[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soak the leaves only or also the soil that tied to it?

Usually it is cotton that they are tied to. Cotton will rot the roots over time, hence it is discarded.

Only lava rocks which are mineral rocks people re-uses them. Driftwood....usually we treat it to a hot water bath, plants bought with driftwood tied, you have to take a risk. Either untie, treat with hot water then tie up or take a risk and treat it together.

Plants are washed by rubbing them gently using fingers, in the process some debris will bound to happen.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rocks, when choosing, it may be from a pallet, it may be from a deck, etc. etc. It depends on shop selling them, or even depends on the place you found them.

bzHI5YZ.jpg

Rocks are known for it's multiple faces. In order to find the best combi, you have to keep turning them, flip it upside down, turn left turn right. All in all, you do your own simulation first before actually inserting into the tank. Like the long piece front right, you can make it stand to give a different statement. Skinny bottom, heavy top, Heavy bottom, skinny top, both way tells a different story.

Rocks can be placed by the side glass of the tank, so if your tank is acrylic, best you go for driftwood tank instead of putting rocks.

Jon988

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought a diy co2 set from taobao but unable to set it up... I'm using artificial vinegar and baking soda. The bottle with the vinegar feels very very tight and full of pressure but the pressure gauge needle doesn't move up much. I believe it's due to the needle valve but I'm not sure how to operate the needle valve. Advice would be much appreciated...:)

cK7MqMy.jpg

T5Zd4kP.jpg

Edit: loosened the needle valve and almost all the vinegar went into the baking soda bottle.. tons of CO2 came out. Anybody can educate on how to operate the system?

Last edited:

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi besides java fern and anubias nana, any other hardy aquatic plants that can survive SG hot weather

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought a diy co2 set from taobao but unable to set it up... I'm using artificial vinegar and baking soda. The bottle with the vinegar feels very very tight and full of pressure but the pressure gauge needle doesn't move up much. I believe it's due to the needle valve but I'm not sure how to operate the needle valve. Advice would be much appreciated...:)

cK7MqMy.jpg

T5Zd4kP.jpg

Edit: loosened the needle valve and almost all the vinegar went into the baking soda bottle.. tons of CO2 came out. Anybody can educate on how to operate the system?

Dump your vinegar, retry, Boil hot water, add a lot of sugar until saturation point. You need to make sure keep stirring. Once you get your sugar solution ready, pour a bit of yeast powder. Yeast powder Giant can buy liao. Oh yah...cool the sugar solution. Use pot will do.

Yeast powder die die must keep very very dry if unuse.

Sugar solution + yeast. That's it. You can shake if you want to. It will react within an hour or two. Roughly two weeks, then punctuated state in the 3rd week.

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi besides java fern and anubias nana, any other hardy aquatic plants that can survive SG hot weather

Okay floating plant...free de. Khoo Teck Puat Hospital pond. Can reach or not, you by luck hor. Plastic put a bit of the pond water....I really mean a bit enough.

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't waste time with the diy CO2. Just get a second hand CO2 canister that comes with a manual gauge. Much cheaper over a long period.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

cK7MqMy.jpg

T5Zd4kP.jpg

Can take video of it?

btw if u never release the pressure it will chichaboom

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to have the standard setup

example

j3y9iQD.jpg

but i'm lazy to tune the pressure for the 2nd bottle so i end up using 1 bottle.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hardware shop got those metal bowl or metal server (baking use), can put inside instead of paper bag. Easier to pour spill and maintain.

i put in paper&plastic bag to reduce the dmg because i scare will chichaboom

imagine sugar and yeast spreading around the place

tZO8Rh.gif

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay I mentioned CFL lighting before. Well, don't limit your imagination.

It is possible to make lighting cheap and easy to replace.

oLxwZin.jpg

$20 budget means you'd have spare lamp as well.
qnbuqZi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.