[OFFICIAL] LG V50

znltan

Reaction score
Getting some opinions here, found a shop on shopee selling LG phones, enyiphones.sg, should I get:
v50 for $566
v50s for $599(8gb ram, 256gb storage)
G8x for $558 (6gb ram, 128gb storage)
v60 for $965

I doubt the v60 is worth almost double of the other options, but what about the other choices? I'm also open to any other suggestions, but I'm looking for a phone mostly for audio use.

Link to shop:
https://shopee.sg/enyiphones.sg?smtt=0.0.9

If you would not mind buying a used set which is cheaper, can consider this two shops listed on Qoo10.

V50 or V50S (if prefer more ram and internal storage, 8GB + 256GB)

https://m.qoo10.sg/g/678481642!0
https://m.qoo10.sg/g/659782532!0

Masaaki14

Reaction score
My vote goes to V50 for better specs over G8X aka V50S (V50S = Korea Model, G8X = USA Model).
I was under the impression the v50s/g8x got some extra tuning, chipset wise it's the same as the v50, and honestly speaking I feel that the 1440p screen on the v50 is overkill, would much rather have the 1080p on v50s. Only feature I would hate to let go of is the rear fingerprint sensor tbh

Also I read that the dual screen accessory for v50s/g8x is better than the v50

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression the v50s/g8x got some extra tuning, chipset wise it's the same as the v50, and honestly speaking I feel that the 1440p screen on the v50 is overkill, would much rather have the 1080p on v50s. Only feature I would hate to let go of is the rear fingerprint sensor tbh

seems like you got your answer :)

SmallQuietDog

Master Member
Reaction score

That's because the V50's dualscreen is the very first version, the pioneer or "prototype", bound to have plenty of issues or faults. They then improved it when releasing the V50S/G8X.

Junnijun

Reaction score
I just received mine yesterday, but then after oepning, I noticed the screen has defect at the coner underneath the glass. Seller has "local warranty" but dk will do repair/replacement.
pmGi60RNj

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, am new to LG V50...

got some questions to check, hope someone offer quick answers, appreciate! :cool:

1# Does it suffer from from Bootloop issues like past models, eg. G5
2# Does V50 5G supported by Singtel 5G/Starhub 5G.
3# Which V50 model to get Korean, or Global or US
4# How long does battery life last per charge, for phone standby
5# Is default OS locked, if rooted phone can it still support Singpass & Banking apps?
6# Does the phone feel warm during standby or usage?

speedknight

Reaction score
1) No, it doesn't they solved the issue since G6
2) No, 5G in Singapore not supported, VoLTE is also not.
3)Korean, US set do not have dual screen feature.
4)Quite long, up to 2 days for standby, up to 8 hours to screen on time
5)You can root, but I doubt you can use Singpass
6) No, not unusually warm

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1# Does it suffer from from Bootloop issues like past models, eg. G5
No, it doesn't they solved the issue since G6

2# Does V50 5G supported by Singtel 5G/Starhub 5G.
No, 5G in Singapore not supported, VoLTE is also not

3# Which V50 model to get Korean, or Global or US
Korean, US set do not have dual screen feature.

4# How long does battery life last per charge, for phone standby
Quite long, up to 2 days for standby, up to 8 hours to screen on time

5# Is default OS locked, if rooted phone can it still support Singpass & Banking apps?
You can root, but I doubt you can use Singpass

6# Does the phone feel warm during standby or usage?
No, not unusually warm

Thank you Speedknight for providing the much need advice

3# if i don't need dual screen feature... is there geographic set of v50/v50s that works better with Singtel/Starhub 4G Volte?
5# What must i do, if i need v50/v50s to support using Singpass & Banking apps?

Last edited:

speedknight

Reaction score
Thank you Speedknight for providing the much need advice

3# if i don't need dual screen feature... is there geographic set of v50/v50s that works better with Singtel/Starhub 4G Volte?
5# What must i do, if i need v50/v50s to support using Singpass & Banking apps?
3) Just buy korean set w/o dual screen US carrier lock their S/W updates unless you have their sim, else I would have gotten V60
5) you need not root it just plug and play local sim, use it as a regular phone, any particular reason you need to root it?

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3) Just buy korean set w/o dual screen US carrier lock their S/W updates unless you have their sim, else I would have gotten V60
5) you need not root it just plug and play local sim, use it as a regular phone, any particular reason you need to root it?
3) For v50 korean set, does it support Singtel/Starhub 4G Volte?
5) I don't intend to root.

As you mention v60, it is able to better support Singtel/Starhub 4G Volte/5G? thks

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3) For v50 korean set, does it support Singtel/Starhub 4G Volte?
5) I don't intend to root.

As you mention v60, it is able to better support Singtel/Starhub 4G Volte/5G? thks

all Korean set doesn’t support 5G and volte locally. Even V60.

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Korea V50 actual 5G (non)experience at Singapore.

I just read Singtel launch 5G SA (Standalone) 2 days ago May 29.
it reads:
  • 5G NSA refers to 5G non-standalone, which is 5G technology that partially relies on existing 4G equipment. It's generally regarded as a quicker method to get lower 5G speeds to the masses.
  • 5G SA refers to 5G standalone. As the name implies, it's 5G connectivity that relies on made-to-spec 5G equipment. It takes longer to implement because of the infrastructure overhaul needed, but 5G SA offers access to the faster and more responsive 5G speeds we see bandied about.
  • mmWave 5G is 5G connectivity that uses a frequency band at or above 6GHz. For example, Singtel has one active mmWave 5G band at 28GHz.
  • Sub-6 5G is 5G connectivity below 6GHz. Singtel's sub-6 5G bands are 2,100MHz and 3.5GHz.
I think Singtel before this launch, 5G was on 5G NSA Non-Standalone (ie. based on piggy back on 4G), while announcement 2 days ago is 5G-NR, (ie. 5G SA Standalone)

SG IMDA licenses out TS CMT/TS CBS Sub-6Ghz 5G n77 n78, n257, n258, n261 mmwave to telecos for 5G SA, although not exactly sure what mmwave frequency Singtel 5G SA uses (this youtube shows Singtel 5G n78 on Mi 10T Pro )

I read LG U+5G, ie LG V50; korean V500N supports n78 (3500 MHz) and n257 (28 GHz).

Last edited:

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Korea V50 actual 5G (non)experience at Singapore.

I just read Singtel launch 5G SA (Standalone) 2 days ago May 29.
it reads:
  • 5G NSA refers to 5G non-standalone, which is 5G technology that partially relies on existing 4G equipment. It's generally regarded as a quicker method to get lower 5G speeds to the masses.
  • 5G SA refers to 5G standalone. As the name implies, it's 5G connectivity that relies on made-to-spec 5G equipment. It takes longer to implement because of the infrastructure overhaul needed, but 5G SA offers access to the faster and more responsive 5G speeds we see bandied about.
  • mmWave 5G is 5G connectivity that uses a frequency band at or above 6GHz. For example, Singtel has one active mmWave 5G band at 28GHz.
  • Sub-6 5G is 5G connectivity below 6GHz. Singtel's sub-6 5G bands are 2,100MHz and 3.5GHz.
I think Singtel before this launch, 5G was on 5G NSA Non-Standalone (ie. based on piggy back on 4G), while annoucement 2 days ago is 5G-NR, (ie. 5G SA Standalone)
While not sure what mmwave frequency Singtel 5G SA uses (this yyoutube shows Singtel 5G n78 on Mi 10T Pro ), but SG IMDA licenses out TS CMT/TS CBS Sub-6Ghz 5G n77 n78, n257, n258, n261 mmwave to telecos for 5G SA.

I read LG U+5G, ie LG V50; korean V500N supports n78 (3500 MHz) and n257 (28 GHz).

Don't bring your hope too high on it. Even bands are compatible, probably zero chances to work here.

Phones that are sold in Singapore or via Telco then more chance will works. Taking an example of the 5G google pixel, none of that work here despite having sub6 bands compatible because that are not sold officially in Singapore.

Some phones like the ROG, 5G / Volte not support here despite sold here.

In short, to have 5G support here = official launch here / sold by Telco. If not, no 5G.

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IS there something beyond matching identical mmwave bands to work?

What is technical factor that makes a 5G phone to work on our Telco network?
for example: A phone hardware firmware embedded with identify code from our Telco network? So far, i only though SIM card is that provides the Telco identity to enable phone on Telco network.

Last edited:

znltan

Reaction score
Any feedbacks to share after upgraded to Android 11?

New software updates for V50S for those who is not aware.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.