[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The combat is fine, if unrefined. The visuals are fine, if unremarkable. The looting is fine, if a bit useless. The environments are fine, if a bit repetitive. The gentle loot puzzles are fine, if shockingly simple. But fine isn't going to keep you here, is it? Fine isn't enough to make more demands of your time and money. And that's the problem.

The single-player campaign is easily the game's strongest draw, offering an enjoyable, if rote set of missions that follow Ms Marvel's transformation from nerdy fangirl to bonafide superhero as she works to unite the posse after they disband, having been unfairly blamed for a catastrophic event. She joins the fight to clear their name and rescue the unsuspecting Inhumans snatched from the city streets, working to take down the villainous AIM organisation and its hordes of murderous robots along the way.

Mechanically and visually the adventure is perfunctory. It's a tad rough around the edges, as though a lack of time or money - maybe both - prevented that final glossy spit-shine of polish. That's not to say I didn't enjoy myself because I very much did at times, but the Marvel's Avengers machine is too bloody good at counteracting the good bits by serving up something that will annoy or frustrate, too.

the 1st paragraph sums up what i think

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

funny review if you understand cantonese.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
the 1st paragraph sums up what i think
That 2nd paragraph is the good bit. Years ago, back in the PS3 days maybe, a single-player (or multi-player co-op) story campaign game like that would be enough, we would have happily paid US$60 for the game (maybe sell it off after finishing). The developer would take a couple of years to make the game, sell it, get back their investment and, if it's good, make a healthy profit, then move on to make another game (if they are greedy/smart, they will make a sequel and recycle lots of the stuff so it costs less to make). They happy, we happy.

But nooo, nowadays developers are not happy with just taking your US$60 and move on to make the next game, they want to keep milking the same development for years and years, make the game 'live service', sell loot boxes, sell cosmetics, sell DLCs. "Add replayability for the players" they say, but basically they just want to do minimum to suck maximum $ from you. (And since you will continue to play for years, no second hand sale, everyone must buy new if they want to play.) Of cos this could fail and they just give up on the 'road map', like Anthem. Too bad, suckers.

Imagine if Sony/Insomniac's Spider-man game also goes that 'live service' route! Luckily we got a great single-player story campaign game out of Spider-man, and the dev moved on to make the next (a sequel, but a welcomed one). I very much prefer that to whatever Forever Fantasy games Square Enix keeps pumping out, make 1 game milk for 10 years instead of making 3-5 games in the 10 years.

As players, we want to play new (and good) games, we don't want to stuck on the same thing for ages. Sure, we all have our play-forever games (be it FIFA, Destiny, WOW, Candy Crush, whatever), but one is enough, we don't have time for more. But devs keep trying to become 'the one' that takes up all your gaming time (and $). Just give me good new games, like Sony keeps doing.

Last edited:

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks fun. Like fire emblem.

Sent from Toilet While Making Cake. using GAGT

It's more simplified compare to Fire emblem, for example FE are more refined in RPG elements with deeper skill and equipment system. If you pray a classic PC Chinese SRPG call 天使帝國 before then the game ish much closer to this in term of gamepray.

AMDK defend this game to the death.. those who are ultra marvel fans will love this game to the death..all of them can turn a blind eye to all the flaws ?

Notice quite a number of the reviews from same previewers had now improved a lot and become more positive after the game released. Not sure if this is because the more major bugs are fixed at release or something else. :(

But those reviewers that moi trust even their reviews had improved after release ish more like from 4~5/10 to 6/10 kind of score nia. So seem to be just an okay game now but not really great. However the criticism on the loot system, micro-transaction and graphic problem ish still there.

Personally when try praying it on moi friend's console last weekend, was surprised to find moi self gotten motion sickness after just only 10+m into the game. The graphic too jerky for moi especially when praying certain char that 'jump' or fly around too fast (Ironman and blackwidow) or those that do AoE with shacky screen effect (eg Hulk) Actually even watching moi friend pray nia already can get some motion sickness. So don't think this game ish for moi even if it ish good. :(

Jason.OnEarth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brother Pierce, just yo share that’s true, I have been subscribing to wow service since 2004 for 16 years, in the past I have a few hours to play in a day, slowly as we progress in life, I have a few hours to play in a week and then I stopped playing for weeks at a go, still the subscription is rolling and my monies keeps going to the devs, when I’m back I will spend extra on cosmetics items for that 1 hour of gameplay BUT wow is the last and only, if and when it finally closes its service, I will quit gaming for good (older man have more responsibility) :)

As players, we want to play new (and good) games, we don't want to stuck on the same thing for ages. Sure, we all have our play-forever games (be it FIFA, Destiny, WOW, Candy Crush, whatever), but one is enough, we don't have time for more. But devs keep trying to become 'the one' that takes up all your gaming time (and $). Just give me good new games, like Sony keeps doing.

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It's more simplified compare to Fire emblem, for example FE are more refined in RPG elements with deeper skill and equipment system. If you pray a classic PC Chinese SRPG call 天使帝國 before then the game ish much closer to this in term of gamepray.

Notice quite a number of the reviews from same previewers had now improved a lot and become more positive after the game released. Not sure if this is because the more major bugs are fixed at release or something else. :(

But those reviewers that moi trust even their reviews had improved after release ish more like from 4~5/10 to 6/10 kind of score nia. So seem to be just an okay game now but not really great. However the criticism on the loot system, micro-transaction and graphic problem ish still there.

Personally when try praying it on moi friend's console last weekend, was surprised to find moi self gotten motion sickness after just only 10+m into the game. The graphic too jerky for moi especially when praying certain char that 'jump' or fly around too fast (Ironman and blackwidow) or those that do AoE with shacky screen effect (eg Hulk) Actually even watching moi friend pray nia already can get some motion sickness. So don't think this game ish for moi even if it ish good. :(

if looter game, i rather play borderlands 3. at least the gear are interesting.

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got few question on GOT.

Techniques
1)How to earn that techniques point?
2)Which one to prioritise on my techniques ? Samurai stances or ghost?
3)to fight with enemies and bosses ive to play aroubs with 4 different stances? Which one to prioritise?

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

Bumblebee Man

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got few question on GOT.

Techniques
1)How to earn that techniques point?
2)Which one to prioritise on my techniques ? Samurai stances or ghost?
3)to fight with enemies and bosses ive to play aroubs with 4 different stances? Which one to prioritise?

Quite easy just play and easily max everything. All stances are relevant depending who you face.

On side note... I lost interest once my skills and armor maxed. Its like nothing to look forward to except story progression.

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the green butterfly somehow helpful in the game? I explore around i see this green butterfly flying around

Jason.OnEarth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the green butterfly somehow helpful in the game? I explore around i see this green butterfly flying around

when in travelers outfit, the firefly will show the locations of artifacts :)

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

its green firefly. the firefly will pulse with light with the speed at which it pulses indicating how near or far the collectible is.

if you are just starting, there is no need to collect all collectibles. you can still collect them after the game end.

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah borderlands games are fun especially part 2 and 3. for me is a must play.

Hang on for BL3, they upping max cap to 65 tomorrow. Those M10 weapons i've farmed are going to be useless soon and i hope they don't nerf the characters... I spent so much time figuring out which tree to use to achieve the current Moze build...

Tukatuz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any of you change to SSD for your PS4 Pro ? It is worth the change? And which SSD would you recommend ?

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any of you change to SSD for your PS4 Pro ? It is worth the change? And which SSD would you recommend ?

So far as I am concern, don't bother as the improvement to the loading time is minimal, save up for next gen console instead.

justln

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far as I am concern, don't bother as the improvement to the loading time is minimal, save up for next gen console instead.
It's really significant, if you have a SSD lying around or can get a good deal, an SSD is the best upgrade for a PS4.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.