[OFFICIAL] LG V50

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
I have own 2 phones LG v50, and LG v50s, my friend already get Taiwan LG v60 set.

Face recognition can be find in LG v50, but not for v60 and v50s. To me, V60 is not much difference from LG v50s, but you expect is better snapdragon 865 , longer screen and better ASMR sound quality.

By the way, the charging small connector is different from v50s and v60.

Basically the second screen is phone cover (but is more expensive phone cover lol).. if you really protect, just get a phone pouch and screen protectors.

Wah, steady lah!

Im using S10e, easy to slip it into my pocket.

Wondering after getting a dual screen, how would life be after!

Also, protector for the phone or for the dual screen? Front screen and back screen?

And does the dual screen case fold 360 degrees? didnt see any youtube video that does that.

rest1ess

Reaction score
Wah, steady lah!

Im using S10e, easy to slip it into my pocket.

Wondering after getting a dual screen, how would life be after!

Also, protector for the phone or for the dual screen? Front screen and back screen?

And does the dual screen case fold 360 degrees? didnt see any youtube video that does that.

Life will be quite different. :D Whether typing or referencing or copying stuff. The use of the smartphone hasn't changed much for a while. When was the last time we have anything but one rectangular screen on a phone.

The DS on the Vs all quite smooth so admittedly prone to slipping. :( The Velvet's is much better I think in this regard.

rest1ess

Reaction score
I have own 2 phones LG v50, and LG v50s, my friend already get Taiwan LG v60 set.

Face recognition can be find in LG v50, but not for v60 and v50s. To me, V60 is not much difference from LG v50s, but you expect is better snapdragon 865 , longer screen and better ASMR sound quality.

By the way, the charging small connector is different from v50s and v60.

Is there ASMR for the v50?

calvinchoy

Reaction score
If putting on dual screen all the time, how to protect it?

Keep the whole phone in pouch/sleeves?

I applied Spigen Screen Protector GLAS.tR Nano Liquid on both the dual screen and the v50 phone itself. but after using the dual screen for almost a week i revert back to just the phone without it....now the dual screen just kept in the drawer with the box...hehe...

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
I applied Spigen Screen Protector GLAS.tR Nano Liquid on both the dual screen and the v50 phone itself. but after using the dual screen for almost a week i revert back to just the phone without it....now the dual screen just kept in the drawer with the box...hehe...

Would it be much better for me to buy Xiaomi redmi Note 9 Pro x 2?

Because i believe it wont be my only phone.

I will have my S10e as driver :/

lucif3l

Reaction score
Would it be much better for me to buy Xiaomi redmi Note 9 Pro x 2?

Because i believe it wont be my only phone.

I will have my S10e as driver :/

But xiaomi9 is another range of phone, fall under mid range phone. but if you are not looking for performance but is the cost, you can go for xiaomi . If you are on gaming, is better then take LG.

Performance of xiaomi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Octa core Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB internal storage, expandable upto 512 GB

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
But xiaomi9 is another range of phone, fall under mid range phone. but if you are not looking for performance but is the cost, you can go for xiaomi . If you are on gaming, is better then take LG.

Performance of xiaomi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Octa core Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB internal storage, expandable upto 512 GB

I was poison by the dual screen nia. :(

aCidz

Reaction score
So is the v50 still a good buy considering that it will get probably just 1 more major OS update (to Android 11)? I'm still using a v30 and comparing the v50 (bigger screen, large battery) vs Pixel 4a (more major OS upgrade).

rest1ess

Reaction score
So is the v50 still a good buy considering that it will get probably just 1 more major OS update (to Android 11)? I'm still using a v30 and comparing the v50 (bigger screen, large battery) vs Pixel 4a (more major OS upgrade).

Flagship > mid range Pixel, much as I like the pixel range. :D

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after monitoring this lg v50 for a long time, i finally ordered a used one via up systems. looking fwd to trying it out :s12:

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Between the v50 and v50s, which version is recommended? From what i gathered, the former has better camera setup while the latter has better 2nd screen and battery life?

rest1ess

Reaction score
Between the v50 and v50s, which version is recommended? From what i gathered, the former has better camera setup while the latter has better 2nd screen and battery life?

The v50 has fingerprint sensor and a qhd screen (down to fhd with the dual screen switched on), which are absent in v50s.

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think both v50 and v50s have pros and cons

for me, i prefer the slightly better cameras on v50. loooked at a ton of video samples from the camera and liked whAt i saw

v50s got more rAm and storage. really up to individual i suppose

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tks. Tough decision. One more question. Can the shutter sound be disabled?

The need for an adaptor to charge the v50s can become a bother. Are the adaptors readily available?

rest1ess

Reaction score
Tks. Tough decision. One more question. Can the shutter sound be disabled?

The need for an adaptor to charge the v50s can become a bother. Are the adaptors readily available?

If you get a Korean set, it can't be disabled.

Adapters are not proprietary I think. So availability should be fine.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.