[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No worries, it is when it breaks down, that's the problem. So I use lazy man solution instead. Lazy man solution should be applied with wisdom. Hee Hee. You are not alone. Although I sound contradicting myself sometimes.

Only azoo brand good for betta? Other brand no good? also what about azoo TRIPLE black water :s13:

Last edited:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of attitude? I find Y618 was ok...same range of fish?

Ask them questions they won't reply dunno is because they are not experienced enough to answer or just arrogant

I tried ketapang pick from roadside but scared bacteria, pesticide etc
Now got sell ketapang extract also but abit exp

I also got those ketapang in bags , slowly using

Understand blackwater is another alternative so looking into it... hmm...

Normally I will boil it then dry in the sun

Black water is lazy man water. Ketapang leaf is for the diligent fish owner. =:p

True, and budget keepers like me. :(

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask them questions they won't reply dunno is because they are not experienced enough to answer or just arrogant

Normally I will boil it then dry in the sun

True, and budget keepers like me. :(

Better safe then sorry
My betta precious :s13:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only azoo brand good for betta? Other brand no good? also what about azoo TRIPLE black water :s13:

http://www.azoo-aqua.com/product-list.asp?pd_type=338&pd_kind=826

Different LFS carries different brands. Of course got other brands, but I find Azoo one better to use. At least my fish like them. Use only at initial water adding stage, later part it is being use at minimum.

Take a stroll at the page. Good for knowledge too. It gives an account of what they does.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.azoo-aqua.com/product-list.asp?pd_type=338&pd_kind=826

Different LFS carries different brands. Of course got other brands, but I find Azoo one better to use. At least my fish like them. Use only at initial water adding stage, later part it is being use at minimum.

Take a stroll at the page. Good for knowledge too. It gives an account of what they does.

their website boh triple black water lei... hmm

maybe tmr go 328 ssrr

btw any1 who went c328 polyart got see the brandless black water? $3 one.

Last edited:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their website boh triple black water lei... hmm

maybe tmr go 328 ssrr

btw any1 who went c328 polyart got see the brandless black water? $3 one.

Last time they got sell cheap ketapang leave maybe u can buy from them

hamikua

Reaction score
Can go their other branch at Changi. Same price also
Y618 too small, feel very suffocated
Changi branch got 2 units and all items displayed neatly, very nice shopping experience

What kind of attitude? I find Y618 was ok...same range of fish?

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how long must i soak the plants in salt water solution? Just boiled water and pour into the aquarium sea salt, after it cooled down i poured into the pail of water where i soaked my plant in. Its been 30 min liao.. so not sure how long to soak haha

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how long must i soak the plants in salt water solution? Just boiled water and pour into the aquarium sea salt, after it cooled down i poured into the pail of water where i soaked my plant in. Its been 30 min liao.. so not sure how long to soak haha

Wash the leaves like vegetable, gently rub with the mix water. Then use another pail of water to wash it. You can either opt for 10mins operation or usually what I do is to soak it overnight. Next day must wash thoroughly since I using anti snail solution which are heavy metal in content.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what floating plant can survive under low light? my anubias leaves died alr , only got room light no tank light :s22:

duckweed? red root floater plant can anot ah
or maybe i just throw some java moss let it float and thats it

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what floating plant can survive under low light? my anubias leaves died alr , only got room light no tank light :s22:

duckweed? red root floater plant can anot ah

What you mean by low light? Get a pasat malam E27 light set, roughly ±$10 from hardware shop. Buy a CFL Bulb, say 20-25W you get 6500K light spectrum light liao.

If it floats, it should receive light nearest dio bo?

Hornwort if not rooted can leave it on top. But if your water is heavy with nutrients, it will grow like weed. Hee Hee, you check this link:

https://www.theaquariumguide.com/articles/benefits-of-having-floating-aquarium-plants
(at bottom of page)

Last edited:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i soak bleach it will kill snails, snail eggs, algae and parasites

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What you mean by low light? Get a pasat malam E27 light set, roughly ±$10 from hardware shop. Buy a CFL Bulb, say 20-25W you get 6500K light spectrum light liao.

If it floats, it should receive light nearest dio bo?

Hornwort if not rooted can leave it on top. But if your water is heavy with nutrients, it will grow like weed. Hee Hee, you check this link:

https://www.theaquariumguide.com/articles/benefits-of-having-floating-aquarium-plants
(at bottom of page)

what i mean is.. what floating plant will survive under room light only

my anubias leaves rot liao but my java fern to driftwood still going strong..knn dunno what happen

was thinking but tank light. about 12. 22cm
also need do 328 buy liao. tiagong got java moss. i know got duckweed. maybe that one also can.

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i mean is.. what floating plant will survive under room light only

my anubias leaves rot liao but my java fern to driftwood still going strong..knn dunno what happen

was thinking but tank light. about 12. 22cm
also need do 328 buy liao. tiagong got java moss. i know got duckweed. maybe that one also can.

Can take a pict of the tank showing the full depth of the soil? Frontal view. Slightly slant in to show the entire bed?

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can take a pict of the tank showing the full depth of the soil? Frontal view. Slightly slant in to show the entire bed?

no soil. anubias floating. java fern tied to driftwood.
anyway. have removed those rotting one and did 100% water change. now on the lookout for other type of floaters for betta to hide in.

thinking of
hornwort as per suggested
duckweed
java moss
water sprite.

leaning towards java moss... just need go 328 hunt

Last edited:

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can pls share what kind of bleach or anti snail solution?? Better if got picture sample. Thanks thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.