[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Played 4 hrs straight just now, just past the vendor 2nd time not sure how far that is. Combat is good but needs a fair bit exp to unlock skills, so far only can unlock 1 combo and the aoe light thing lv2.

Playing at normal difficulty, even then it has decent challenge not really spam attack can win liao like last time. He hit soft body also soft lol really like old liao.

whats the game length for this ?

can reach 15 hrs?

price are quite steep if its just a 7-8 hrs length.

symbiote28

Reaction score
i'm currently at chapter 5 in GoW and my strength is only about 30+ and i'm on level 2. what's all your stats like?

qwertified

Reaction score
the game got puzzles like previous god of war?

Not that much so far, mostly are for opening chests (got to destroy 3 runes hidden around the area where the chest is to unlock it) but i probably still in the early parts so hard to say.

qwertified

Reaction score
Wow this is like the longest god of war game i've played. Including today about 8 hours total, and i'm only at like chapter 5 out of 16.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Tried to find related thread but cannot. Does anyone encounter error in PS4 gameplay video uploading to Facebook?

I researched and tried removing all upload notifications but to no avail.

MGSV - tested fine, no issues.
GOW - keeps failing. Only 3 mins long.

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry if it's asked before. Planning to get yakuza 0 and the r2 copy is a lot cheaper. Is it okay to get r2 copy? Any differences?

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried to find related thread but cannot. Does anyone encounter error in PS4 gameplay video uploading to Facebook?

I researched and tried removing all upload notifications but to no avail.

MGSV - tested fine, no issues.
GOW - keeps failing. Only 3 mins long.

encountered before, i googled alot of solutions all not working, but once system update applied, everything back to normal.

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Played a couple of hours of GOW yesterday. My last ps4 game was HZD. I feel that the combat mechanics of HZD were more slick and fluid, feel more connected with the character that i'm controlling. In GOW, kratos feels harder to control haha. Then again they are very different games.

I don't like how they mapped out the interface controls in the menu. The layout is not intuitive and i often have to re-read the text and navigate around the menus to understand what's going on. The user interface is quite a let-down.

And the in-game text and subtitles? Man... not sure how that slipped past their play testing :(

mliolukiye

Reaction score
encountered before, i googled alot of solutions all not working, but once system update applied, everything back to normal.

I'm on the latest firmware version already. Weird it's just GOW. Thanks. I'll just continue playing and record worthy moments meanwhile. *throws Leviathan Axe!*

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
All the reviews are saying 25-30 hrs. You can still continue to play even up to 100 hrs.

SPOILERS

I have been playing the new GOW for hours for the past 2 day plus and I can say it's absolutely amazing!!

Story: 9/10, not fully played through the story yet. I think the new GOW focuses a lot on Father & Son relationship. The interactions between father and son are unique, interesting and touching. Kratos has been though so much previously and all he wants is to have a peaceful life and with his son and be a good father. Although both Kratos and his son Atreus have quite a lot to learn and adapt with each other. =:p

Graphic: 9.5/10, -0.5 for not achieving 60FPS

BGM: 8.5/10, Symphony with additional voice cover is epic

Gameplay: 8.5/10, Overall game-play is different from the past GOW series. I think it has been greatly inspired by The Last of Us, Tomb Raider series, Uncharted series and Horizon. Battle system is cool but not the best. Countless puzzle solving is annoying lol.

qwertified

Reaction score
Its very much like tomb raider in a sense, probably cause the director cory barlog used to work on the 2013 tomb raider (he rejoin sony after that). Also very much like last of us in style cause thats like the "safe route" for sony exclusives nowadays, upcoming days gone also similar. They dont dare to experiment too much or will fold like the other sony studios.

Apparently sony santa monica is already in crisis, if this god of war bomb in sales they will most likely close shop. Good for them it didnt, the director even cry sia when watching reviews lol.

auzzuro

Reaction score
Usually games always has DLC example like dragonball fighter z or batman arkham knight n ff15. I am curious y gow don hv extra dlc ? Companies usually always try to milk hard co gamers .i am suprise gow don hv dlc

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its very much like tomb raider in a sense, probably cause the director cory barlog used to work on the 2013 tomb raider (he rejoin sony after that). Also very much like last of us in style cause thats like the "safe route" for sony exclusives nowadays, upcoming days gone also similar. They dont dare to experiment too much or will fold like the other sony studios.

Apparently sony santa monica is already in crisis, if this god of war bomb in sales they will most likely close shop. Good for them it didnt, the director even cry sia when watching reviews lol.
how is this 'don't dare to experiment' ...it's a total revamp of the past GoW...

also, they have other 1st party exclusives that's not like the 'type' you mentioned...spider-man, ghost of tsushima, Detroit, Dreams and obviously more that's not announced.

Pumping out another 'hero shooter' or battle royale with lots of 'card packs', that'll be the 'safe'. Releasing single player only games without DLC or card packs is daring in this day & age IMO.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually games always has DLC example like dragonball fighter z or batman arkham knight n ff15. I am curious y gow don hv extra dlc ? Companies usually always try to milk hard co gamers .i am suprise gow don hv dlc

gow dun have day 1 dlc??

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Just a few hours in into GOW and I'm amazed by the epic battle with "Stranger"! Reminds me of 1 to 1 fist fight in past games. Can't wait to play more to see what's next. Happy that they steer into a different direction, when ascension came out it was great but the formula becomes a little stale.

Last edited:

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Do I need to play previous installments of gow to fully understand what's going on in the latest?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.