[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no soil. anubias floating. java fern tied to driftwood.

If Ammonia presence first thing is water got smell. I do not know how hard is your water. Neither do I have an idea of the PH level. Whilst I know you have anubias disease, no information to diagnose.

Basically most people cut away the affected area to isolate issue. Anubias is normally tied to driftwood or lava rock or planted in aquatic soil.

In Western countries, though they are using sand and gravels, the underlay part is a bit similar to the previous tank I posted. Instead of bacter, they have fertilizer base. I tried this setup once on a 3ft, it is workable but water is pretty dirty at the initial stage. Sand sucking is always done at maintenance to remove unwanted "fish food leftover/fish poo/plants debris/driftwood debris", etc.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can pls share what kind of bleach or anti snail solution?? Better if got picture sample. Thanks thanks!!

I threw mine away, too potent. Not careful can kill fish. Reacts with activated carbon filter. So didn't have any picture. It was a small bottle. Polyart has them, you can go and take a look.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Ammonia presence first thing is water got smell. I do not know how hard is your water. Neither do I have an idea of the PH level. Whilst I know you have anubias disease, no information to diagnose.

Basically most people cut away the affected area to isolate issue. Anubias is normally tied to driftwood or lava rock or planted in aquatic soil.

In Western countries, though they are using sand and gravels, the underlay part is a bit similar to the previous tank I posted. Instead of bacter, they have fertilizer base. I tried this setup once on a 3ft, it is workable but water is pretty dirty at the initial stage. Sand sucking is always done at maintenance to remove unwanted "fish food leftover/fish poo/plants debris/driftwood debris", etc.

oh i tot anubias also can float? thats why they is pestplant cause can float far and wide...?

yup i throw away those rotting one liao. one pack $1 only anyway.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can pls share what kind of bleach or anti snail solution?? Better if got picture sample. Thanks thanks!!

roll the dice and just put after soak in salt soln.

still scared put in another tank/container for 1wk see got snail or not

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh i tot anubias also can float? thats why they is pestplant cause can float far and wide...?

yup i throw away those rotting one liao. one pack $1 only anyway.

(scratch head)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubias

It is meant to be planted....I go bluescreen if you ask me to float it...:D

Each type of anubias has their own water parameter requirement, same with fish. So matching must be as close as possible.

BossQ

Reaction score
Anyone grow Wolffia for feeds and able to share some to grow on my own?

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
40504681_10157732278838146_4531186206607671296_n.jpg

saw this... when ur CO dont let u keep fish:s13:

:(:(:(

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if scare to use bleach u also can try hydrogen peroxide

Actually, a few things can try. Bleach I use it when washing entire tank, thoroughly type. Or if to remove algae from filter. As in full wash regime. Full wash means must restart bacteria colony.

Hydrogen peroxide I have....forgot I use it for what purpose...lol.

Lastly is Seachem excel, using syringe, water submerged inject on algae leaves to remove algae. It is applied at minute level.

f1y555

Master Member
Reaction score
Eh where can buy these products?? Can share?
Like what brand of bleach to buy from NTUC or where to get hydrogen peroxide in SG??
Bleach just buy from ntuc lo. Hydrogen peroxide can buy from pharmacies like guardian or watson.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh where can buy these products?? Can share?
Like what brand of bleach to buy from NTUC or where to get hydrogen peroxide in SG??

Clorox -> Giant, NTUC, ShengXiong, Cheapo shop (other brands, 4.2-4.8L size)

Seachem Prime -> Y618, AquaStar, Polyart, Clementi Flourist, other fine LFS.

Hydrogen Peroxide -> Guardian Pharmacy, Watsons, NTUC Pharmacy.
(used medically as anti-septic for open wounds) Lushpro brand also have hydrogen peroxide.

You can get syringe from Pharmacy whilst you there. It should come in seal formed.

8851843645470.jpg

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it ok if i soak in salt solution for more than days? the plant wont die right?

Planted tank need very diverse knowledge.

This is a cheat sheet.
9vk0883bcc701.jpg

Water hardness, PH level, TDS level, various Nutrients level. Feeding plant is more complex than feeding fish. Levels are at minute level using syringe, sometimes dosing 0.5ml (roughly a drop from syringe) up to 3ml.

First you need to know plant name, it's origin environment.

Normally you look at fish, look at it's environment then search for related plants in that environment. Although fish might sometimes be farm breed, bring back the origin makes the fish feels secure and comfortable. So it isn't happy happy mixing.

So if you dip it in salt water say 7 days, I think the plant will not be happy, likely to rot.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, when u purchase new plants from those fish stores right, some come tied together with solid soil right.. when plant them inside ur tank, do u just bury everything underneath the gravel or you guys untie it from the soil and plant one by one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.