[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

qwertified

Reaction score
More interesting than I expected. I played the demo until fell asleep, lol (too much text to read). These HK guys did a great job explaining the system bit by bit as they go. Commentary in Cantonese.

Should be more or less the same as before right, just added a few functions.

Played the demo, liked the game but dont like the chinese sub. Too many characters to read in 1 sentence lol. Even the character names need time to process the pronunciation.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Another Xbox console-exclusive... rough start, network issues, run out of things to do...

Looks like Cuphead is the best exclusive in recent memory.

alfseeto

Reaction score
I'm out of the loop, I used to have a PS3 USA account, still have some money left in the wallet. Now I just bought a PS4 Pro, should I still look to put in funds into the US account or just focus on Asia store?

Seems like the asia store prices are lower.

qwertified

Reaction score
I'm out of the loop, I used to have a PS3 USA account, still have some money left in the wallet. Now I just bought a PS4 Pro, should I still look to put in funds into the US account or just focus on Asia store?

Just wait for sales and decide. For asia store you can just use cc no need to fund your account anyways.

qwertified

Reaction score
Another Xbox console-exclusive... rough start, network issues, run out of things to do...

Honestly at this stage i'd rather wait for xbox 2 or whatever name they gonna call it next gen. They need a fresh start to be taken seriously again, nowadays ppl only bother with ps4 and switch.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

Top up when you need funds to buy something. Not sure how you put funds into US account last time, like whether you buy physical cards from local game store (at marked up price), but nowadays you can buy US psn cards digitally online. You pay the same amount as the face value (so USD10 card you pay USD10, or even less when there's sale). You can buy from Amazon US or pcgamesupply, and pay using SG cc/paypal. And you get the code instantly. So it is no hassle to top up US account wallet.

For SG account, you pay using SG cc/paypal directly, no need to top up either (but if you want, can buy SG psn card physically from Cheers stores island-wide). If you pay directly, there is a minimum SGD10 per transaction limit (so if you have $0 balance and buy something $1, they charge $10 and your wallet is left with $9; if you buy something $11, they charge $11 exactly and wallet balance is $0). (A 1% surcharge may be incurred when paying via cc.)

Either way, don't have to worry about topping up the wallet yet. Do so when you have something to buy, especially during sales. Keep an eye on the Game Deals thread for news.

And, no, Asia is usually not cheapest. US, Canada, and often also UK, have regular (weekly) sales that can be much cheaper. Whenever you want to buy something, look up this site psprices.com for price in each region and the price history.

btw, if you use US account to buy something from US store, you can typically use SG account to play it. Most games are region free (though some rare case, like microtransactions, may be locked to the purchasing account).

alfseeto

Reaction score
Top up when you need funds to buy something. Not sure how you put funds into US account last time, like whether you buy physical cards from local game store (at marked up price), but nowadays you can buy US psn cards digitally online. You pay the same amount as the face value (so USD10 card you pay USD10, or even less when there's sale). You can buy from Amazon US or pcgamesupply, and pay using SG cc/paypal. And you get the code instantly. So it is no hassle to top up US account wallet.

For SG account, you pay using SG cc/paypal directly, no need to top up either (but if you want, can buy SG psn card physically from Cheers stores island-wide). If you pay directly, there is a minimum SGD10 per transaction limit (so if you have $0 balance and buy something $1, they charge $10 and your wallet is left with $9; if you buy something $11, they charge $11 exactly and wallet balance is $0). (A 1% surcharge may be incurred when paying via cc.)

Either way, don't have to worry about topping up the wallet yet. Do so when you have something to buy, especially during sales. Keep an eye on the Game Deals thread for news.

And, no, Asia is usually not cheapest. US, Canada, and often also UK, have regular (weekly) sales that can be much cheaper. Whenever you want to buy something, look up this site psprices.com for price in each region and the price history.

btw, if you use US account to buy something from US store, you can typically use SG account to play it. Most games are region free (though some rare case, like microtransactions, may be locked to the purchasing account).

Ah, thanks! I didn't know nowadays can buy the cards at face value. I thought since I will be going to the US soon I would buy the physical cards there.

Do I need to be PS+ to enjoy the good sales? I don't play multiplayer so not intending to subscribe to PS+.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i don't think we need to rub salts to the xbox ppl here...

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

Game is 2-player co-op only (local or online). Cannot play solo.

Buy 1 copy can send friend pass to let someone play together with you. I wonder if it's 1 time only or can send to different friends (like after finishing the game with A, want to start new game and play online with B), and whether the friend can earn trophies.

Last edited:

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
[US PSN] 20% Off Code

All you have to do is login to https://live.playstation.com with your PSN account and watch the video titled “MLB The Show 18 - Aaron Judge Studio Tour | PS4

You’ll then claim your reward for 20% off your next purchase. Expires 11:59PM PT 3/31/18.

S0FMZb4.jpg

Source: Reddit

qwertified

Reaction score
Ah, thanks! I didn't know nowadays can buy the cards at face value. I thought since I will be going to the US soon I would buy the physical cards there.

Do I need to be PS+ to enjoy the good sales? I don't play multiplayer so not intending to subscribe to PS+.

Only get it if the extra discount (if any) for the games you want exceeds the 1 month fee. So same thing, wait for the sale to see 1st, not all sales have extra discounts for PS+ members.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

Depends on the sale. Many weekly sales in the US has additional discount for PS+ members, some sales are even PS+ only. (They have monthly flash sales, those do not have additional PS+ discount.) So it really depends on how frequently you are going to buy digital games, if you buy a lot and the additional discount is already worth the subscription, then get it. If not, if there is a particular sale that has many games that interests you, and you find that the additional PS+ discounts is quite significant (like >$10), then you can also pick up a 1 month subscription (costs $9.99) just for that transaction.

Note that PS+ also gives you free games every month (currently 2xps4, 2xps3, 2xvita). Quite a lot are smaller indie games, but sometimes you get good AAA games (this month there are a couple of good ones). You do need to remain a member to continue enjoying the PS+ free games though (you need to claim them within the month, but can continue to play/re-download later if still member).

If considering PS+ subscription, another decision is which region. SG is cheaper (sgd44) but gives less free games, and has less frequent sales (but once in many months, they do run good sales with PS+ discounts). So ppl get SG if they just want it for online multiplayer. US is more expensive but generally more worth it if subscription is more for the purpose of further discounts during sales.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does new games use the gimicky functions of the ps4 controller for gameplay nowadays??...

seems like not anymore, i remember second son can use the controller to spray paint etc....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.