[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At the back. Near bagging counter, hanging at the side where aunty put goldfish.

The plant in the pic is not java fern. Green spot is common. Use nerite snails. Maybe too much light or nutrients. I mainly have them on glass but i dont really care, cause not alot.

Not the crypt i recommend. It can even be floated.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Ok swee thanks !!

Also does java moss float or sink? I read online some ppl moss float some sink :s11:

How to make it float if it sinks? I read online can use cork?

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You need very fine fishing string. Tie it to something.

As for growth, Seachem nitrogen, Seachem trace element dosing. Occasionally Seachem Flourish, not too much, too much you will regret.

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So again, this picture.

m8IAi2p.jpg

Plants can be segregated into different areas if you want to. When you take a picture and it show up very greenish, it does mean the plants are healthy. Yah...I know my hands need to be upgraded to avoid shaky picture....ha ha.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You need very fine fishing string. Tie it to something.

As for growth, Seachem nitrogen, Seachem trace element dosing. Occasionally Seachem Flourish, not too much, too much you will regret.

I got nth to tie it to ah. Also use the string I scared fish bang into it ??:s22:

Growth not impt to me, no compulsory right ?
If u don’t touch it how u clean ur tank :eek:

Last edited:

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Got see dao charbor betta? I still on the lookout...
:s13:

There are many bettas there, out side the shop in a pail, inside also have, got high SES one to low, also got females...

Saw many tanks.... Backside itchy to get bigger ones...

Wanted to see if got ferns tied on stones, but all ish tie to wood...

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are many bettas there, out side the shop in a pail, inside also have, got high SES one to low, also got females...

Saw many tanks.... Backside itchy to get bigger ones...

Wanted to see if got ferns tied on stones, but all ish tie to wood...
The Pail one Is what I want
Got alot ? Eg over 30 liddat .
There no stone one. At most coconut.

Just get the bigger tank.... lai... :s13:

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
The Pail one Is what I want
Got alot ? Eg over 30 liddat .
There no stone one. At most coconut.

Just get the bigger tank.... lai...
:s13:

Yes there are 2 pail full of it outside the shop....
Can slowly choose, definitely more than 30 of them if combined....

Breadtoast

Reaction score
Used to keep a 4ft planted tank, but that was more than 10 years ago.

Stopped because no time to maintain, and the tank was starting to leak and the cabinet was starting to fall apart. That's the problem when you buy from those local shops that DIY their own tanks. And it was very expensive, paid $1,200 for the tank.

Used a metal halide lamp and Amano CO2 system I bought in Japan. Really loved to see my plants grow and bubble and my fish all happily swimming around. Even managed to breed the Cichlids.

who are the tank mates?

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after 2 days of tubifex feeding each day x2 time. my 2 feet tank get cloudy water easily even though the fishes finish them in less than 5 min.

What can i do to improve the water condition? I been doing daily water change of 10 to 30 %.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after 2 days of tubifex feeding each day x2 time. my 2 feet tank get cloudy water easily even though the fishes finish them in less than 5 min.

What can i do to improve the water condition? I been doing daily water change of 10 to 30 %.

Scoop into another container and feed them in that container then transfer fry back to original tank

ljohn78

Reaction score

Is your tank cycled?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a piece of spider wood from Clementi, now soaking it in hot water.

MehJJ9i.jpg

Also my empty tank.. cycling for a week liao. :s22:

aYS3wIO.jpg

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tubi you need to change water before feeding. tubi usually lfs expose them to air so that no need to air pump them.

As for main tank, main tank need good filter to maintain tubi feeding tank. If main tank got soil bed, tubi can reproduce itself. Additional HOF is a good choice.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a piece of spider wood from Clementi, now soaking it in hot water.

MehJJ9i.jpg

Also my empty tank.. cycling for a week liao. :s22:

aYS3wIO.jpg

Move the lamp away from air stone path. LED dun like jumping water droplet. LED will die easily.

Water can be lower. When planting, scoup out and pail the water, plants will be exposed to max lighting to develop their roots.

养水,养植物,养鱼。 In sequence.

Far side can add stone, near side depends how your driftwood going to face. Driftwood and stone can combo. Keep turning the face until they look matching to you.

Driftwood please give it a thorough boiling hot water bath. wear shoe protect your legs. Kills fungus.

Last edited:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went C328. Buy 5 female betta. $7. All got horizontal stress lines :(

Come back jiatao quarantine in smaller su container. Add salt water, x2 stress coat. Seachem Paraguard. For 7 days see got improvement or not

Also bought 2 bag java moss.
How use string prop it up? I got fishing string !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.