3,1,1, planted. Manage to sell 10+ takeaway boxes of DHG and 2 inch thick Monte Carlo .

Yum Yum....you got taste. Ada soil I use them too. Amazonia, Malaya, Africana. I use GEX Red pack for Yellow Hump back shrimp. Real darkish look that highlight the shrimps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.