[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went C328. Buy 5 female betta. $7. All got horizontal stress lines :(

Come back jiatao quarantine in smaller su container. Add salt water, x2 stress coat. Seachem Paraguard. For 7 days see got improvement or not

Also bought 2 bag java moss.
How use string prop it up? I got fishing string !

U can use cloth threads.... It will break down after sometime so that u don't need to go cut it after the moss are rooted whatever u tied it to.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can use cloth threads.... It will break down after sometime so that u don't need to go cut it after the moss are rooted whatever u tied it to.

But I want it to float, tie to simi ahh? :s11: styrofoam can? On left right and middle ?

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went C328. Buy 5 female betta. $7. All got horizontal stress lines :(

Come back jiatao quarantine in smaller su container. Add salt water, x2 stress coat. Seachem Paraguard. For 7 days see got improvement or not

A lot of fishes die due to PH stress, again you must rear your water hor. Water temperature best to maintain 26C or so using just fan alone.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of fishes die due to PH stress, again you must rear your water hor. Water temperature best to maintain 26C or so using just fan alone.

Bo thermometer but I’m keeping the fish in the same room as where I’m keeping my existing betta
Afte 1 wk if no fish mati I will xfer to my tank all 5 tgt ! Hopefully... then need fight fire again if one too siao on

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey fish loving edmwers, do you think the hdb fish tank is too small for the amount of kois?

Yeap. Koi need pond actually. If you go fish farm to see, best at Pasir Ris fish farms

Photo taken at Fish Farm. They get very big. Some are like old God Class Koi, I can tell you that.
IgEdb3r.jpg

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bo thermometer but I’m keeping the fish in the same room as where I’m keeping my existing betta
Afte 1 wk if no fish mati I will xfer to my tank all 5 tgt ! Hopefully... then need fight fire again if one too siao on

I use hand to measure most of the time.

Thermometer got sticker type. One normal size thermometer in the fish tank, see liao very ba song. Sticker type you can stick it to the side away from front view.

PH got submerged type, the liquid need to put in first before submerge. C328 got sell....both Polyart and Clementi Flourist. But Clementi Flourist is a jungle, you need to hunt for it and it is most likely hanging somewhere.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use hand to measure most of the time.

Thermometer got sticker type. One normal size thermometer in the fish tank, see liao very ba song. Sticker type you can stick it to the side away from front view.

PH got submerged type, the liquid need to put in first before submerge. C328 got sell....both Polyart and Clementi Flourist. But Clementi Flourist is a jungle, you need to hunt for it and it is most likely hanging somewhere.

For now I think I work with what I have bah ... heh

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of external filters work this way. So actually depends what kind of filter media you be putting there. E.g. activated charcoal.

I put the standard filter media in my Ecco Pro 300 and Pro 3 600 and just add a pack of Purigen each.

Is it better than any Eheim filter?

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I put the standard filter media in my Ecco Pro 300 and Pro 3 600 and just add a pack of Purigen each.

Is it better than any Eheim filter?

Eheim, Jebo, are branded. Even HOF got brands, GEX, Totto, Jebo, etc.
Just use whatever within your means. You need to put a water catching container. Sometimes you need to open and water spills. So best to have a baking tray like, those for big piece of char kway type. Normal hardware, kitchenware shop can find.

Newbie12

Reaction score
would recommend that you get a grp of dwarf chain loaches, maybe around 5. they grow small - 5cm or so. totally eradicated my snail problem. they feed to commercial food too, so won't go hungry if they can't find any snails.
They look cute! And small enough for my tank. Know which shop sells them? I been to sea view last week. Dun think I see this.

I'm also using gravel. Not sand. Suitable?
Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Last edited:

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Went C328. Buy 5 female betta. $7. All got horizontal stress lines
:(

:love: glad that u found ur bettas... How to see horizontal stress lines?

Posted from PCWX using MI MAX 2

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:love: glad that u found ur bettas... How to see horizontal stress lines?

Posted from PCWX using MI MAX 2

Like someone take pencil and shade a thick line across its body
Nxt time to 328 u go scoop a few females and see, very obvious one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.