[Official] Home Automation Thread

shinoku2

Reaction score
Anyone managed to successfully pair aqara h1 non neutral china version switches with m1s hub china version? I tired to pair the hub successfully but couldn't find the h1 switches or when I added it is under zigbee child devices where I can't even connect the switches

Reaction score
1 device can have several entities
Example if it’s 3 gang switch, then got 3 entities (light switch 1 & 2, fan switch 3).
If you turn on by device, then it will toggle all 3 entities

You can edit the area with the pencil icon next to device name
08-F7-A9-FD-1-EE7-4523-B25-E-7137312-C3-BD5.jpg
Silly question again..
First pic is device screen
eyliMy5.png

When I double click dimmer
O1C1d9v.png

The Controls I named it as telly light. Is this correct? For this example 1 device 1 dimmer.

What about when I enhance using Alexa.. Do I say Turn on Dimmer Light or telly light.
A bit confused about this.

Side track..,
What is the Alarm Type and Over-load status? Are these useful?
X0I8qn1.png

Thanks

ferbulous

Reaction score
Silly question again..
First pic is device screen
eyliMy5.png

When I double click dimmer
O1C1d9v.png

The Controls I named it as telly light. Is this correct? For this example 1 device 1 dimmer.

What about when I enhance using Alexa.. Do I say Turn on Dimmer Light or telly light.
A bit confused about this.

Side track..,
What is the Alarm Type and Over-load status? Are these useful?
X0I8qn1.png

Thanks
with alexa, it's usually the entity name

Not sure about those not visible entities

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
does anyone have experience with tuya relay and bto 2 way lighting wiring?

couldnt find wiring diagram and i dont understand what hdb provided. so no idea if its possible.

this is what it looks like wired up but without knowing the existing wiring i dunno what to do.

Whats-App-Image-2022-12-02-at-12-07-28-PM.jpg

ferbulous

Reaction score
does anyone have experience with tuya relay and bto 2 way lighting wiring?

couldnt find wiring diagram and i dont understand what hdb provided. so no idea if its possible.

this is what it looks like wired up but without knowing the existing wiring i dunno what to do.

Whats-App-Image-2022-12-02-at-12-07-28-PM.jpg
Not tuya, but i did install this to my 2 way so i don’t have to add additional wires

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtgp7Pm
H534333a17873441297f1e05d5c8d2d59u.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Hcff9a2afc8db488399e3204a5a695ec6U.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

assuming you have 2 way wiring like 1st pic
then you’ll need to add 3 more wires for your module:
1) live wire -> module
2) extra wire for switch -> S1
3) and of course neutral wire -> module

Slavor

Reaction score
Hi all, need some urgent advice. I managed to pair my China bought D1s to a locally bought hub previously. However when I tried to re-pair one of the D1s today, I received an error that the D1 cannot be used in this region code:068. The D1 was working fine before I tried to re-pair. Any work arounds?

Moral of the story is that if it isn’t broken don’t fix it.
Hey everyone, thought I bump up this post from a few months back.

Anyone managed to find a solution for this? My D1 switch got reset accidentally so it doesn’t appear in my Aqara app anymore 🥲

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, thought I bump up this post from a few months back.

Anyone managed to find a solution for this? My D1 switch got reset accidentally so it doesn’t appear in my Aqara app anymore 🥲
Solution is buy another hub matching the switch region I guess.

Alternately for me I use HomeKit, the switch doesn’t show up in aqara app when you try to pair but the hub will still pass it through to HomeKit. (I presume it would work the same for google home as well but I’m not sure).

shinoku2

Reaction score
Anyone managed to successfully pair aqara h1 non neutral china version switches with m1s hub china version? I tired to pair the hub successfully but couldn't find the h1 switches or when I added it is under zigbee child devices where I can't even connect the switches
Bumping up,still having issues

Bweebweee

Reaction score
This thread level too high for me. Anyone got suggestions for me or where to source?

My requirements are just to control a few switches from my room, like corridor light, kitchen light and/or living room light. Can either use a hub or panel in the room, or by handphone app.

I've read about either using a smart bulb or using switchbot. Smart switches look a little bit more complicated to install. Any recommendations or what products to search for?

ferbulous

Reaction score
This thread level too high for me. Anyone got suggestions for me or where to source?

My requirements are just to control a few switches from my room, like corridor light, kitchen light and/or living room light. Can either use a hub or panel in the room, or by handphone app.

I've read about either using a smart bulb or using switchbot. Smart switches look a little bit more complicated to install. Any recommendations or what products to search for?
if you’re going with smart bulb and not messing with switches. Then you don’t need switchbot because you need to keep the smart bulb powered.

basically you leave the wall switch on, and use zigbee scene switch to do whatever you need with the smart bulbs (toggle on/ofd, dimming, change colors)

just for aesthetic, you could cover the switch like this

https://john.beardon.net/uk-smart-lighting-switch-cover/
So you’d need something like tuya zigbee hub, zigbee/wifi bulbs + zigbee scene switch (could be knob, remote, switch form)

funnycow

Master Member
Reaction score
for those using tuya zigbee switches and hub, any issues when you use it together on Mesh routers network?

by logic, the zigbee switches will connect directly to the zigbee hub, then from hub to router either thru ethernet or wireless right?

shinoku2

Reaction score
How do I add ir to my global m2 hub? Tried to add via m2hub but it is asking me to click the button in the aqara app and no interaction with my Aircon controller which is weird

lyonnaise

Reaction score
I'm setting up my new resale home's switches and am considering Aqara d1 switches without neutral.

Can I ask, if I install 3 gangs but only 2 gangs connected to the light/fan, will the 3rd button be usable since there is no neutral?

Was thinking of using button 3 as a shortcut to turn on/off other lights not controlled but this switch like a shortcut.

Thanks in advance!

Wuxinren

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm renovating my newly resales 4room HDB.
I'm pretty new into this smart automation. hope someone could better advise in what i should get.

So basically what I think i would want for my new house is
Please correct my if i'm wrong and for the lengthy post

1) Able to on off Lights from my phone ( I think this could be done with Smart Switch ?) and i guess if I wish to have the dimming function I would need to go for smart bulb ?

2) Able to on off my ceiling fan with light. (I guess this would require the IR hub controller? )

3)Able to on off my AC (this would require the IR hub controller?)

basically i guess I would wan to easily use phone to control my fan/lights/AC for now.
Don't have curtain installed.

as I've speak to my electrician and he suggested to run a neutral cable and mentioned it's better.
will this neutral cable really make the whole"smart" switch more stable?

1 more question, i see multiple brands of smart switch (Aqara / xiaomi / tuya) is there any much difference?
As currently im looking to purchase all together so maybe i can buy something which compatible with each other brand like for the zigbee / IR hub. smart bulb etc.

TIA.

ferbulous

Reaction score
So usually

The do you rename the device or just the entity?
Say device is switch,dimmer but entity is study room lamp, tv lamp , dining table lamp? Thanks
Both, entities are more important so you can sort it out later in group/room in google assistant or alexa.
Otherwise it auto generate entity name like this if you just use same name
Study room
—-lamp > switch.lamp
—-fan > switch.fan

Dining table
—lamp > switch.lamp_2
—fan > switch.fan_2

etc

ferbulous

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm renovating my newly resales 4room HDB.
I'm pretty new into this smart automation. hope someone could better advise in what i should get.

So basically what I think i would want for my new house is
Please correct my if i'm wrong and for the lengthy post

1) Able to on off Lights from my phone ( I think this could be done with Smart Switch ?) and i guess if I wish to have the dimming function I would need to go for smart bulb ?

2) Able to on off my ceiling fan with light. (I guess this would require the IR hub controller? )

3)Able to on off my AC (this would require the IR hub controller?)

basically i guess I would wan to easily use phone to control my fan/lights/AC for now.
Don't have curtain installed.

as I've speak to my electrician and he suggested to run a neutral cable and mentioned it's better.
will this neutral cable really make the whole"smart" switch more stable?

1 more question, i see multiple brands of smart switch (Aqara / xiaomi / tuya) is there any much difference?
As currently im looking to purchase all together so maybe i can buy something which compatible with each other brand like for the zigbee / IR hub. smart bulb etc.

TIA.
1. Yes, for smart bulbs refer to this post. Aqara also has detached mode if you need to use smart switch with smart bulbs
2. Yes
3. Yes. Some brand like daikin have wifi ac with latest model or just add wifi dongle

for the neutral, it’s for future proofing your wiring since most smart switches require neutral except for a few wifi/zigbee switches by tuya that don’t require neutral.

yes, there’s homeassistant that can link devices from multiple brand. But you might just stick with tuya for now.
There’s the matter/thread protocol that aims to work across different brands but might take more time to implement since it just started.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.