[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is not a ff7 remake thread leh

"This is not a X thread leh" can be applied for all the popular games being discussed here.

Discussion will soon die out after a while, no need to be angsty about it.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"This is not a X thread leh" can be applied for all the popular games being discussed here.

Discussion will soon die out after a while, no need to be angsty about it.

yup this thread is for all ps4 games as well as hardware unless you guys only want to discuss ps4 hardware here.

ff7 remake is the latest popular game which is why there are alot of discussions otherwise most of the time this thread is dead.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Soon, there will be TLOU Part II and GhostOT discussions too. And I thought everything about PS4 (Games, hardware, anything etc) can be discussed here?

Anyways, I'm at FFVIIR Chapter 17 - love how all the characters work together. Talking about the combat, personally it's not like super challenging for me, some bosses I took a few tries though. Knowing when to block/dodge, use whatever is strong against the bosses/enemies or protecting yourself.....but it is also not like easy until just anyhow whack and can still win. I'm talking about Normal Mode here. Looking forward to Hard Mode after finishing.

shin7829

Reaction score
Not angry about it. Can continue. Just suggesting that if wanna do indepth discussion maybe open a ff7 remake exclusive thread may be better.strange no one create a thread to discuss despite so many discussion. Of course anyone can also continue to discuss here anyway.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup this thread is for all ps4 games as well as hardware unless you guys only want to discuss ps4 hardware here.

ff7 remake is the latest popular game which is why there are alot of discussions otherwise most of the time this thread is dead.

That is pretty sad for most of the time. But looking forward to PS5 console at the same time.

Not angry about it. Can continue. Just suggesting that if wanna do indepth discussion maybe open a ff7 remake exclusive thread may be better.strange no one create a thread to discuss despite so many discussion. Of course anyone can also continue to discuss here anyway.

I think it is probably since this game is based on the original one back in 1997, there is not much to discuss about the plot and story but rather some of the new mechanics and mini games.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soon, there will be TLOU Part II and GhostOT discussions too. And I thought everything about PS4 (Games, hardware, anything etc) can be discussed here?

Anyways, I'm at FFVIIR Chapter 17 - love how all the characters work together. Talking about the combat, personally it's not like super challenging for me, some bosses I took a few tries though. Knowing when to block/dodge, use whatever is strong against the bosses/enemies or protecting yourself.....but it is also not like easy until just anyhow whack and can still win. I'm talking about Normal Mode here. Looking forward to Hard Mode after finishing.

ff7 remake hard mode you cannot use items. benches no longer replenish your mp. enemies are tough especially bahamut and secret boss. bahamut can 1 shot your whole team.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hard mode is quite ok, can't mindlessly mash for sure. On Hard Mode, even the white dog miniboss kicked my arse and I had to restart. :s13:
Cloud Parry > Counterstance is gonna be essential for some mobs/bosses.

Not sure about Ghost of Sushima, seems like another Ass Creed in Japanese feudal times.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who own mafia 2 and 3 can download the new definitive version. they also include all dlcs for free.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
those who own mafia 2 and 3 can download the new definitive version. they also include all dlcs for free.
It might be a bug. I have Mafia 3 (ps4) from PS+ on US and SG PSN.

On US PSN, the new Mafia 3 definitive edition is full price, doesn't show "purchased".

On SG PSN, the new Mafia 3 definitive edition was also full price, didn't show "purchased". Oddly there is a "download to your ps4" button. When I clicked that, it started downloading... but that's the demo that it downloads. (I guess I had downloaded the demo from SG psn before, that's why the "try demo" button turned into download button.) I canceled that, checked again, still full price, not "purchased". Then did some exploring (bought the DLCs, went to check US psn, etc), came back, it now shows "purchased", click on "download to your ps4" button, it started downloading the full game (no longer just the demo).

On both PSNs, the DLCs are free though, purchased them with no issue.

So I am not sure owning the previous vanilla Mafia 3 (ps4) will give you the new Mafia 3 definitive (ps4). I don't have Mafia 2 digitally (platinumed it on ps3 but it was physical disc) so I can't test that.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It might be a bug. I have Mafia 3 (ps4) from PS+ on US and SG PSN.

On US PSN, the new Mafia 3 definitive edition is full price, doesn't show "purchased".

On SG PSN, the new Mafia 3 definitive edition was also full price, didn't show "purchased". Oddly there is a "download to your ps4" button. When I clicked that, it started downloading... but that's the demo that it downloads. (I guess I had downloaded the demo from SG psn before, that's why the "try demo" button turned into download button.) I canceled that, checked again, still full price, not "purchased". Then did some exploring (bought the DLCs, went to check US psn, etc), came back, it now shows "purchased", click on "download to your ps4" button, it started downloading the full game (no longer just the demo).

On both PSNs, the DLCs are free though, purchased them with no issue.

So I am not sure owning the previous vanilla Mafia 3 (ps4) will give you the new Mafia 3 definitive (ps4). I don't have Mafia 2 digitally (platinumed it on ps3 but it was physical disc) so I can't test that.

mine got no bug. my guess is they disabled the normal edition and normal dlcs but did not remove them from the psn store.

i only have mafia 3 from sg psn plus free games. the normal version did not have the download button but the definitive edition has it so i just clicked the one with definitive edition and download it normally.

after that i download the definitive edition dlc packs since the other normal dlcs did not have the download button even though they are free.

also mafia 1 is a full remake (release date is in aug) so if you like mafia games can get it when its on sale.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
mine got no bug. my guess is they disabled the normal edition and normal dlcs but did not remove them from the psn store.

i only have mafia 3 from sg psn plus free games. the normal version did not have the download button but the definitive edition has it so i just clicked the one with definitive edition and download it normally.

after that i download the definitive edition dlc packs since the other normal dlcs did not have the download button even though they are free.

also mafia 1 is a full remake (release date is in aug) so if you like mafia games can get it when its on sale.
On US psn the original Mafia 3 is gone, can't find it any more. I went to my PS4's Library, can't find it either. At first I suspect that maybe I forgot to claim the PS+ games that month (Aug 2018) but the other PS+ games are "purchased" in my account, so it's unlikely. There were other games previously superseded by newer version, owners of the old version automatically get the new one, so surely there's a bug here. The SG store also gave me that weird problem before actually working.

Ya, they are selling the Mafia Trilogy, which includes a real remake of the first game. I will wait for sale though.

Anyone else had Mafia 3 as PS+ free game on US psn store before? Are you able to get the new definitive version?

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Like that more fun, else boring to just anyhow smash to win - must have that challenge.

Aside to ff7, I saw an ign podcast having the caption "Ghost of Tsushima tough combat" and "incredibly difficult fights", something like that. Haven't watched though. Maybe will shed some light on the difficulty level.

Hard mode is quite ok, can't mindlessly mash for sure. On Hard Mode, even the white dog miniboss kicked my arse and I had to restart. :s13:
Cloud Parry > Counterstance is gonna be essential for some mobs/bosses.

Not sure about Ghost of Sushima, seems like another Ass Creed in Japanese feudal times.

Wah already sounds HARD. Need to manage your "resources" well else "xxxxx fell unconscious". I'm at Chapter 18 already, it is very shiok - the speedy chase and that crazy 6 wheeler fight. I managed to nail it in 2 tries on Normal. So Exciting.

ff7 remake hard mode you cannot use items. benches no longer replenish your mp. enemies are tough especially bahamut and secret boss. bahamut can 1 shot your whole team.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
a4b9vGm.jpg

Long overdue.

many missables for FF7R?

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score
many missables for FF7R?

finish the game once, can chapter select. technically... the answer is no.

if u mean in 1 'playthrough' then yes, there are.

anyway the game will hint u if u miss something before point of no-return. (example) i got aerith asking me "are u ready for the next map: yes/no". i went back, got a materia, and theres no dialogue with aerith at the same spot, straight away load into next map.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a stealable weapon for Aerith from the graveyard boss and a weapon you can buy for 10k from a library NPC, otherwise nothing much missable.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip.

played until chapter 2. great game so far. if want to nit pick, its cannot cancel attack

mliolukiye

Reaction score
There's a stealable weapon for Aerith from the graveyard boss and a weapon you can buy for 10k from a library NPC, otherwise nothing much missable.

The only weapon I missed in my 1st playthrough is the one from the library NPC because I was skeptical about his tip that he's going to scam my 10K gil. LOL.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the trophies are difficult to get for me cos the stupid mini games.

i sucks at them.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the trophies are difficult to get for me cos the stupid mini games.

i sucks at them.

You are not alone. So many had been crushed by the mini games, those who achieved all trophies may not even like to replay the mini games.

Reaction score
The only weapon I missed in my 1st playthrough is the one from the library NPC because I was skeptical about his tip that he's going to scam my 10K gil. LOL.
No worries can replay that part after completing the game lol, I just buy since I have the money after selling those junks

Sent from Rem Best Grill using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.